Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magic eye issues

• 07-01-2011 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I have a Sky HD box connected to two other tvs via a coaxial cable, (rf2 power on).
    I have a magic eye on each tv, with both of there lights on, but yet none of them allow me to change the sky box. any suggestions as to why this would be happening, or what i can do to sort it out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

What are you using to split the signal to the 2no Tv's

• Registered Users Posts: 28 endamurtagh

I have a bypass amplifier, that i bought so that the eyes would work.
    the system used to work previously, but the house has been renovated and the sky box has been updated from a standard box to a HD box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Check all connections and make sure they are good and tight.

I know you say you have RF2 power on, but check again.

After that i don't know without more info. What kind of by pass splitter are you using

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Check all connections and make sure they are good and tight.

I know you say you have RF2 power on, but check again.

After that i don't know without more info. What kind of by pass splitter are you using

have you checked to see if the RF Outlet power supply is set to ON?

to access the menu for this you need to press
    Select - 0, 0, 1
    Then scroll across to RF Outlets
    you can see if it`s set to off or on.

As this is a new SKY HD box and it worked previously on your old standard box, i`d assume this is what`s wrong.....

I am using a SLX 4 bypass amplifier.
    After furter investigation and experimenting i think i have it sorted.
    there was a secondary aerial been fed into the input of the splitter along with the sky box signal, when that is removed, both all eyes work perfectly.
    Just have to figure out how im gonna connect that aerial to all the other tvs. just wish i knew all this when the electrican and plasterer were on site.
    Cheers for the input, il let you know how i get on.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Aerial1--> (aerial diplexer) --> Digibox aerial input --> RF2 to SLX4
    Aerial2
    ^

Thanks for that,it looks like my only option, just have to run a cable from attic back to main room. Just two bedrooms in the way and about 10meters of cable needed.

now im annoyed, secondary areiel now been supplied into the back of the sky box, and only a single line feeding into the bypass amp. but still no joy.
    have gone through each connnection and there all good. RF2 outlet is turned on.
    the light at each eye is switched on, but still no joy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Widescreen

now im annoyed, secondary areiel now been supplied into the back of the sky box, and only a single line feeding into the bypass amp. but still no joy.
    have gone through each connnection and there all good. RF2 outlet is turned on.
    the light at each eye is switched on, but still no joy.

I assume the cable into your amp is coming out of the RF2 socket on back of the HD box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭pegasuspub

hi,i have had trouble in the past with some of the slx amps,i had a call to one that stopped working or was intermittent after about a year,it was a two outlet slx amp and i found if i disconnected one eye then the other one worked fine,it didnt matter which i disconnected it seemed to work ok with one,i fitted a triax 2 way amp and no more problems,
    is it possible to try the amp with one eye connected,
    also i would try each eye in turn connected to rf2 on the back of the sky box directly,using the remote aimed at the eye behind the main tv will confirm that the sky box is ok and the eyes are ok,this will rule out some variables and at least you will have somewhere to start from,
    if you have the main on when performing this test its easy to confirm whats working,
    i hope this helps.

Advertisement