Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Movie Quotes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Common as...

hell of thing, killin a man
    take away all he's got
    all he's ever gonna have - unforgiven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Lady von Purple

Blazing Saddles- well, all of it. But:
    "Hey boys, look what I got over here!"
    "Where all the white women at??"

Die Hard:
    On a sign around the neck of an unconscious man-
    "Ho ho ho, I got a machine gun now."

The Producers:
    "I'm hysterical! I'm hysterical!"
    *slaps Gene Wilder in face*
    "I'm in pain! I'm in pain! And I'm still hysterical!"
    *throws water in Gene Wilder's face*
    "I'm wet! I'm wet, I'm in pain, AND I'M STILL HYSTERICAL!"

"You're gonna jump on me, you're gonna jump on me!!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Qualifications?
    Rape, murder, arson, and rape.
    You said rape twice.
    I like rape
    Blazing Saddles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭amacca

Tugg Speedman: Wait, what?

Kirk Lazarus: Are you serious, you don't know? Man, everyone knows you never go full retard.

Tugg Speedman: What do you mean?

Kirk Lazarus: Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, Rain Man - looks retarded, acts retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cars, autistic, sho', not retarded. .........You got Tom Hanks, Forrest Gump - slow yes, retarded maybe, but he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping pong competition, that ain't retarded.... You went full retard, man... Never go full retard.

(You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, I Am Sam - went full retard, went home empty handed.)

not the greatest comedy film by any stretch of the imagination - but I thought Downey Jr was hilarious as Lazarus

When I seen Tropic Thunder for the first time in the cinema, no one else laughed except me, I laughed so hard I'm sure people thought I was deranged.

Also from the same film

Les Grossman: Now I want you to take a step back... and literally **** your own face!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

John McClane: Yippe Ki-Yay, motherfúcker...
    -Die Hard

Alonzo Harris: To protect the sheep, you gotta catch the wolf; and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf, you know what I'm saying?
    Jake Hoyt: What?!
    Alonzo Harris: I said you protect the sheep by killing the motherfúcking wolves... Nah, you hearing me but you ain't listening!
    -Training Day

Howard Payne: Pop quiz, hotshot!!!
    -Speed

The Joker: Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
    -Batman

Trainspotting:
    TOMMY: Doesn't it make you proud to be Scottish?

RENTON: I hate being Scottish. We're the lowest of the ****ing low, the scum of the earth, the most wretched, servile, miserable, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some people hate the English, but I don't. They're just ****. We, on the other hand, are colonized by ****. We can't even pick a decent culture to be colonized by. We are ruled by effete arseholes. It's a ****e state of affairs and all the fresh air in the world will not make any ****ing difference.

Top Gun

Son, your ego's writing cheques your body can't cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭the varg

Junior: Simple, free your mind and the ass will follow.
    Bunny: Hey, I can dig it, man. When you smoke that **** everything kind of gets weird, you know what I mean? You heard that story about the gooks putting chemicals in the grass so we don't fight and become pacifists?
    Junior: Yeah, but don't you worry Bunny, 'cos you're used to kill anyway, man.
    Bunny: Yeah, but I still like a piece of pussy once in a while. Ain't nothing like a piece of pussy, except maybe the Indy 500.
    Junior: The only way you get some pussy man, is if a bitch dies and wills it to you. And then, maybe!

Platoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Fukcstick?

Matrix revolutions
    Agent Smith
    : Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Yes? No? Could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?
    Neo: Because I choose to.

• Advertisement

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭vincentdunne

Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me

The life of Brian Cowan (2010)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

"Roads? Where we're going we won't need roads"

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭wurzlitzer

In John Carpenters assault on precinct 13

"Ready"
    "I was born ready"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Scarface:

I'm Tony Montana, a political prisoner from Cuba. And I want my fu*kin' human rights, now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Fistfull of dynamite- JUAN- I know what I am talking about when I am talking about the revolutions. The people who read the books go to the people who can't read the books, the poor people, and say, "We have to have a change." So, the poor people make the change, ah? And then, the people who read the books, they all sit around the big polished tables, and they talk and talk and talk and eat and eat and eat, eh? But what has happened to the poor people? They're dead!!!!... That's your revolution. Shhh... So, please, don't tell me about revolutions! And what happens afterwards? The same ****ing thing starts all over again!!!!!

one of the best movie quotes of all time imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jose Jones

Lloyd: I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.
    Harry: Oh, I don't know, Lloyd. The French are assholes.

This one is brilliant from No Country for Old Men
    Loretta Bell
    : How'd you sleep?
    Ed Tom Bell: I don't know. Had dreams.
    Loretta Bell: Well you got time for 'em now. Anythin' interesting?
    Ed Tom Bell: They always is to the party concerned.
    Loretta Bell: Ed Tom, I'll be polite.
    Ed Tom Bell: Alright then. Two of 'em. Both had my father in 'em . It's peculiar. I'm older now then he ever was by twenty years. So in a sense he's the younger man. Anyway, first one I don't remember too well but it was about meeting him in town somewhere, he's gonna give me some money. I think I lost it. The second one, it was like we was both back in older times and I was on horseback goin' through the mountains of a night. Goin' through this pass in the mountains. It was cold and there was snow on the ground and he rode past me and kept on goin'. Never said nothin' goin' by. He just rode on past... and he had his blanket wrapped around him and his head down and when he rode past I seen he was carryin' fire in a horn the way people used to do and I could see the horn from the light inside of it. 'Bout the color of the moon. And in the dream I knew that he was goin' on ahead and he was fixin' to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and all that cold, and I knew that whenever I got there he would be there. And then I woke up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Caitlinn

Tony Montana: "What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of ****in' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your ****in' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie."

Scarface (1983)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They're coming outta the god damn walls

- aliens

mmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

"the elders, they couldn't agree on the colour of sh1te":D

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

This is classic "put the bunny back in the box"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Not my all time favourite, but Ive been going around sayin it for past few days :D

Reporter: Robo, excuse me, Robo, any special message for all the kids watching at home?
    RoboCop: Stay out of trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

"Luke I am your Dad"

-Darth Vader in Star Trek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

withnail and I is a classic for quotes.

Why can't they make cheapo funny films anymore:(

Edit ,just noticed someone else posted about above

Another favourite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

"This is paradise, I'm tellin' you. This town is like a great big pussy just waiting to get fucked!"

"Hey baby what is your problem? You're good looking, you got a beautiful body, beautiful legs, beautiful face, all these guys in love with you. Only you got a look in your eye like you haven't been fucked in a year!"

"I never fucked anybody over in my life didn't have it coming to them. You got that? All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one"

"Orders? You giving me orders? Amigo, the only thing in this world that gives orders is balls. You got that?"

"Who put this thing together? Me, that's who! Who do I trust? Me!"

"What you think I am? A fuckin' worm, like you? I told you, man! I told you, don't fuck with me! I told you, no fuckin' kids! No, but you wouldn't listen! Well, you stupid fuck! Look at you now!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

"Open the pod-bay doors, Hal."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Fredo, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. <emphasis>When you call to see our mother, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be here</emphasis>. You understand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

That_Guy wrote: »
    "Fcuk you and your gun you prick" - Fatal Deviation.

THE greatest ever film is available on YouTube featuring such memorable characters as Mikey Graham.

'Wouldn't it be ironic if I had the son of the man I killed come to work for ME.'

Now that's irony.
    Confab wrote: »
    "Shoot the glass.'"

Saw him in a play recently, really wanted him to use that line!

Think I probably saw the same play. :pac:

"Big Ed, Great... Big... Ed.
    Know why they call him that? Because his ideas are big.
    Someday he's gonna get a really big one, about me. It'll be his last."

"I told you to keep away from that radio.
    If that battery is dead it'll have company."

"A copper, a copper, how do you like that boys? And we went for it, I went for it.
    Treated him like a kid brother. And I was gonna split fifty-fifty with a copper!"

"Made it, Ma! Top of the world!"

- Cody Jarrett (White Heat)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

The final 7 minutes or there abouts of; There will be blood. Absolutely brilliant film, and the final scene is epic.

Eli Sunday: This… I must have this, Daniel, I must, I must, I must, I must, I must have this. My investments have... Daniel I won’t bore you but, if I could grab the Lord’s hand for help I would but He does these things all the time, these mysteries that He presents and while we wait! While we wait for His word!
    Plainview: Because you're not the chosen brother, Eli. 'Twas Paul who was chosen. See he found me and told me about your land, you're just a fool.
    Eli Sunday: Why are you talking about Paul? Don’t say this to me.
    Plainview: I did what your brother couldn't, I broke you and I beat you. It was Paul told me about you, he's the prophet, he's the smart one. He knew what was there, he found me to take it out of the ground. You know what the funny thing is? Listen, listen, listen-- I paid him $10,000 cash in hand, just like that. He has his own company now. Prosperous little business. Three wells producing $5000 a week.
    [Eli weeps]
    Plainview: Stop crying, you sniveling ass! Stop your nonsense! You're just the afterbirth, Eli, slithered out on your mother's filth. They should have put you in glass jar on a mantelpiece. Where were you when Paul was suckling at his mother's teat, eh? Where were you? Who was nursing you, poor Eli, one of Bandy's sows? That land has been had, there’s nothing you can do about it. It’s gone, had.
    Eli Sunday: If you would just---
    Plainview: You lose.
    Eli Sunday: Take this lease, Daniel--
    Plainview: Drainage! Drainage, Eli, you boy. Drained dry, I’m so sorry. Here: if you have a milkshake... and I have a milkshake... and I have a straw; there it is, that’s the straw, see? Watch it. My straw reaches across the room... and starts to drink your milkshake: I... drink... your... milkshake! [slurps] I drink it up!
    Eli Sunday: Don’t bully me, Daniel!
    [Plainview picks up Eli and tosses him on the ground]
    Plainview: [screams] Did you think your song and dance and your superstition would help you, Eli?! I am the Third Revelation! I am who the Lord has chosen!
    [Plainview begins throwing bowling balls at Eli]
    Plainview: And yes, I’m smarter than you, I’m older---
    Eli Sunday: I’m your old friend, Daniel--
    Plainview: I’m older! I’m not a false prophet, you sniveling boy. I am the Third Revelation! I am the Third Revelation! I told you I would eat you! I told you I would eat you up!
    [Plainview chases Eli]
    Eli Sunday: We're family! We're brothers! We're brothers! Daniel please forgive me, I beg you--
    Plainview: That's it, that's it...
    [Plainview bludgeons Eli to death with a bowling pin. The butler hears the noise]
    Butler: Mr. Daniel?
    [Plainview sits down on the floor, panting, then finally responds]
    Plainview: I'm finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DraganSerbovic

"Enough is enough! I am sick and tired of these motherf**king snakes on this motherf**king plane!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Luck is not a factor.

When it comes to the safety of these people, there's me and then there's God, understand?

"You ever take a dump made you feel like you'd just slept for twelve hours?"

"When you die you're going to regret the things you don't do.
    You think you're queer? I'm going to tell you something: we're all queer.
    You think you're a thief? So what?
    You get befuddled by a middle-class morality? Get shut of it. Shut it out.
    You cheat on your wife? You did it, live with it.
    You fuck little girls, so be it.
    There's an absolute morality? Maybe. And then what?
    If you think there is, go ahead, be that thing.
    Bad people go to hell? I don't think so.
    If you think that, act that way.
    A hell exists on earth? Yes.
    I won't live in it. That's me."

"WHAT YOU'RE HIRED FOR, is to help us... does that seem clear to you?
    TO HELP US, not to... FUCK-US-UP!
    To help those who are going out there to try to earn a living...
    You fairy..
    You company man."

"You never open your mouth until you know what the shot is. You fucking child."

"You stupid fucking ****. You, Williamson, I'm talking to you, shithead. You just cost me $6,000. Six thousand dollars, and one Cadillac. That's right. What are you going to do about it? What are you going to do about it, asshole? You're fucking shit. Where did you learn your trade, you stupid fucking ****, you idiot? Who ever told you that you could work with men?"

- Ricky Roma (Glengarry Glen Ross)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

"You Ever talk down to me again, I'm gonna kick your ass so bad, your gonna the only guy in heaven in a wheelchair" -Chris Rock in Bad Company.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

"Nothing like a good sh1t...." :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

'There's no beer down here, man.'

'Sure, way down in the bottom'

Carlito's Way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

The Godfather I
    [Moe Greene leaves]
    Fredo:
    Mike! You do not come to Las Vegas and talk to a man like Moe Greene like that!

Michael:
    Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

• Advertisement

aDeener wrote: »

This is the best Bond scene ever... ;)

El Siglo wrote: »
    This is the best Bond scene ever... ;)

Not just the Bond character's idea of how best to handle women, also his own it seems:

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Not just the Bond character's idea of how best to handle women, also his own it seems:

Nice fella!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Love the brave heart one. Very Irish!

Under Siege 2
    "Assumption is the mother of all f***ups"

Under Siege 1
    William Strannix: You're a maniac. Drowning your own crew.
    Commander Krill: They never liked me anyway.
    Doumer: I bet they f**kin' love ya now, huh?

(always thought this was a ad lib by Colm Meaney )

The Gumball Rally
    Franco: And now my friend, the first-a rule of Italian driving.
    [Franco rips off his rear-view mirror and throws it out of the car]
    Franco: What's-a behind me is not important.

Blade Runner
    Batty: "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die."

Finally...

Princess Bride
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
    "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9J1vC-4wTs&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash - Top Gun

Dale : You and your mom are hilbillies. This is a house of learned doctors.
    Brennan: You're not a doctor... you're a big, fat, curly-headed ****!
    Step Brothers

How wasted were we last night?
    Well, I touched Christy Boner's hoo-hoo, were on the hook for two hundred thousand dollars to a transsexual stripper, and my car's gone. I'd say we were pretty wasted
    Dude Wheres my Car?

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, lying there in your...your little ghost manger, lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental...videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors
    Talladega Nights

Bull****. It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress.
    Full Metal Jacket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Wallace and Gromit; The Curse of the Were Rabbit:

Wallace: We'll be there in an hour.

Lady Tottingham (Totty to her friends): An AAHR?! I haven't got an aahr! I've got an infestation!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Sean Parker: You know what's cooler than a million dollars?
    Eduardo Saverin: You?
    Sean Parker: A billion dollars.
    The Social Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

'You guys are just dumber than a bag of hammers.'

(Oh brother where art thou)

Full of much better quotes I can't remember right now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

White Chicks

"What a beautiful chocolate man, haha"

"I can taste the leather"

Advertisement