Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox affecting digital tv signal

• 07-01-2011 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭

Was watching tv on digital yesterday, switched on my new box and all of a sudden the signl is lost from digital reciever, i turned back off the xbox and signal returned, same happened when i switched it back on! any ideas wtf is going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Whats the point in having an xbox on when watching tv ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Is it something to do with the way your cables are setup? When I switch on the xbox the picture automatically switches to the HDMI for the xbox. When I switch it off it goes to the HDMI for the satilite. Could it be something similiar? Do you have the xbox running through the receiver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

i had it on downloading a game, xbox is connceted hdmi to tv, it switches over automatically to xbox but when i go back the signal is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

UPC or Sky? If it's UPC and your using a HDMI to connect the upc box to the tv there are problems with that set up.

UPC or Sky? If it's UPC and your using a HDMI to connect the upc box to the tv there are problems with that set up.

no like digital rte channels the tv has a built in decoder, the xbox is the only thig connected besides the aerial cable from the aerial on the roof

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Btwndeyes wrote: »
    no like digital rte channels the tv has a built in decoder, the xbox is the only thig connected besides the aerial cable from the aerial on the roof

Have you tried moving your powersupply around ,sometimes they can emit static and stuff.

Sorry for the smart answer earlier.:o

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Have you tried moving your powersupply around ,sometimes they can emit static and stuff.

Sorry for the smart answer earlier.:o

no woories, will try that i have the powersupply right behind the tv now i think of it

Advertisement