Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacDonagh Junction Price Increase

Options
  • 07-01-2011 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Anyone else notice that MacDonagh Junction have increased the price of parking again to 1.50 p/h and free parking now is after 7pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I rarely pay for parking anywhere. Its simple just follow out someone once your quick enough. The barrier won't come down because of the sensors. Theres a recession on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Yes, I have. You'd never think there was a recession on. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

What a rip off. It's not even city centre for fecks sake! At least any of the others in town you have more options of places to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭nhg

Only one way to get the cost of parking down.... stop parking there until it does go down.... it would'nt take long for the increase to be reversed if everyone parked elsewhere and did their shopping elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

They should be paying people to shop in there. Especially in the lovely Dunnes Stores with its wonderful, courteous staff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Got caught with this today. I'll be thinking twice the next time i'm heading out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mightymurt

Also, you could park there for 15 minutes and come back out and exit for free. I was there last monday, parked for 7 minutes and had to pay €1.50.
    You can park in the market yard for up to 20 minutes without paying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Of course the cost of parking will go up, where in our Marble #city can you park for free, Lidl's of course and now if we had Tesco, why do I go to Clonmel, Dunnes Store, free parking, Lidl's free parking Tesco free parking M&S free parking, Supervalu free parking, Eddie Rockets free parking, Aldi free parking, speaks for itself rip off Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Of course the cost of parking will go up, where in our Marble #city can you park for free, Lidl's of course and now if we had Tesco, why do I go to Clonmel, Dunnes Store, free parking, Lidl's free parking Tesco free parking M&S free parking, Supervalu free parking, Eddie Rockets free parking, Aldi free parking, speaks for itself rip off Kilkenny

free parking in kilkenny city
    super valu, loughboy Free
    lidl, loughboy Free
    dunnes, in town Free after 6
    dunnes, mac donagh junction Free after 6
    lidl, johnswell road Free
    euro spar, new park shopping centre Free
    aldi, hebron road Free (when it opens)
    aldi, loughboy Free (when it opens)

why would ya want to travel to clonmel/carlow/waterford just for free parking think of the money ya'd save on petrol by shopping local

yes you have a point but from ninemilehouse it is as quick and easier to go to Clonmel, plus of course the choice, we look for more than Lidl and Aldi though they are both excellent shops, Dunnes each to his or her own I guess, Eurospar depends, say no to parking price rises, its recession not grab what you can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Firetrap wrote: »
    They should be paying people to shop in there. Especially in the lovely Dunnes Stores with its wonderful, courteous staff

dont get me started on that one mate :P

Went in there this evening at 5.47pm. Grand I thought (naively) in me little head, it's free after 6pm, sure it's almost 6 by then, they'll hardly charge me for a FULL hour for parking for 13 whole minutes. Will they? Lol, no danger there.
    Come back at 6.30pm to vaildate ticket. A whole 1.50euro please for 13 minutes!! Would give the centre of dublin a run for it's money anyday as regards rip off pricing! Never again. Needless to say I went up to complain and was told bluntly that had I arrived at 1 minute to 6pm it would still be 1.50e. I won't be back!

mightymurt wrote: »
    Also, you could park there for 15 minutes and come back out and exit for free. I was there last monday, parked for 7 minutes and had to pay €1.50.
    You can park in the market yard for up to 20 minutes without paying!!

Yea, it's mental, same thing happened me there this evening as per my post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

If you drive out of any of the car parks on the tail of another car the barrier won't come down and you won't have to pay. Works every time. :D

the idea of tail gating is mixed one yes it is easy but camera's could get you in court, we are in the high tech age now as well as the high rip off in kilkenny, this shop local thing, tried it in callan worked out cheaper to go clonmel who wants out of date bread or even a short dated loaf, our local store has no qualms about it, out of date jelly would you belief, i even check the washing powder now, it is no joke i agree mcdonough is a rip off though must confess would like to see the new h & m store but might wait until after 7pm, what a shame we can't get some more stores where woodies is an estayte goin to waste, all that free parking. now we have the two aldi and lidl stores great and even if i sort of choke saying it dunnes in clonmel have some super food bargains, remember it is a nice ride to clonmel enjoy the mountains, it is a time to reflect when will we be demonstrating in kilkenny about the present band of td's who appeaR NO BETTER THAN THE LAST LOT, happy shopping regards foxy

God my head hurts.....
    As regards Clonmel it's way too far away though i'm sure it's grand for a change.

do not say i told you but there seems to be parking across the road in what was the old bus garage now greenfields diy, they might cotton on eventually and it is on ly a short walk, it's not what you know but who yer know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

do not say i told you but there seems to be parking across the road in what was the old bus garage now greenfields diy, they might cotton on eventually and it is on ly a short walk, it's not what you know but who yer know
    You wouldn't be a fianna fail member? (nod, nod, wink, wink, secret handshake etc...)

Ever played golf with Sean Fitzpatrick?

funny you mention it but there is a handshake between honourable gents not the slime balls we have had in power and have now voted in a new breed who suffer from confusion, but we will keep our eyes open for more free parking
    vote for fran grincell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Fran is entering politics?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mousehouse

I agree it is such a shame Mac Donagh is ripping people off with the price of car parking. Clonmel is not that far 35-40 minutes up the road and FREE parking at a huge Tesco up there, FREE Parking at the showgrounds. I travel to clonmel every week to Tesco.

dear catbear, it would seem you are on first name terms with the gentleman, i on the other hand only have knowledge through an associate, however i am told he is a fair person and would not put up with any xxxt, it is not what you know but who you know goodluck and goodnight thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭nhg

Digging up an old thread

Just wondering if the car park at the front of McDonagh Junction (opposite St John's Church) is free after 6.00pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I've never paid for that carpark. EVER.

They just leave a strongly worded letter under your wiper blade. A mate of mine collects them.

fabbydabby wrote: »
    I've never paid for that carpark. EVER.

They just leave a strongly worded letter under your wiper blade. A mate of mine collects them.

Do they not clamp up there? Signs every where saying that I thought...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

mfitzy wrote: »
    Do they not clamp up there? Signs every where saying that I thought...

Paper never refused ink (don't blame me if you get clamped though, it's entirely fabby's fault ;D).

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement