Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why all the zombies?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

It seems these everywhere you look, freelance filmmakers make nothing but zombie flicks in this country. Not only are they making them, but most of them are bad, because what else can you expect when the genre has been done to death time and time again. So why? Why the insistence guys? I'd love to go to a local film festival this year and actually see some stuff that involves proper script writing like developing characters and expanding stories, not what weapon are we gonna use on the next braindead moron. Anybody else feeling this way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

It's just the 'flavour of the month' at the moment. it will pass

Every year, there is some genre that dominates the film industry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

GodlessM wrote: »
    Anybody else feeling this way?
    It's because of Boy Eats Girl being so bad that everyone thinks they can do better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Cause it's cheap, fun and an excuse to walk around like an r-tard. Plus everyone has their own take on how to survive a zom-pocalypse.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

I have a Zombie script i wrote about 2 years ago, its probably the best Zombie film ever! :D

Its called "The Leaving" and it involves a meteor strike and four 17 year old Leaving Cert students! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Script or GTFO :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Tallon wrote: »
    Script or GTFO :p

Lol, after posting that i just re-read it and its pretty shocking!

Dialogue is amazing tho! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I think the zombie film is something every young filmmaker should get out of their system.

There's a zombie wrestling short being shot in Dublin soon. May be an interesting twist on an old theme.

Advertisement