Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carphone warehouse lifeline insurance - Sign up?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Does anyone know if it is possible buy insurance for a phone that you purchased instore online, phone or via email. (With direct debit)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Ya I think you can , far as I know you have about 14 days to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

RVN10 wrote: »
    Ya I think you can , far as I know you have about 14 days to do so

14 days is correct, but they will only insure products bought via CPW either be it online or instore

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

Davy wrote: »
    14 days is correct, but they will only insure products bought via CPW either be it online or instore

In some cases, they will extend the 14 day limit. I insured my phone exactly 1 month after purchase.

Does anyone know what the point of this limit is? Everything else can be insured at any time, what's the problem with phones? If it's to avoid dodgy pre-broken claims, why not have the sales agent verify that the phone is working?

Advertisement