Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calor Gas Disaster

Options
  • 07-01-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

left me without LPG for 2 weeks now.
    Bulk cylinder.
    Supposed to be on automatic top-up.Ring every day and am told we're on the schedule for that day but no delivery. Now told nothing till next week, so have to survive through more snow and freezing temperatures.
    And to cap it all a letter arrives in the door saying the prices are going up.
    Biggest mistake of my life ever getting LPG. But the disgusting cutomer treatment of Calor is driving me up the wall completely.

Only it's so expensive to switch I'd have gone to something else by now.
    Safe to say i will be changing in summer time, once I get a few bob together for some alterative.

Anyone know who I make a complaint to about this? I checked the energy regulator but that only seems to cover natural gas. Anyone overseeing LPG providers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Write to the md in calor outlineing your complaint and tell him you are changing companies.
    Many years ago I used flogas for lpg and I have to say I found them excellent to deal with back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mksmhs

Hi this seems to be an ongoing problem with a lot of Calor Gas customers, I did the same looking for somewhere to complain but couldn't find where or who to complain to.
    I also couldn't find a regulator website that covered Gas delivery services because quite frankly their services is appalling and its not like a shop where you can go elsewhere we are stuck with them.
    Don't know if it is possible to change to oil central heating, would I just need a new boiler and tank or would I have to change the whole central heating system? Probably would cost a fortune. Also noticed on another thread that Calor do not charge customers in the UK anywhere near as much as they charge us. So wish I did not get gas. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Charlie 08

I'm with flogas and think their customer service is rubbish. no competition in the market so we're stuck with either flogas or calor. Am changing in the near future also but to something greener-heat pump/solar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭bigroad

As a matter of interest what price is a litre of lpg.or what prise is say 500 litres.thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Charlie 08

On 17/12/10 503l cost €525 (flogas)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭bigroad

Thanks charlie .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

Can you convert the system to bottled supply, and tell them to bin the bulk tank,

• Registered Users Posts: 26,988 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Interesting Thread, sympathies with the OP re delivery.

In the Hotel trade deliveries are supposed to automatic also?

Off topic a little, I just wondered what is the cost of having one of these tanks installed and how much to fill one? I have often wondered is bulk gas more economical than oil? on the surface it would appear not.

Just in relation to converting to Bottled gas, i doubt this would be practical, cylinders cost an arm and a leg and would require regular changing.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 isailkin

just got our gas bill from calor for only 1month 220e!!!!is this normal? only have 6 rads on max 5/7 hrs.
    want to change but cant as its a communal system in our estate. if u get bill by direct debit is it cheaper? our boiler i think is quite old, but we do have thermostat for downstairs and upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 angela59

Was thinking of switching from oil to LPG because of the price of oil but am having second thoughts now. Any advice from anyone with LPG or who has switched would be much appreciated.

Angela59

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

isailkin wrote: »
    just got our gas bill from calor for only 1month 220e!!!!is this normal? only have 6 rads on max 5/7 hrs.
    want to change but cant as its a communal system in our estate. if u get bill by direct debit is it cheaper? our boiler i think is quite old, but we do have thermostat for downstairs and upstairs.
    IS there a themostat and motorized valve on the cylinder ? that might help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Folks this is not really a plumbing and heating issue and i left it for as long as i could. Perhaps you will have more luck here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mksmhs

Customer Support Manager at Calor Gas is called David Ryan address is usual Calor address Long Mile Road, Dublin 12

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

isailkin wrote: »

I have Bord Gas, I have an old boiler with no thermostae. I have 5 rads.

I have the gas on for 1.5 hrs per day. Bill is usually €85 per 2 months. So you bill does seem pretty right.

I live in an old cold house but I find putting the heat on for 1/2 an hour 3 times a day is usually OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭detective

Calor bulk lpg gas up to 68c p/l incl vat. It was under 64c p/l until 1/3/12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement