If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floorstander

Options
  • 07-01-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi Im in the market for a pair at the moment. What would you have for around the 300 mark.

Also do floorstanders integrate well with bookshelf surrounds and center, I have mordaunt short premiere 302 surround and 304 centre.

I guess what im saying is would the floorstanders drown out the centre channel in terms of tone as the floorstanders would have a lot more bassy sound to them.

I understand if you cant answer the 2nd question if you have never heard my speakers!

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

oJayTo wrote: »
    Hi Im in the market for a pair at the moment. What would you have for around the 300 mark.

Also do floorstanders integrate well with bookshelf surrounds and center, I have mordaunt short premiere 302 surround and 304 centre.

I guess what im saying is would the floorstanders drown out the centre channel in terms of tone as the floorstanders would have a lot more bassy sound to them.

I understand if you cant answer the 2nd question if you have never heard my speakers!

Thanks

Ojay,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately we fell way behind on our Boards posts last week and we are just finishing (relatively) catching up - and yours is one of the oldest outstanding posts - so please accept my apologies.

I would have no problem adding a pair of Floor-standers into your system - especially if you don't have or cannot have a Subwoofer (an active sub really is a good addition though to get the best out of your system).

If you have a budget of approx £300 you can either add in a good apir of floorstanders such as the Wharfedale CR30.4 which we have discounted to just £149.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/floorstanders/wharfedale/cr30.4/whar-cr30.4-blk at this price you could also add a subwoofer such as the Cambridge Audio S90 sub at £149.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/subwoofers/cambridge-audio/s90/camb-s90-blk - this really would give you the best of both worlds!

Keep me posted if we can assist or if any of the stuff above is of interest to you?

Apologies again for the delay as well..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 43 oJayTo

Ojay,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately we fell way behind on our Boards posts last week and we are just finishing (relatively) catching up - and yours is one of the oldest outstanding posts - so please accept my apologies.

I would have no problem adding a pair of Floor-standers into your system - especially if you don't have or cannot have a Subwoofer (an active sub really is a good addition though to get the best out of your system).

If you have a budget of approx £300 you can either add in a good apir of floorstanders such as the Wharfedale CR30.4 which we have discounted to just £149.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/floorstanders/wharfedale/cr30.4/whar-cr30.4-blk at this price you could also add a subwoofer such as the Cambridge Audio S90 sub at £149.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/subwoofers/cambridge-audio/s90/camb-s90-blk - this really would give you the best of both worlds!

Keep me posted if we can assist or if any of the stuff above is of interest to you?

Apologies again for the delay as well..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi thanks for getting back to me but im after picking up floorstanders just today off a fella on adverts so wont be needing them off ye anymore.

I have a nice sub so no need for that but I might be interested in a centre speaker now. If you know the mordaunt short 304 centre speaker, id be looking for a big enough upgrade from that. Is the aviano 5 any good?

Thanks

Hi thanks for getting back to me but im after picking up floorstanders just today off a fella on adverts so wont be needing them off ye anymore.

I have a nice sub so no need for that but I might be interested in a centre speaker now. If you know the mordaunt short 304 centre speaker, id be looking for a big enough upgrade from that. Is the aviano 5 any good?

Thanks

Ojay,

thanks for the post and congrats on the new floorstanders - I hope thay are great - I keep on recommending Adverts as a great place to buy & sell 2nd hand kit - generally I think the quality of the kit & the pricing is really fair.

Anyway yep the Mordaunt Short centres are excellent and you may be in luck as I'm clearing out both our Aviano and Mezzo Centres at the moment - I have a display Aviano 5 that I can do at £129.95 (reduced from £199.95) and I have a few Brand spanking Mezzo 5's that I would clear at £239.95 reduced from £299.95.

Thanks again and keep me posted if I can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 43 oJayTo

Ojay,

thanks for the post and congrats on the new floorstanders - I hope thay are great - I keep on recommending Adverts as a great place to buy & sell 2nd hand kit - generally I think the quality of the kit & the pricing is really fair.

Anyway yep the Mordaunt Short centres are excellent and you may be in luck as I'm clearing out both our Aviano and Mezzo Centres at the moment - I have a display Aviano 5 that I can do at £129.95 (reduced from £199.95) and I have a few Brand spanking Mezzo 5's that I would clear at £239.95 reduced from £299.95.

Thanks again and keep me posted if I can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Ok sounds good is the price you quoted for the aviano 5 in euro or sterling and does it include delivery to cork.

Thanks

Ok sounds good is the price you quoted for the aviano 5 in euro or sterling and does it include delivery to cork.

Thanks

oJay,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

That price on the Aviano 5 is a sterling price and delivery would be just £12.99.

Keep me posted if I can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.