Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheapest Ipad sim?

• 07-01-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭

am thinking of finally getting one for my 3g ipad but obviously want the best value. any ideas please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

sweetie wrote: »
    am thinking of finally getting one for my 3g ipad but obviously want the best value. any ideas please?

Three have a plan from €9.99 per month, but will depend on how much you use it on 3g.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Another thing to consider would be network coverage, no point in going for the cheapest if you get ****ty coverage where you live. I've got a Meteor sim and because I'd only need it on specific days, I keep 10 euros on it. When I need it for the day, I turn on the cellular data and it charges me 2.99 for the day which is fine.

I find that most of the time, I'm either in a Wifi zone or now, I've got an Android phone, I can turn it into a Wifi hotspot and access the net from the iPad using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

It's a great deal and bargain, which I have been happily using for the last 6 months, but oh-so-hard to actually get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

What do you mean free roaming on three? Please explain?

• Advertisement

culabula wrote: »
    It's a great deal and bargain, which I have been happily using for the last 6 months, but oh-so-hard to actually get.

How did u manage to get it? do you need an Italian credit card or bank account?

Any details will be appreciated

IrishHomer wrote: »
    What do you mean free roaming on three? Please explain?

As all 3 networks around the globe (with the exception of 3UK) offer 3 Like Home) a Tre ITA SIM, will happily roam island-wide in Ireland at no cost. Therefore I use one of these SIMs in my iPad/mifi, having put 15 months upfront on it, total cost of 75€. Sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

nava wrote: »

As far as I know, it needs to be bought by an Italian resident.

Essentially, you need an Italian, stir well, for best results.

Seriously, some people have got these very easily (passport essential) others -even Italians - have encountered huge amounts of form-filling. Best to get one and stick a year upfront on it, to avoid constantly getting someone to top it up for you. Eventually, you will need an Italian resident to topup as Irish cards or Paypal with Irish address will simply not be entertained.

basquille wrote: »
    As far as I know, it needs to be bought by an Italian resident.

A passport and an address -hotel or in some cases, that of the Tre.it shop, will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭zu

I have been using one of these for two years. My last top up was on 27th July 2012 of €30 but the credit is gone now.

Is the All'estero come a casa offer finished?

zu wrote: »
    I have been using one of these for two years. My last top up was on 27th July 2012 of €30 but the credit is gone now.

Is the All'estero come a casa offer finished?

Are you sure you had it on select Network manually and that had 3 ireland selected, I wonder if there's some T&C's that every so often you need to go back to use it in Italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭zu

Are you sure you had it on select Network manually and that had 3 ireland selected, I wonder if there's some T&C's that every so often you need to go back to use it in Italy

1. I've been on 3 Ireland all the time.
    2. Don't know about extra T & C. However I suspect a 10 cent / session charge
    3. http://www.tre.it/promozioni/internet-mobile/ricaricabile-per-ipad

zu wrote: »
    1. I've been on 3 Ireland all the time.
    2. Don't know about extra T & C. However I suspect a 10 cent / session charge
    3. http://www.tre.it/promozioni/internet-mobile/ricaricabile-per-ipad

No, something has gone wrong.

If you check your account you will see that (like me) you have occasionally been being charged while roaming on 3 IRL and 3 UK. this is over an above the 10c charge. Their system is charging as though you had strayed onto a non-3 network.

I don't know what caused this but it happened immediately after a top-up of 50€ in May and affects everyone I know who has one.

The 3 Like Home option is still there but it is broken. I have complained bitterly to Tre by every means possible but to no avail.

In case that is a possibility, I have sent mine back to Italy for two weeks. I'll report when it is returned to me.

Advertisement