Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

redman85 wrote: »
    This worries me (taken from the developers twitter)

Some one wrote "Maybe a new "Pro" perk for Ghost Pro should disable the Killcam for all enemies killed? Ppl lemm know your thoughts? "

and the developers reply "Explain further. So anyone you kill doesn't see a killcam (and give away your location), when using this? Seems good for snipers."

ColbertScreaming.gif?a=8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

.. and that's fair enough. I rather not be dependent on the same repetitive stuff and would love to see people outside their comfort zone. I get more joy and find it more fun doing well with a Mac, PM63 or FAL then a Famas or 74u, where's it basically on cruise control.

I'm clearly in the minority when it comes to this debate and I accept that.

I agree with ya, I've started using the other LMG's on MW2 for the lulz and have been getting quite good scores with them, I was always a RPD/w grip or AUGw/silencer user but the other ones are pretty decent as well when you get the hang of them.

hi my names krudler and I'm a F2000 user :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

.. and that's fair enough. I rather not be dependent on the same repetitive stuff and would love to see people outside their comfort zone. I get more joy and find it more fun doing well with a Mac, PM63 or FAL then a Famas or 74u, where's it basically on cruise control.

I'm clearly in the minority when it comes to this debate and I accept that.

I can do what i do with the spectre (i've a few spectre vids) , whilst people say the 74u is way better i dont see the difference . The same way while the famas and ak47 are very different guns , for me i dont see one as being way better than another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Headshot wrote: »
    pretty easy

If you die from air support you have a window of a few seconds to destroy the air support with a strella or somthing along those lines

If people actually took down the air support we wouldnt be having this discussion

Coz its always that easy when there is a hind or chopper gunner in your spawn raping everything...

I always have a ghost class to switch 2 to take out air support.. undetected strella.. bang bang.. problem solved!

Ghost isnt the problem.. its the fact its being abused by the community coz its in a ****y tier!!
    As Headshot said.

Stopping power was the one thing that forced players into making a conscious decision between that and cold blooded/ghost. Without it. Well as can be seen in BOPS, it dominates tier 1 as you said so much so that it's a detriment to the game. A game that's already slow, and making it slower.

BLOPS is for the most part, *overly slow.

Blops is a slooow game compared to MW2, I've never played COD4 so cant judge.. and ghost abuse does make it far worse!

Perhaps if ghost stopped you showing up against choppers etc but still had you on the radar it would be a more fair and less abused perk...

Or sniper only class...

But I maintain.. ghost is not the problem.. its the perks that it is piled in with!!

If I'm playing a match and we are being spammed with spy planes then sometimes I change to ghost class.. not only to avoid being seen, but to take out UAV's in peace.. nothing wrong with that!

You cant get rid of ghost.. you just have to encourage people not to use it! There should be one tier with all the ridiculously overpowered perks in it!! Its the only fair way to do it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hypermuse wrote: »
    Coz its always that easy when there is a hind or chopper gunner in your spawn raping everything...

I always have a ghost class to switch 2 to take out air support.. undetected strella.. bang bang.. problem solved!

Ghost isnt the problem.. its the fact its being abused by the community coz its in a ****y tier!!
    Then have better spawning, very easy to have a game without a perk like ghost

I regularly shoot down choppers etc without using ghost

• Advertisement

Shammy wrote: »
    I can do what i do with the spectre (i've a few spectre vids) , whilst people say the 74u is way better i dont see the difference . The same way while the famas and ak47 are very different guns , for me i dont see one as being way better than another.

If that's case though, wouldn't you agree that the competitive scene wouldn't be littered with Famas users only? I love the AK47, the look, the sound and I'm old skool like that but Famas like the AK74u is far an improvement on AK47 and Spectre overall. The latter being the 2nd best SMG imo.

Shammy, I'm not questioning your ability in the slightest here. We've played a fair bit together namely on MW2, I can tell no matter whatever the gun you were using you're more than decent and you're an objective player on top of that. I'm just repeating myself here really. But I still stand my point in that it's a cop out and I will never for the life me see using the 74u or Famas as fun. Easy, not fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Shammy wrote: »

I've gameplays of going 70-5 with a FAL, doesn't mean its as good as the Famas tho. The AK is a good gun in its own right.. but the famas is just far better in almost every department, its a rushers dream ! The Iron sights are also far better on the famas imo. The AUG is ****e aswel, hate it.

Theres a reason why the 74u is your most used and favorite gun shammy.

Also, the only way they'll solve the ghost "problem" is by putting it back in with stopping power or SOH... or both ? Really don't know what i'd choose between SOH and SP tbh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Magill wrote: »

Theres a reason why the 74u is your most used and favorite gun shammy.

Yes i get it at level 17 ;)

Then have better spawning, very easy to have a game without a perk like ghost

I regularly shoot down choppers etc without using ghost

This spawning agrument is the biggest load of crap aswel, seriously. Please explain how exactly they should do the spawning system in a game like CoD. Its really not as simple as people think.

And yes you can shoot down a chopper without ghost... but in games like demo on open maps like jungle/nuketown... unless you're ready waiting for it then no... most of the time you'll get raped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Sigh, I for one am not doing that. It's both the community and the game developers fault. Your giving the community far too much credit just like the few here who blame the community for all MW2's fault (but yet funny enough they blame Treyarch in the main for a lot of their issues, but that's another topic).

Just to touch on this, I said:
    You can't lay blame solely on the guns/perks/equipment for the way the community uses them. It's down to the game not being balanced for lack of playtesting and not penalising cheap play.
    I should have been clearer with my statement that I felt both the community and developer contributed to the current state of the both Black Ops and MW2 games. However only the developers (or hackers) have the power to radically change the game as they see fit, the majority of the blame (and acclaim) lies with them.

Treyarch have constantly updated BOps but have constantly made errors. Only last night I had two deaths from enemy claymores when I placed a jammer down within range of them. It's not a major fault (at the time I was livid) but to me it signifies that Treyarch don't know what they're almost pushing buttons at random. There have been other things wrong like the video of the invincible guy who can't pick up a gun, choppers going out of the map, losing killstreaks during host migrations.

IW never really backed up MW2 post release bar early updates and a token security update so their efforts (or lack of) can be either looked at as a failure for not continuing with improving the game or that things were so bad that it was impossible to update the game from the fallout following the breakdown in relations with Activision.

Either way I'm loathe to say that either did well in my eyes, they both have failed at updating and improving their games post release. Neither of them have performed to a level I'd call satisfying. The community resorting to cheap tactics is merely a reflection of the game developers failings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

I kinda like this idea and ill tell ya why

I believe ghost should be only used for snipping and in majority of cod games snipers arent cared about and I think this will increase the hard scopers

Of course they have to make sure there isnt any chance of QS

Disagree with you about this idea. Most of the time when I'm killed by snipers they are looking down their scope and its very hard to know exactly where they are. disabling the killcam would only encourage them to sit behind doors with their secondary weapon waiting for someone to walk by...then repeat the process everytime he comes back.

This spawning agrument is the biggest load of crap aswel, seriously. Please explain how exactly they should do the spawning system in a game like CoD. Its really not as simple as people think.

And yes you can shoot down a chopper without ghost... but in games like demo on open maps like jungle/nuketown... unless you're ready waiting for it then no... most of the time you'll get raped.

Have a timing mechanism and going back to my original point, have a window of opportunity to shoot down air support without showing up on their radar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

My first time using Rapid Fire on the 74u went 124-70 odd :/

redman85 wrote: »
    This worries me (taken from the developers twitter)

Some one wrote "Maybe a new "Pro" perk for Ghost Pro should disable the Killcam for all enemies killed? Ppl lemm know your thoughts? "

and the developers reply "Explain further. So anyone you kill doesn't see a killcam (and give away your location), when using this? Seems good for snipers."

:eek::eek: no no no no no!!
    I kinda like this idea and ill tell ya why

I believe ghost should be only used for snipping and in majority of cod games snipers arent cared about and I think this will increase the hard scopers

Of course they have to make sure there isnt any chance of QS

I cant see how anybody would think this addition would be a good thing..

but it would make things alot more interesting, as you suggested HS if ghost had no killcam but ghost would have to be (and this is the important bit) a sniper ONLY perk!! (with no bull$hit QS obviously)

on another note.. Why does this thread really have nothing to do with MW3?? its just a bitching thread!

should be renamed MW3 as it should be.. but definitely not the way it will be.... :D:D

Have a timing mechanism and going back to my original point, have a window of opportunity to shoot down air support without showing up on their radar.

A timing mechanism ? You mean like in CTF ? That simply would not work, it jsut slows the game down too much and doesn't really help. There already is a window of opportunity to shoot down airsupport... the problem is that its likely that you'll spawn around others that aren't so keen on taking down the airsupport who'll already be showing up on radar and you'll just get raped by the slash damage.

The solution to ghost is stopping power.. end of story really.

on another note.. Why does this thread really have nothing to do with MW3?? its just a bitching thread!

should be renamed MW3 as it should be.. but definitely not the way it will be.... :D:D

Shhh...

We're helping boost Headshot to 30,000 posts.

yimrsg wrote: »
    Shhh...

If there is 1 thing I couldnt hate more its boosting :D:D:D

:eek::eek: no no no no no!!

I cant see how anybody would think this addition would be a good thing..

but it would make things alot more interesting, as you suggested HS if ghost had no killcam but ghost would have to be (and this is the important bit) a sniper ONLY perk!! (with no bull$hit QS obviously)

We're discussing the flaws of previous COD games and those that we don't want to see in MW3 :)

Me and HS discussed this ages ago and I agree, ghost should only be used by snipers or those taking down air support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

yimrsg wrote: »
    Shhh...

and ultimately reach Level 15

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4RkkPF7sfEzwBIg3EJt5qpD0nmKTbS2rhtAeUcA1QKYsophDRwQ&t=1

status. ;)

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Noob tubes editing and then some security updates (which have been implemented to MW2)

I would love to see some sniping which is more phusics based, like taking bullet drop into account, and have the only weapon that doesnt have bullet drop be a bolt action so you can spam a M21.

I would love to see the M16 return and I love the new Masada, it looks beautiful

the MW2 M16, not the Blops one though.

• Advertisement

I agree but the model has to be better, the barrel length has to be longer, it was M4 length in MW2

I'd prefer it shorter so i can see more around me ! Nothing worse than a big ass gun model taking up the whole damn place !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I've a lot of thoughts, suggestions etc. but I'm beyond lazy so I won't bother putting a comprehensive list up here.

However, one thing that came to mind is that, having heard the ghost arguments, I think it should still be included but, like MW2, be in a perk tier that makes it a tough choice.

Ghost, Sleight of Hand, etc. would probably be the best as, IMO, SOH is probably the most common used perk in the game. Dual-mag could counteract but it would be more workable than the current situation.

Duelmags and flame throwers wont be in MW3, im saying that because IW dont take ideas from Treyarch, they make their own.

So no theatre mode ???????

Besides, am i the only one that loves slight of hand because of the faster aim down sight ? :D Even if im using dualmags, i'll have slight of hand on also.

why not abandon SOH altogether and just make the reload speed on guns a bit quicker? its painfully slow on some guns, LMGs especially (I know thats meant to be accurate but c'mon, its COD, realism goes out the window) or have it so if you're moving its quicker to reload but standing still is slower, may not work that way though. Its not very realistic to have a guy casually reloading a gun in the middle of a firefight.

or how about a Gears style reload system with a bar showing how long it takes to reload, then hit a specific point with the reload button again to speed it up? would make it a bit more skillful

Best MW2 trailer by far, if they make an MW3 trailer like this i will actually cry

i have no sound on my work pc, is that the Eminem track trailer? I hadnt read up much on MW2 before it came out until I saw that and thought it looked stunning. I still say its one of the best looking games on console at the moment, the beginning of The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday.. when you come out of the ocean on the bottom of the oilrig is jawdropping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

It's nearly 10 seconds for a RPD reload in Mw2. I definitely think if they do put SOH and Ghost back in Mw3 they'll have to have them in the same class, or at least put a rival like Flak Jacket or SPP in a class with each of them.

So no theatre mode ???????

Besides, am i the only one that loves slight of hand because of the faster aim down sight ? :D Even if im using dualmags, i'll have slight of hand on also.

yeah faster ADS is my main reason for SOH Pro, but I reload after every kill unless theres multiple enemies so I have SOH on all but one of my classes (marathon/lightweight/steady aim for SPAS goodness)

krudler wrote: »
    why not abandon SOH altogether and just make the reload speed on guns a bit quicker? its painfully slow on some guns, LMGs especially (I know thats meant to be accurate but c'mon, its COD, realism goes out the window) or have it so if you're moving its quicker to reload but standing still is slower, may not work that way though. Its not very realistic to have a guy casually reloading a gun in the middle of a firefight.

or how about a Gears style reload system with a bar showing how long it takes to reload, then hit a specific point with the reload button again to speed it up? would make it a bit more skillful

I use SOH primarly for the pro version tbh, faster reload is awesome aswel ofc.

And lol ghost... bit premature to be choosing your go to guns ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I think taking Ghost out or making it for snipers would take some strategy out of the game, yeah it's abused by campers but whenever a spy plane goes up and there's a dot or two missing it forces you to think of your rear and flank in case someone sneaks up on you.

Then again most Cod players have no concept of guarding a flank etc anyway as I frequently exploit them facing towrds the battle oblivious.

• Advertisement

I think taking it out would make the game much more balanced or making Ninja in the same tier perk as it so you have to decide between no UAV or no footstep sounds and Heartbeat tracker

I must remind you IW have a great sound lab, so you will be able to hear foot steps this time :P

I thought ravensoft were developing the MP ?

I think taking it out would make the game much more balanced or making Ninja in the same tier perk as it so you have to decide between no UAV or no footstep sounds and Heartbeat tracker

I must remind you IW have a great sound lab
    , so you will be able to hear foot steps this time :P

God yes, I plan on putting on my Sennheisers and just going banana sandwich with all available guns to hear how they sound :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

krudler wrote: »
    God yes, I plan on putting on my Sennheisers and just going banana sandwich with all available guns to hear how they sound :D

Add an Astro Mix Amp to that .............. BOOOOOOOOOOOM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

No motion sensors/heartbeat sensors
    camera spikes
    claymores

Theres no need for any of them.....they're basically just telling you...here sit in a room and we'll tell you when someone is coming. Maybe only snipers could have a claymore.

Leave ghost in the game if you like but everyone should show up on the uav. EVERYONE. Ghost can leave you undetectable by aircraft so you can shoot stuff down. Noobtubes the same as in black ops.

No motion sensors/heartbeat sensors
    camera spikes
    claymores

Theres no need for any of them.....they're basically just telling you...here sit in a room and we'll tell you when someone is coming. Maybe only snipers could have a claymore.

Leave ghost in the game if you like but everyone should show up on the uav. EVERYONE. Ghost can leave you undetectable by aircraft so you can shoot stuff down. Noobtubes the same as in black ops

thats a great idea, ghost/cold blooded only stops air support seeing you, no more gowlbags sitting in corners with claymores in front of them ADSing at a door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

They also need to get rid of any mention of kd & win/loss stats.

Call of duty is packed with spastics that are obcessed with their stats on a video game. I wouldn't mind if they were kids but they're actually grown men :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

@Lee, i dont mind ghost if it was for the fact that its so easy to abuse, make it for snipers only and problem solved
    or just get rid off both.Camping fag is camping fag:D

Call of duty is packed with spastics that are obcessed with their stats on a video game. I wouldn't mind if they were kids but they're actually grown men :confused:

I couldnt care less about mine, its not reflective of how good a player you are at all, or if they wanna keep it at least include a "air support destroyed" one or something for people who bother their arse to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

thats the stupidest thing i ever heard anyone request for, if anything they need more win/loss stats etc like WAW where you could view your score for each individual match you played i.e your score for FFA and TDM.

What in god's name is wrong with the W/L ratio :confused: Bizarre. I have no quarrels about people being focused on this stat and wanting to improve, thus encouraging people to WIN instead of those who play for their K/D entirely at present.

At the very least they need to remove the K/D ratio for all objective games ie: every game type other than TDM and FFA. I've been spamming fourzerotwo every now and again mentioning this point :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Softair

fourzerotwo latest reply to a follower on twitter -

''
    @MrDubbot Grenade launchers are a valuable tool in modern arsenals. There is no doubt they need rebalancing from MW2, but not removal. #MW3''

looks like boopers are still in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

If they reduce it to 1 and keep a DC type of perk I'm happy. Also if they keep a FJ type perk aswell they won't make too much of a difference.

They're handy for clearing a room of a persistant camper. It's the OMA DC cross map spamming that plagued Mw2 that should NEVER be repeated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Leeg17 wrote: »
    If they reduce it to 1 and keep a DC type of perk I'm happy. Also if they keep a FJ type perk aswell they won't make too much of a difference.

They're handy for clearing a room of a persistant camper. It's the OMA DC cross map spamming that plagued Mw2 that should NEVER be repeated.

Never again <hangs head in rememberence>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Theres absolute no need for sniper rifles when maps arent even that big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

But..but..how would people quickscope pwn the noobs? Did you consider the noobs for one second?:pac:

Softair wrote: »
    fourzerotwo latest reply to a follower on twitter -

''
    @MrDubbot Grenade launchers are a valuable tool in modern arsenals. There is no doubt they need rebalancing from MW2, but not removal. #MW3''

looks like boopers are still in the game.

Idiots they should be totally removed

"Theres absolute no need for sniper rifles when maps arent even that big."

Nope

Yes the maps arent BF standard but they are still well capable of sniping, look at the jungle map for example

The devs since mw2 have made a balls of sniping and none have come up with any ideas to alter snipping so you wont get destroyed all the time

My ideas would be dont let the enemy see the killcam or give them a better 2nd weapon etc etc

So very very true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

The IGN lads have done their own analysis, not a whole lot different from 141_Oscar_Mike's posted a page or two ago but they have spotted the Freedom Tower in the NY skyline, not due for completion till 2014 so there's a time frame anyway.

And of course it'll be one of the main sources of controversy with MW3, thankfully it'll primarily only affect the US so we won't have the Joe Duffy debacle we had in 09 with MW2!

Not really, look at CSS the maps are very urban and full of corridors and people still use snipers.

So removing them just closes the customization options you have plus maps that are big will be boring as hell, imagine CoD4 Creek with no snipers or bog.

Only a handfull of maps are sniper friendly - note SNIPER friendly, quickscopers are not snipers.

The rest of the time the sniper class are not used as intended, its the same as MLC being set up with tac knife... again the class, perksor attachements not being used as intended and the same with Tube / OMA/ danger close... not being used as intended.

Any class IMO thats not being used by the community in large as intended should be scrapped.... If you cant play with the toys given to you properly you wont be given them again.

The onl classes that are used correctly by and large and as intended are the LMG class, AR classes , SMG classes (except when in tandem with tac knife pistol secondary) and riot shield classes.

They should limit OMA, Scavenger, Tubes, Commando, and use of Mrathon / lightweight in tandem. Perhaps keep the sniper class but severly limit it to force people to use it as intended. Remove SOH and limit the movement speed greatly.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Only a handfull of maps are sniper friendly - note SNIPER friendly, quickscopers are not snipers.

The rest of the time the sniper class are not used as intended, its the same as MLC being set up with tac knife... again the class, perksor attachements not being used as intended and the same with Tube / OMA/ danger close... not being used as intended.

Any class IMO thats not being used by the community in large as intended should be scrapped.... If you cant play with the toys given to you properly you wont be given them again.

The onl classes that are used correctly by and large and as intended are the LMG class, AR classes , SMG classes (except when in tandem with tac knife pistol secondary) and riot shield classes.

They should limit OMA, Scavenger, Tubes, Commando, and use of Mrathon / lightweight in tandem. Perhaps keep the sniper class but severly limit it to force people to use it as intended. Remove SOH and limit the movement speed greatly.

You have no idea what the developers "INTENTIONS" were when creating the sniper class... anyway lets not start this debate for hte 10000th time. You don't like sniping in CoD for whatever reason.. alot of people do... it aint going anywhere... deal with it :)

hightower1 wrote: »

Wow so instead of trying to incorporate a particular type of gun into a game as the "developer intended" we should remove it? The community deems what way they'll play with the toys not the developer. If the developer messed up implementing it in the first place then it's at fault.

It's a complete cop-out to say that if a class isn't used as the developers intended and to blame the community, the developers released it they take the blame first and foremost.

• Advertisement
Advertisement