Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New timetable Bitch and Gloat!

Options
  • 07-01-2011 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Whats everyones new timetable like?

I've two one hour days which Im delighted with :D but a full day friday :mad:.

I've heard allot of others have gotten bad Fridays as well :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

7 hours on Thursday and finished at 6 on Fridays.. :(

On the other hand, I only have one hour on Wednesdays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

I have four 9 o'clock starts and four 6 o'clock finishes:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

anyone else notice that easter week is the week before reading week? pretty sweet for us 4th years studying for exams assuming the lecturers have all due dates for projects during week 12

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

Not bad at all monday is a very busy day, tuesday and wednesday are light and friday ain't too bad and off thursday. Not looking forward to academic writing for another semester. Last semester 2 of our group dropped out leaving just two of to do the work. >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

Well I have 7 hours on friday. Start at 9am and finish at 6pm... On the other hand I only have 1 hour on Wednesday, but it is in the morning at 10am...

Add that to 9am lectures on monday and tuesday... not a great semester timetable I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Only two 9am starts, two 6pm finishes, 4pm finish Friday, only a two hour lab wednesday from 3-5. Mondays and Fridays are pretty full days.

Overall well happy with this timetable! much better than last semester!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Only 16 hours a week :D:D:D:D:D

Until teaching practice in week six......

But hey, starting at 3pm on mondays is pretty sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Best part about my timetable is I'll have a free thursday after week 7.

Worst part is I have three days starting at 9 and finishing at 6.Finish at 6 on a friday so I'll miss my only bus home :mad:
    Do they not realise people have buses to get on fridays :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

four 9.00 start only one 6.00 finish. :rolleyes:

2 hours on Wed. :D

Very heavy on the Labs, 8 hrs Mon and Tues my head will be wrecked with Lab reports. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

2 9s 2 10s and a twelve but the monday and fridays are heavy..overall i wont complain but last semester was far better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

9 hours, for a 3rd year Psych n' Soc :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

CiaranMT wrote: »
    9 hours, for a 3rd year Psych n' Soc :pac:

.........wow.........

I did the wrong course for a lazy mo'fo'!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

So frustrated once again SAA has completely ****ed up....one of my modules missing....gunna have to head into them week one and try and fix it.Will have no personalised ttable for the whole semester, will not be on lecturers mailing lists, will have to rejig all tutorials for every module to fit this one in etc etc. Happened last semester too, despite me calling in 6 times!!!....losing registration sheets, loosing sticky pad memos etc.
    Ended up not being registered for my exam. Would never have known but for my exam not appearing on the exam timetable.Had to sign forms before my exam....totally unnessary...all they need is a tiny bit of cop on. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭clancy wiggum

are the labs up as well? or will they be added at a later date? I thought that this semester I was going to have 5 modules (got a email from saa saying that ul were coming in line with the european credit system, so there would be an additional module, but my timetable is only showing 4 modules!) any ideas whats going on here!?
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Labs are listed but don't begin until week 3.

TheTownie wrote: »
    Labs are listed but don't begin until week 3.

Does that include academic writing labs? I got my timetable yesterday but it said that tutorial will be starting in week 1. Maybe its a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

mulner92 wrote: »
    Does that include academic writing labs? I got my timetable yesterday but it said that tutorial will be starting in week 1. Maybe its a mistake.

Presumably you mean Academic Literacies? (AW4002?) They didnt begin until week 3 last semester.

Yeah i do mean that. Only reason i was wondering was because the other tutorials i have started later, i suppose it'll become clearer near the new semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    .........wow.........

I did the wrong course for a lazy mo'fo'!

Aye. Gotta get the lead out this year though. I've probably read the bones of 50 pages in my last 2.5 years :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nash19

My timetables have defo been getting worse since first year and this is the worst to date. Almost nothing on Tuesday but have early starts on both Thursday and Friday. I've been talking to a few people and there seems to be alotta heavy fridays going around I can't see the student population or many of the lectures being overly delighted with this state of affairs but c'est la vie I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Not a single start before 11am, so I'm pretty happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

What date is rag week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

9-6 Monday to Thursday... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

For all you Science and Engineering students;

worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

For Arts and Business Students :p

Dole-Queue.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

You can pretty much apply the above across the board unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Catch15

cson wrote: »
    For all you Science and Engineering students;

worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

That's class!

Only 13 hours, but an FYP day too which happens to be Friday, so...

3 day weekends!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Lads were all ****ed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Mine is good as long as I can change around tutorials. If I can I have one 9am start, 11 on thursday and all the rest 10am and finish at 12 on a Friday but this will be 6pm if I cant change my tutorials which means I dont get home until 11pm. 16 hrs a week in total though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement