Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 sister share same birthday - 2 years apart

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

He should wear a johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

My sister and brother share the same birthday and there 7 years apart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Meh. My brother and I were born on the same day four years apart. Big hoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My sister and I have the same birthday, but she's 13 years older than me.

I don't think it's very rare tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Oh wait:
    Lecturer in midwifery at University College Cork, Rhona O'Connell, said there was no medical explanation why a woman would give birth to her children on the same date.

"It's a chance occurrence unless the mother had been induced but other than that there's no maternity reason why that would occur," Ms O'Connell said

Did you really need to get a lecturer in modwifery to tell you that, Indo? Really? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

My old man's birthday is the day after mine....which is quite disturbing if you think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

It must be a slow news day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I'm from a fairly small family. I share my birthday with my grandmother and two relatives have also died on this date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

TheZohan wrote: »
    My old man's birthday is the day after mine....which is quite disturbing if you think about it.

Why is it disturbing?? Because he concieved you 3 months after his birthday??

Because you happened to be born on the same day as his birthday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Still thinking about it..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

He was getting pussy before he was dropped. Impressive

There's a girl I used to work with that had two sets of twins in one family and another sister who shared the same birthday as one set of the twins, but a year apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

cos you're a day older than you're dad :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

If you consider the Birthday Problem, in probability, for example in a room of 23 people the probability that 2 of them share the same birthday is 50%, then, in a population of 4 million, the probability of 3 siblings sharing the same birthday may not be all that high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

AntiMatter wrote: »
    If you consider the Birthday Problem in probability, for example in a room of 23 people the probability that 2 of them share the same birthday is 50%, then, in a population of 4 million, the probability of 3 siblings sharing the same birthday may not be all that high.
    Indeed

When I tell people about the Birthday Problem, some simply won't believe me, even if I link them to the calculations. Apparently, self observations > hard maths.

We tend to underestimate the likelihood of seemingly unlikely events occurring in a massive world of infinite possibilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

parents obviously timing kids around Christmas.

'what do you mean you want birthday presents too, sure Christmas was only last week? ye can't be having them all the time'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Lecturer in midwifery at University College Cork, Rhona O'Connell, said there was no medical explanation why a woman would give birth to her children on the same date.

"It's a chance occurrence unless the mother had been induced but other than that there's no maternity reason why that would occur," Ms O'Connell said

There's a reason alright, it's called birthday ride syndrome. Midwives these days!

My missus has a brother and sister, born same day 3 years apart, coincedentaly 9 months after parents wedding anniversary:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

My brother and I share the same birthday, 15 minutes apart.

I think there's a name for people like us.....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I know a guy who has twins and another girl all with the same birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭Kasabian

All my siblings, all nine of them were born on the same day of each month beginning with January 2nd etc.

In a caravan without midwife or nurse.

I was however invented.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Oh wait:

Did you really need to get a lecturer in modwifery to tell you that, Indo? Really? :rolleyes:

Is this a course on how to marry a mod? :confused:

awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Ah, the good old human interest filler story. Bless its wrinkly little cotton socks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ButtersStotch

My brother and I share the same birthday, 15 minutes apart.

I think there's a name for people like us.....

Dang you beat me to it!

Altho myself and my brother share the same birthday but 10 minutes apart!:eek: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My mam has three brothers. One born on the 23rd of July, one on the 24th of July and one on the 25th of July - a year between each of them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Indeed

When I tell people about the Birthday Problem, some simply won't believe me, even if I link them to the calculations. Apparently, self observations > hard maths.

We tend to underestimate the likelihood of seemingly unlikely events occurring in a massive world of infinite possibilities.

Rather than try the maths I wrote a program to generate 57 random numbers beween 1 and 365 and on two successive iterations it came up with 0 duplicates. What are the odds of beating 99% odds against twice in a row? :)

Advertisement