Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please on CPU heatsink mounting

Options
  • 07-01-2011 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Im trying to mount the stock cooler of AMD phenom 2 on an MSI 87OU-G55 and it seems like the side brackets are too short. If i clip one on, the other side with the tightner yolk(yes, set to release) just wont fit over the other side. I tried applying some pressure but no luck at all.

Wtf will i do?

EDIT: By the looks of it, even if i did manage to put the second bracket over the clip, there is no chance in hell that i could lock it in... it just seems too short. Or am i supposed to really force it in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 visco

Nevermind, managed to get it in.... still need to secure it with the lock.. just need to get enough confidence that nothing will brake :D

Advertisement