Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The carphone warehouse-returning a modem

Options
  • 07-01-2011 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

I bought a modem last week and i specifically told the guy over the counter that i was getting this to test coverage in my area. Turns out that 02 do not cover my area-there is no signal at all. Can i get a refund?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

If the sales representative agreed that you were just getting it to test the coverage in your area, and understood that you did not want it if there was no coverage then yes you can. Its your word against theirs. But there is nothing wrong with it is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

enquired about this before christmas and was told by a store and customer care thatit could be returned withing 7 days if no coverage and there would be no penalties. Unless this has changed since. It would have been early December. Give their customer care a ring 1909

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

From their website:

If you change your mind regarding your purchased handset or MBB you can return it in store within 7 days of purchase for a credit note provided:

You have a valid proof of purchase (the IMEI of the mobile phone must match that from the original order)
    The product is in its original, sell-able condition – packaging complete and unopened, all security seals still intact.

Equiptment Faults
    If your handset or mobile broadband develops a fault within 28 days of purchase, we will arrange a replacement provided.

The sales consultant can reproduce the fault in store.
    There are no signs of Physical/Customer/Liquid damage to the handset.
    You have a valid proof of purchase (the IMEI of the mobile phone must match that from the original order)
    You have all original packaging and in box contents i.e. charger, manual, memory card etc.*

*If you do not have the original packaging at time of return the complete packaging and in box contents of the replacement product will be retained by us.
    Outside these terms handsets/mobile broadband must go for repair.

iPhone
    If your iPhone develops a fault within 7 days of purchase on O2 or 3 and 28 days on Vodafone then return to store for exchange.

Outside these terms the iPhone must go for repair.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/content/Carphone-Warehouse-Returns-Content/475

Advertisement