Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official IRC

Options
  • 07-01-2011 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any irc channels where we could get advice or just chat about and share our experiences with blackout rugby.

If there are none for Ireland specifically would anyone be interested in joining one?

Cheers

To anyone who doesn't know what the irc is, it's a very useful, simple to use method of chat used quite a bit for people playing online games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Effluo wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any irc channels where we could get advice or just chat about and share our experiences with blackout rugby.

If there are none for Ireland specifically would anyone be interested in joining one?

Cheers

To anyone who doesn't know what the irc is, it's a very useful, simple to use method of chat used quite a bit for people playing online games.

theres a chat function on the offsite if thats what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

It's not what I mean + I can't find the chat function on the forum :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

the chat function on the forum is only there sometimes like for big national matches. It was up for the U20 semi against england other day.

Well this is what I mean by the irc

http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23BlackoutIreland&server=irc.rizon.no

Just choose a username

Edit: Give me a shout if it doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

never used one of them before - is it just like msn chat/google talk but anyone can join yeah?

• Advertisement

That's it alright.

It's handier though as you just use your web browser rather than a specific software.

When browsing players or making decisions on tactics or that, I just think it might benefit all of us(and especially new players) if there was a place where a couple of people might be online and we could discuss those on the spot decisions.

It's just a thought, Maybe everyone could join it and just leave it open in a tab and see what happens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Effluo wrote: »
    That's it alright.

It's handier though as you just use your web browser rather than a specific software.

When browsing players or making decisions on tactics or that, I just think it might benefit all of us(and especially new players) if there was a place where a couple of people might be online and we could discuss those on the spot decisions.

It's just a thought, Maybe everyone could join it and just leave it open in a tab and see what happens :)

It could well be fun on match days if nothing else.

Advertisement