Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late show 7/1/2011

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭amovingstatue

I can't stand that git. Jimmy Carr, I mean. And Pat the Plank was worse.

I must say, I can't stand him either, had to struggle though any episode of QI when he was on and always avoided anything involving him on ch4.

but compared to suffering through the tail end of the lls this evening, this clip is refreshing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I kinda sad to see Brendan O'Connor on those stupid Mace ads, cos he needs the money, when that privileged, talentless, FF pr1ck is on a million euros for doing an AWFUL job of the LLS... I mean Brendan presented his first live TV Show only about a year ago, and love him or hate him, his show is 1000 times more interesting with "lesser" guests...

Get Tubridy out.. put in O'Connor, Doyle or Moncreiff.. any of them would be significantly better..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

The LLS should be dumped. Permanently

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

It's the R word, no one goes out on Fridays any more ;)

Yeah but still, people have loads of channels now. Arguably the quality of some of the shows last year were the worst in the history of the programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I kinda sad to see Brendan O'Connor on those stupid Mace ads, cos he needs the money, when that privileged, talentless, FF pr1ck is on a million euros for doing an AWFUL job of the LLS... I mean Brendan presented his first live TV Show only about a year ago, and love him or hate him, his show is 1000 times more interesting with "lesser" guests...

Get Tubridy out.. put in O'Connor, Doyle or Moncreiff.. any of them would be significantly better..

I actually thought Tub would be OK before he started, because PK was that bad at the human interest stuff, before Tubs political affiliations became obvious, and despite a lot of people here saying he'd be sh1te. (They were right, of course).

I really don't think the half head would do a better job though. I feel they'd wallow in the same mediocrity, with the same dollop of political pandering thrown in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

johnn wrote: »

look at keith duffy dancing. hes as light footed as John Hayes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Yeah but still, people have loads of channels now. Arguably the quality of some of the shows last year were the worst in the history of the programme.

Agreed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

What?

*uses the remove your thanks link within milliseconds*

I was confused about this as well.. It's certainly not quality related... Some of the shows last year were really awful..

All I can think of is..
    a) There are more people in the country than ever, because of the increase in population, immigration etc etc.. (as opposed to say Gay Byrne's days)
    b) like was said above, people now dont go out on Friday nights any more.. I used to go out every Friday night about two years ago, now I stay in EVERY Friday night.. I'm sure other people are similar..
    c) People who used to work on Friday nights, but are now not working..

Possibly people who used to be able to afford Sky but had to cancel and now only have the terrestrial channels.. ???

fuk it, I'm still baffled.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I saw Neil live last year and I have to say he was brilliant. Very funny gig and went home with sore sides from laughing.

Not a good night tonight for him. Him begging for a plug at the end was particularly bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I thought Julian Lloyd Webber was excellent tonight.

The cello is a beautiful instrument when it's played well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I was confused about this as well.. It's certainly not quality related... Some of the shows last year were really awful..

All I can think of is..
    a) There are more people in the country than ever, because of the increase in population, immigration etc etc.. (as opposed to say Gay Byrne's days)
    b) like was said above, people now dont go out on Friday nights any more.. I used to go out every Friday night about two years ago, now I stay in EVERY Friday night.. I'm sure other people are similar..
    c) People who used to work on Friday nights, but are now not working..

Possibly people who used to be able to afford Sky but had to cancel and now only have the terrestrial channels.. ???

fuk it, I'm still baffled.. :confused:

I have met a lot of Irish people on my travels and never once have I met anyone who ever supplied TV ratings data.
    So who are these people?
    Anyone ever met one?

mikom wrote: »
    I have met a lot of Irish people on my travels and never once have I met anyone who ever supplied TV ratings data.
    So who are these people?
    Anyone ever met one?

I also doubt there is anyone in their right mind (100% serious) who would cancel Sky and be left with just the terrestrial channels because of the recession. It would be like the <0.0001% range, or it just wouldn't happen.

Oh yeah, like they're really going to cancel 500+ channels and be left with four.... Besides, they would still have the free satellite channels that don't need a subscription, including BBC, Channel 4, Film4 and tons of others.

I wonder has JonathonAnon been hitting the can tonight...

So who are these people?
    Anyone ever met one?

Probably some guy in RTE just makes a stab at it...

SkidMark wrote: »
    The cello is a beautiful instrument when it's played well.

At this stage, a Cello should be playing the theme music for the fkn show..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DLB

So who are these people?
    Anyone ever met one?

ME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

DLB wrote: »
    ME

Ryan is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DLB

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Ryan is that you?

Doobe doobe doo da da da dee da

Lalalalal la lalalaleela

Baabaaa baa baa baa

DLBJFK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

Brush is in RTE's 'when we're stuck we'll give you a ring' category. A safe guest who will fill 10 mins.

They have the same attitude to Marty Whelan as a presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hey Poly, I heard that too.. Really is unbelievable that he gets a gig anywhere... Saw this on youtube a while ago, from Self Aid (everybody remember that?)..

Self Aid was meant to "help" the people of Ireland... I think it's analogous to Gazza showing up to "help" with some chicken, a few cans and a fishing rod...
    i always use that clip to make guitarists laugh!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

They have the same attitude to Marty Whelan as a presenter.

Ah good old Marty Wheelchair.

Wheeled out whenever a guest pulls out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Just watching a bit of the replay now.

DLB REALLY has to work on his fake laugh. :rolleyes:

And here's a random clip of Rambo, how topical. how 2011.

Rambo clips, seriously like, this is just plain weird. He admits he was barely in them. Why like??? its basically insulting the rest of his career!!!:mad:

Dennehy's face says it all I think....."WTF" :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Bloke from ebay clone charity site "I'm sure everyone in the audience has something they would like to donate?"

Audience: "sound of tumbleweed blowing"

Not a chance pal, These people are sitting through 2 1/2 hours of this rubbish to bag some freebies, not to give their Christmas presents away.

telekon wrote: »
    Dennehy's face says it all I think....."WTF" :confused:

Proper presenters only use clips when the star is on promoting a NEW movie that has just been released... Using ten year old clips as he does frequently (most famously receiving the "that was ten years ago, I've done other movies since" reaction from Juliette Binnoche) is just lazy and inappropriate...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Beezkneez! wrote: »
    Only decent guests were John B Keanes son and Brian Dennehy - sound chaps. Rest were boring. Delamare in particular - useless and should never be let near a stage nevermind allowed on tv. Tubs doesnt help either - stupid questions.

After watching the re-run, I'd say that Brian Dennehy was the only decent guest. As for Billie Keane - Meh.

Advertisement