Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Insulation plasterboard + Plumber

• 07-01-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

How much should I be expected to pay for insulation plasterboard 50mm and 38mm plus fixings for same. Also price for plumber to remove three radiators and replace allowing for 50mm plasterboard behind ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

How much should I be expected to pay for insulation plasterboard 50mm and 38mm plus fixings for same. Also price for plumber to remove three radiators and replace allowing for 50mm plasterboard behind ?

50mm is around 35 euro a board. If a carpenter supplies then add 25%

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

I paid €300 for 8 38mm boards plus 4 bags of skim and beads, delivered.

Not as cheap as you might think. Possibly went over on the skim, plasterer may have kept it to himself.

Well worth it though - another question is what's the daily rate for 2 plasterers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭brendankelly

You should get a supply and fit price to get the job done. Price per day for a plasterer varies on how good the plasterer is. Our business is mostly lime plastering and eco friendly plasterboard fitting. We have a video on u tube showing how external lime plastering should be done ie at least 2 coats floated and a crack free finish. Our prices are been undercut every day by people that only float the final coat and sometimes with no coat floated. They are cheaper on the day than us but we also charge for removing cracked plaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭BOND747

i got 50mm plaster board for €28 each today, the sales guy told me its going up in price due amount being used since start of cold weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

BOND747 wrote: »
    i got 50mm plaster board for €28 each today, the sales guy told me its going up in price due amount being used since start of cold weather

where did you get it at that price Bond. I need some myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭BOND747

gsxr1 wrote: »
    where did you get it at that price Bond. I need some myself.
    sales rep with tipp co-op in tipperary town, i got 20 sheets.. shop around because some places might have older stock available at lower prices

Advertisement