Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you look well?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Novella wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with white runners? :confused:

I'd say they're a bit counter-productive in a constantly raining and therefore generally fairly muddy/slushy country like Ireland, sure you'd have to wash or at least wipe them all the time.

Other than that I don't get the big deal, either..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Subtle Troll

liah wrote: »
    Well I didn't mean like BLUE jeans, it was just a statement in regards to the fact that I already stated the black/white/red so maybe the blue that is an inherent part of jeans everywhere makes me look less Nazi-ish. My jeans are.. normal jeans colour. :pac:

Whats black and white and red all over?
    Your only dacent set of clothes cuz the jeans are probably awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Whats black and white and red all over?
    Your only dacent set of clothes cuz the jeans are probably awful!

But then I'd not be wearing any pants.. :(

liah wrote: »
    But then I'd not be wearing any pants.. :(

Here look I've only just been talkin to ye take it slow jeez at least go for a macdonalds with me first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

I'm certainly no fashion statement. I like what I like, really don't care much what others wear and/or think of what I wear.
    You might not like it but the reality is how you present yourself does matter,

I am probably half way between these two points of view.

As I type this I am in my old Whistler hoody, surplus army combats and a grand father **** (love those things), we have visitors so this is relatively dressed up! If I am at home on the farm I will have my luminious red dungarees ( €2 from a colleague in Germany) torn padded shirt, wolly hat.:eek:

But at work it is very important how you present yourself, you have to make some bit of a effort in front of customers etc

But I also find this very frustrating;
    People have a tendancy to underestimate you.

I have seen this at first hand on several occassions while onsite where I have to dress accordingly, usually snickers workwear.

I take great joy in going through these people for a short cut!!

One weird thing with me is that I cannot relax unless I am dressed down. So If I get home from work/town whatever I have to change to old clothes befreo I can relax around the house.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I probably look a bit tired but apart from that A-1 Bosco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

when i get up ten mins earlier in the morning yes i look well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Yeah I went to Spain a few times last year and couldn't understand all the girls wandering about in those foul looking jeans with the crotch down to the knees.

Do I look well? I look mostly normal I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

If ya walk by a group of scangers and get heckled, THEN your looking well ;)

EDIT: Could someone find a link to said knee crotch trousers? Can't find em on google...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I can scrub up daycent, mostly i don't really give a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Here look I've only just been talkin to ye take it slow jeez at least go for a macdonalds with me first.

*puts sex swing away*

:(

Yeah I went to Spain a few times last year and couldn't understand all the girls wandering about in those foul looking jeans with the crotch down to the knees.

Normally each to their own but when my own spanish girl showed up in a set a dem she was lucky she had a normal pair too or she'd have been walking round town in a bag of spuds.

Kiera wrote: »
    *puts sex swing away*

:(

Do you prefer burger king? Me too but sometimes I like to stay in and cuddle, I know what the girls like, hows your swing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

if im around the house or doing nothing I probably look like a bit of a kancker to be honest, trackie bottoms/hoodies and the likes.

I scrub up well though!

Do you prefer burger king? Me too but sometimes I like to stay in and cuddle, I know what the girls like, hows your swing?

I dont do cuddles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Go little beyond jeans and T shirt. Practical boots, I have a pair on cons but never wear them as they are the crapist shoes ever made.

Always clean shaven but haven't had a haircut since 1998 so the dreads are past my ass now.

generaly told i look pretty good despite the unorthadoxy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I dont do cuddles.

Cuddles is a codeword for manual near-strangulation and asphyxiation play. Interested now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Go little beyond jeans and T shirt. Practical boots, I have a pair on cons but never wear them as they are the crapist shoes ever made.

Always clean shaven but haven't had a haircut since 1998 so the dreads are past my ass now.

Get a haircut, ya bum!

*looks in reflection*

Eh.............oh.............

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭figarofigaro

What's the story with those faggy looking boots that lads are wearing these days? I mean the ones that you leave the tops hanging open and tuck your trousers into. Them shits is mad faggy.

Me, I'm always impeccably dressed.

I dont do cuddles.

Straight to business then? jaysus you're as bad as the other one with no pants on her

• Advertisement

prinz wrote: »
    Cuddles is a codeword for manual near-strangulation and asphyxiation play. Interested now?

Only if i can smoke while we play that game?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

jeans, tshirt and trollface hoody is my style.

Problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

i dress and look like my idol. nice suit and tie, keep the body in trim, drink only rarely and mind my teeth.

my idol is brian cowen. but sometimes i get angry due to the intensity of my jealousy:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 First Post

Sandles with socks, tight pink jeans, an ironic T-Shirt and a hashplant necklace even though I don't take drugs.

You're all soooooo mainstream.

I look tired

as for the fashion bit, I haven't a feckin clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I wear clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I only wear John Rocha

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LadyHeart

i dont wear anything on that page, what now, maybe get the barcelona nerd trousers.

Any pics of these trousers? I'm curious!

And yeah, I look great. All the time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'm as fashionable as a Nazi...

LadyHeart wrote: »
    Any pics of these trousers? I'm curious!

And yeah, I look great. All the time.

Here you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I only wear John Rocha

Does he find it painful?:pac:

I'm lazy with clothes. Rarely iron, wear odd socks etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Here you go.

Is he wearing his little sister's trousers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Wear jeans, combats or tracksuit bottoms. Kinda getting sick of wearing hoodies now, looking for some new clothes and styles but am quite broke so it's gonna have to wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 L_Bonn

I look like crap but hey, the ladies dont mind as they know Im loaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

I spend most of my time on my bike, hiking, in my shed working on my bikes or at work in another shed so I dress pretty practically.
    Generally big warm fleece, scruffy old jeans or trackies, work or hiking boots so I look like a cross between a hobo and an ad for northface.
    I also spend a lot of time in cycling clothes (skin-tight lycra in ridiculous clothing) which, needless to say doesn't leaving my looking "well" although I've been told I've got lovely legs.
    It's also nice to dress up nice and I wear a suit whenever I get a chanc

Generally wear lacoste or calvin klein underwear because you've got to look good when you get down to the bare essentials.

Advertisement