Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy IV PSP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Have to admit, it is pretty easy on the eye

2132435745_view.jpg.jpg

Thats one tall sprite....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Hoping for the Western Release so I can give 4 a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I completely ignored this when it was announced, assuming it was just another cash-in. Those screenshots are lovely though...I could see myself picking this up. Apparently having three different versions of FFIV isn't enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i wont go near it caused' of that artwork, THAT artwork is not FF!!!O_O the full scale characters design for ff4 ds was a good one tho, Rydis looks so awesome lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

seraphimvc wrote: »
    i wont go near it caused' of that artwork, THAT artwork is not FF!!!

really? I'm curios to why you think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

I kinda see what hes talking about. The illustrations look like something from a flash game or one of those freebie online jrpg games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Square Enix could have farmed it out to a cheap Korean developer (which they've done before.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Square Enix could have farmed it out to a cheap Korean developer (which they've done before.

Of course they did...while they try clean up the mess that is FFXIV!

the artwork looks like some pirated version made by some china company but strangely it seems to be polished well :pac: the tone of the colour is so soft that reminded me of winnie the pool....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I dunno guys, it doesn't look like a rush job to me, especially when you check out the comparison Siliconera have up. Plus surely some of the original development team are involved if there's a new story linking FFIV and The After Years?

Besides, S-E outsourcing isn't automatically bad, FFIII DS and FFIV DS were handled by Matrix Software and I'm sure we can all agree they are fantastic remakes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah but Matrix aren't a bunch of talentless koreans, they're mostly ex-Climax employees who are great! :)

However I don't see anything bad about the artwork. I think it's very close to amano's original artwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Those poor Koreans, what did they do to deserve such a rep?

Are they from the Bad Korea?

They are making a social networking game of Shenmue. They all deserve to die. That and their art design is universally terrible.

Yeah but Matrix aren't a bunch of talentless koreans, they're mostly ex-Climax employees who are great! :)

However I don't see anything bad about the artwork. I think it's very close to amano's original artwork.

Blasphemy!!!!Amano's awesomeness is beyond godlike!
    ffiv-amano-rydia2.jpg

643563-amano_paladin___dark_knight_cecil_super.jpg

The video review has been posted up on ign and sounds promising. Im still a little torn between playing the original snes version (as it was meant to be played) or this ultimate updated version.

One of the most positive bits of information i got from the review was that the game is a difficult game to complete which i imagine means they didnt dumb the game down to the level of the newest generation of games (demon souls not included).

Looking forward to giving it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Anyone know where the cheapest place for this is? It's thirty dollars on US PSN.

Bought it today.

35e in Gamestop, only got it there because I had 20e voucher.

Although, in HMV the price was a confusing 43e.

Will give it a go later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Got it yesterday.

The sprites are beautiful and the sound is excellent.

Im assuming the original FFIV wont be released on the PSN for a while to keep sales for the PSP version up >_>

• Advertisement

carbonkid wrote: »
    Im assuming the original FFIV wont be released on the PSN for a while to keep sales for the PSP version up >_>

Not that you'd want it when it's the PS1 version.

I heard the loading time issue is fixed since they are running off a hdd.

carbonkid wrote: »
    I heard the loading time issue is fixed since they are running off a hdd.

I don't believe I noticed any improvement in the loading time on FF7 or MGS when I played them on my PSP so I would be wary of assuming that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

noodler wrote: »
    I don't believe I noticed any improvement in the loading time on FF7 or MGS when I played them on my PSP so I would be wary of assuming that.

This. When they say emulation they really mean it.

In the PS1 games the loading screens are added to disguise the loading and to stop people staring at a black screen. It's programmed in to last a certain amount of time so faster loading isn't going to do anything.

In the PS1 games the loading screens are added to disguise the loading and to stop people staring at a black screen. It's programmed in to last a certain amount of time so faster loading isn't going to do anything.

LOL...whats it called when they do that, the dummy-bar or something close to that.

Well it's not all PS1 games but most of them. Also faster loading can cause havok and instability in games that use streaming. It really messes up the voice work in Silent hill for instance so I'd saySony removed the faster loading like the PS2 did for better compatibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Well I checked the FFV PS1 download game on my PSP (Thankfully it was from my E.U. account.) and the loading times are minimal. They're barely noticable. I'm tempted to get the FFIV PSP game but I already have it for the DS and I don't know if it's worth the money for the sequels. I have the first part of the after years on virtual console already.

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Well I checked the FFV PS1 download game on my PSP (Thankfully it was from my E.U. account.) and the loading times are minimal. They're barely noticable.

Cool, hope it is the same for FF6.

The rereleased FF4 has the best loading time I have ever seen in a FF (albeit installed) but that was totally remade so..

• Advertisement
Advertisement