Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bjj cork

• 07-01-2011 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Hi looking for a BJJ club based in cork thats pay per class not what the boxing clinic has looking to get better ať my ground work for judo

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

get down to Liam Beechinor at Pedro Bessa BJJ on MacCurtain Street. Don't know the payment methods but anything you pay will be worth it. Well, not anything. If he asks for your soul or something that might be excessive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

nogi is on mon at 6pm but if you've a gi then those beginners classes are at the same time on tue and thurs. call in and check it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Same place as what Barry said ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

yep, its in the fighting fit gym

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

depending on where you are living you could also try sean scoil in little island. seanscoil.com run by kieran o brien who is a purple belt and they also have a black belt in german ventura. pay as you go also so theres another viable option for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

Liam is a great guy and runs a very well respected club down there so u should check them out

http://www.bjjcork.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

try them both, kieran is a great guy, very patient. make up your own mind. either way ull be in a good club

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Barry SeanScoil

www.seanscoil.com

We offer BJJ, Thai and MMA and we are always looking for new people and any1 can come along and try a class for FREE.

Also we are moving to a new building in 1 week and there will be Thai and Grappling, both on 6 days a Week.

Thanks Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

www.seanscoil.com

We offer BJJ, Thai and MMA and we are always looking for new people and any1 can come along and try a class for FREE.

Also we are moving to a new building in 1 week and there will be Thai and Grappling, both on 6 days a Week.

Thanks Barry

I dont mean to hijack this thread but is that BJJ Blackbelt teaching here permanently? Its a pretty big deal having a BJJ blackbelt teaching, you should advertise it more!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭dasmoose

Haha small world, your man german is originally from gran canaria and opened a jits school there, 'm going to gran canaria in about a month, definitely going to train some jits over there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

Your welcome to come along anytime you wish to BJJCORK to train. There's a good Team here , who train & compete regularly, who can help with your newaza

Thanks
    Liam

Thanks guys for the suggestions.
    (now to put my lid back on, my JAR OF SOULS);)

I dont mean to hijack this thread but is that BJJ Blackbelt teaching here permanently? Its a pretty big deal having a BJJ blackbelt teaching, you should advertise it more!

German is a Black Belt under Ricardo De La Riva and a personal friend of our BJJ coach Kieran O Brien.
    At the moment we are moving our gym to a bigger premises and adding loads of classes to our timetable and German will be teaching BJJ on Friday evenings.
    He is an excellent teacher and ran his own gym in Gran Canaria before moving to Ireland.

www.seanscoil.com

Cheers for all the Info lads.. i'll check them clubs out..

Whats your timetable like for the BJJ Cork Club, and where are you based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

Monday - 6pm session and 7:30 session NOGI
    Tuesday - 6pm session and 7:30 session GI
    Thursday - 6pm session and 7:30 session GI
    Friday - Open mat 5pm - 6:30
    Sat - 12 session NOGI

Fighting Fit Gym /Cork Thai
    Thomson House, Mac Curtain street.
    You can also send me a PM or email if your looking for additional information.

Ok 6 is a bad time for me as I work till 6 anyplace that start at 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Cork24 wrote: »
    Ok 6 is a bad time for me as I work till 6 anyplace that start at 7
    BJJ at the boxing clinic starts at 7 on tuesdays and thursdays, nogi 8:15 also on tuesdays and thursdays

Boxing Clinic is a grand place but, the membership thing is a balls. i like a pay per class, as i would only be able to make one night a week and at that i would have to jump from week to week, from Judo and BJJ

BJJ at Seanscoil starts at 7.00 Mondays and we are starting a Friday class in 2 weeks at 8.00pm.
    People come to "roll" most mornings too and this is open to any1!

Friday is the job, let me know when you are up on running Fridays.

• Advertisement

It'll probably be Friday the 21st of January, 8.00pm and the class will be taught by German Venture BJJ Black Belt. PM me your e-mail and i'll make sure i let ya know whats happening.

Barry just wondering did you get the pm with my email address the last time

Advertisement