Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healy Eames

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

If Hildegarde Naughton is even half as good and effective and straight-dealing as her father, who was a senior FG officer for many years then she would be my choice for the FG seat in Galway West.

A pity to see Padraig MacCormac failing to get the party nomination this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

I'd nearly vote for my cat ahead of fidelma having had the misfortune to meet her and her husband on several occasions I cannot see what she'd bring to the country by being elected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

skelliser wrote: »
    ronanduffy is no shill!! cant believe im saying that!! lol! Ronan!
    I can confirm that i know him.

dont know about horse outside tho.

Iv no affiliation with FHE's btw nor do i care.

As Ronan said maybe ye should ask her about these things!
    Politicians do have supporters, folks. The main difference between them and shills is they don't get paid, but that doesn't mean they arent genuine.

I don't vote based on a politician's personal favours to me, I vote based on their party's national policies, since it's the party that will see through changes, not individuals. Fidelma Healy-Eames will be getting a vote from me, as will all FG representatives. The best of a bad lot and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭lion_bar

Fuinseog wrote: »
    DeValera was a teacher and he did alright.

Really?

What did he do that was so good?

I'd list his failures as Fianna Fail, a dodgy paper scam & a state that he let McQuaid and the Catholic Church have far too much influence in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

I would have nearly always voted fine gael and mccormack but seeing as how they shafted him and denied me the chance to vote for him they can sod off, i'll be going else where than fine gael in galway west.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 stargirl2k8

Was genuinely thinking of giving her at least a no.2 vote until I met the woman. She called to our door the other evening and when I questioned her on some changes she was proposing on the leaflet she almost seemed annoyed at me for doing so. None of the other Fine Gael candidates have called to the door yet which I find pretty strange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Was genuinely thinking of giving her at least a no.2 vote until I met the woman. She called to our door the other evening and when I questioned her on some changes she was proposing on the leaflet she almost seemed annoyed at me for doing so. None of the other Fine Gael candidates have called to the door yet which I find pretty strange!

I would be fairly sure that they split up a constituency between them so they get a decent amount of first preferences each and transfers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

i'm not, alot of people don't like them or their policies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

have just watched her on youtube.

NUIG Lit&Deb - Sen. Fidelma Healy Eames (FG)

it sounds like she is doing a skit on politicians.

she said hello in Irish. she must be fluent.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

Of the FG candidates I'd rate Healy Eames the lowest, she seems to be a typical, toe the party line, vote me in and I'll sit in the Dail and do nothing for the next five years type without any real vision or principle.

Naughton seems like a more principled and idealistic sort who won't mind rocking the boat a bit. I have been quite impressed with her actions in Galway City Council going against her own party and exposing some of the dodgy planning and zoning shenanigans that have been going on:

http://www.galwaynews.ie/17222-%E2%80%98elite-vested-interests%E2%80%99-behind-key-land-rezoning

I'm actually quite surprised that she made it onto the FG ticket at all given that shes ruffled quite a few of her party colleagues feathers over the past couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hope4future

<Should have read the forum announcement but didn't and got banned>.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=475

hope4future won't be joining us again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Any chance you could update that announcement with a rolling count of shills banned 'for a' candidate and shills banned for being against/generally obnoxious a candidate or party over the last while Biko :)

Some n00b posted in here with a large graphic of 'a letter' last night and I'd say they got sitebanned seeing as they posted the same thing in the GE forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

The people have spoken. IMO Enda should not give her a seat. They will have two TDs in Galway and he may be better off in giving a seat in the Seanad to somebody else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hope4future

Yes people have spoken.Lets hope Enda hits the ground running as we have had plenty of staling up to now.Good to see that he bring in Cox for first 100 days of office.
    re FHE; at a re-count as far as I am aware all parties have their lawyers there because it is standard practice so I do not think they would be ordered in as suggested previously.The reason for this is that they decide on legitimate ballot sheets/spoiled votes etc....It is a very long process and it would be them thats determining the pace it goes at.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

hope4future banned as per Popes announcement.
    These threads will start getting locked with referral to Politics as soon as the counts etc are finished, probably by tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement