Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedroom plants

Options
  • 07-01-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for a bedroom plant? Apparently they can improve air quality and help you sleep?

Any truth to that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Is this the wrong forum for this question? Could ye direct me elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Don't plants consume oxygen at night and emit CO2 (but do the opposite during the day)? Doesn't sound like a good idea in a bedroom to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Deedsie wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a bedroom plant? Apparently they can improve air quality and help you sleep?

Any truth to that?

I have a Peace Lily in my bedroom, it's easy to keep and looks nice. I don't know if it helps you sleep and there is some debate on whether it improves air quality but I find it provides some serenity to the room.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Aloe vera is a great plant for the bedroom because it actually releases oxygen and absorbs carbon dioxide at night.
    It also has the added benefit of being great for burns and dry skin - just break off a bit and use the sap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

So either a peace lily or an aloe Vera plant. Thanks for the advice gardeners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

+1 for the aloe vera plus its very forgiving if you forget to water it;) I also have a mother in law's tongue in mine.

Advertisement