Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antique / special editions / generally beautiful books

Options
  • 07-01-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭

We need a drooling thread! :D Please share links/photos/anything to do with special edition books and such!

Firstly, many people here will be aware that 2011 is the 400th anniversary of the publication of the King James Bible. Greatsite.com have produced facsimile editions of the original King James. The deluxe editions are a full 17 inches by 12 inches, and weigh nearly 14 kilograms! They look absolutely class, and I am extremely jealous of anyone with the €270 required to buy the normal deluxe one.

A relatively new publisher, Visual Editions , has brought out two bizarre enough books. One is an old classic, The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman, and can be gotten for about €15 on Amazon.co.uk. I'm tempted - it's really quirky, but not outrageously expensive either!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Mylesie

We need a drooling thread! :D Please share links/photos/anything to do with special edition books and such!

Firstly, many people here will be aware that 2011 is the 400th anniversary of the publication of the King James Bible. Greatsite.com have produced facsimile editions of the original King James. The deluxe editions are a full 17 inches by 12 inches, and weigh nearly 14 kilograms! They look absolutely class, and I am extremely jealous of anyone with the €270 required to buy the normal deluxe one.

A relatively new publisher, Visual Editions , has brought out two bizarre enough books. One is an old classic, The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman, and can be gotten for about €15 on Amazon.co.uk. I'm tempted - it's really quirky, but not outrageously expensive either!
    I've had an old book for ages "Wilde's Loch Corrib" complete with a map, someone tells me its worth between 85 and 100 euro - are they pulling my leg?

Advertisement