Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor replaced

Options
  • 07-01-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Hi, not sure if this is the right place but when building one of my pc's I bought another hanns g monitor. It started acting up and sent it off for repair, got it back today and is competely dead now so took a month just to make the monitor worse :(.
    I called them up and they told me they would give me a replacement from another one that was brought in and repaired. My one was perfect not a scratch on it so if the one I get on tuesday would there be anything I could do if the condition is not the same as the one I have now or am I just outa luck? Will be really annoying if get one with dead/stuck pixels or a scratch on the screen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

I'm not sure if im reading what you said right, but by law if you send an item in for repair and it comes back in a worse state then it went in at you are entitled to the following.

An exact replacement for the monitor, which has to be new. If the model is no longer in production then you are entitled to a replacement/eqivilent model which has to be agreed by yourself. You are also entitled to a full refund, including any postage fees you maye have incured sending the item for repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I'm not sure if im reading what you said right, but by law if you send an item in for repair and it comes back in a worse state then it went in at you are entitled to the following.

An exact replacement for the monitor, which has to be new. If the model is no longer in production then you are entitled to a replacement/eqivilent model which has to be agreed by yourself. You are also entitled to a full refund, including any postage fees you maye have incured sending the item for repair.

Oh, didnt know has too be new, would have called them monday and said I wanted a new one though but somehow the monitor start working now? Think maybe was moisture in transport? Maybe shorting it?

Advertisement