Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on Junction Box

Options
  • 07-01-2011 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Last year I did a bit of wiring in an outside shed, used the forum here and a few books and all worked out well but now I've a new problem/project.

I'm wiring up a few heat lamps in the attic of the garage where the water tanks are. Here's my problem, with the outside shed I used waterproof gear and the junction box came with the terminals, a 4x4, so it was simple to wire. But I've found that all the 'inside' junction boxes I've come across are empty - what do I use (or what do I ask for) to connect my wires?

I have one cable coming from a socket and want to wire 3 lamps to it. The thermonstat is already in place between the socket and where the lamps will be. So its really one cable to spilt to go to 3 different lamps.

Cheers
    Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Any decent connector that has good screw terminals that can give a good grip.

If you're using flexible cables(flex), might be better to use ferrules too.

Dare I say it but in my opinion, 13A strip connectors would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dp639

Thanks,
    Do you have a link to any connectors so I know what I am looking for.

With regard to the 13A strip connectors, I've one cable 'coming in' and 3 'going out', so do I have 4 wires in each connector of the strip connector?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

4 wires in each that's it!!!

What kind of cable are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dp639

Cheers Randy!!

Advertisement