Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Am I the only one who calls 'hardscoping' sniping since thats what IT IS?

Lol, post of the day. :D

Also see afore mentioned explination as to why quickscopers cant call sniping SNIPING - THEY like to call themselves snipers cause it sounds cool as opposed to what they actually are.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

IF rapid fire and grenade launcher (the latter obviously will be in the game) are attachments in MW3, it should mean you not being able to select a perk 1.

Grenade launcher in COD4 removed the use of a perk 1. Worked well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

IF rapid fire and grenade launcher (the latter obviously will be in the game) are attachments in MW3, it should mean you not being able to select a perk 1.

Grenade launcher in COD4 removed the use of a perk 1. Worked well.

I wouldnt have as much of a problem with noobtubes if you had no way of replenishing them, Treyarch got that right with Scavenger not replenishing tubes, either remove the first perk so SOH cant be used to fire them in rapid succession of put a timer on the beginning of a match like in Blops before you can fire a tube (10 mins or so ought to do it :pac: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

The reveal trailer showed the American soldiers with noobtubes on their M4A1s. So it seems they'll definitely be in the campaign. So I can only assume they'll make an appearance in the multiplayer.

I understand quickscoping to be a useful skill. In that: the Intervention with Stopping Power is a one-shot kill from the waist up, I think it is. So the faster you can shoot, and since it only takes one bullet, you can kill and reset yourself quickly.

BUT.

A lot of people only seem to have gotten good at it so they can do 360s and no-scopes and such for montages which annoys me. Still. Hate quickscoping. I'd like to think that most of these people who quickscope couldn't handle an SMG or any even firefight, but that's probably not the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

krudler wrote: »
    I wouldnt have as much of a problem with noobtubes if you had no way of replenishing them, Treyarch got that right with Scavenger not replenishing tubes, either remove the first perk so SOH cant be used to fire them in rapid succession of put a timer on the beginning of a match like in Blops before you can fire a tube (10 mins or so ought to do it :pac: )

Switched on Karachi on MW2 last night for a game of Dom.... Noobtubed from the far side of the map...

Ejected disc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Bit of info on mw3 from here

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/30/call-of-duty-elite/

Which says
    Hours ahead of the agreed-upon embargo for the news, the Wall Street Journal is the first to report on Call of Duty Elite, the long-reported "digital platform" in development at Activision's new Beachhead studio. Designed to complement this fall's Modern Warfare 3, Elite will be a paid service though "portions of the service will be free" including a Facebook-inspired Groups feature.

Other features of the service include the Bungie.net-like ability to display stats to analyze player performance, "gauging factors such as which weapons have been most successful for them in killing enemies." If you're worried that you'll suddenly have to pay for online multiplayer in Call of Duty titles, don't be. The Journal reports that "players will still be able to compete against each other online without subscribing to the service."

Activision hasn't yet pinned down a price point, though it does expect the cost to be less than comparable "online-entertainment services" like the $8/month Netflix. Part of that fee will go towards a "customer-service operation that will be needed to support it." It will also include the year's map packs, which cost $15 each, taking some of the sting out of any annual charge.

Trailer on the link as well

WSJ reported on the Elite feature. Says Activion "expect" this to be price pointed below 8USD per month.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304563104576355310423496054.html

If its just ****e like theater I wont bother, dont care about "subs" or views, imo youtubes interactions with COD just leads a maggot acting in games becuse poor self esteem kids want to make montages to boost thier sad egos so they spend game after game trying the most ******y manuvers possible just to SEEM like they are good or something in a montage.

Edit: - ah, dont ya love when your fannying about while writing a post to find by the time you get the stick out its already up! lol.
    Still waiting for solid details on what it'll include before I decide. Wont be buying in immediatly, will wanna see what the actuall game is like before I sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

hightower1 wrote: »
    WSJ reported on the Elite feature. Says Activion "expect" this to be price pointed below 8USD per month.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304563104576355310423496054.html

If its just ****e like theater I wont bother, dont care about "subs" or views, imo youtubes interactions with COD just leads a maggot acting in games becuse poor self esteem kids want to make montages to boost thier sad egos so they spend game after game trying the most ******y manuvers possible just to SEEM like they are good or something in a montage.

Edit: - ah, dont ya love when your fannying about while writing a post to find by the time you get the stick out its already up! lol.
    Still waiting for solid details on what it'll include before I decide. Wont be buying in immediatly, will wanna see what the actuall game is like before I sign.

Harsh... I has good self esteem !! And I don't make montages to "SEEM" good... I make montages because I AM good !!!

EDIT: The reason I, like a lot of people on youtube make montages is because I enjoy editing, like some people enjoy drawing and some people enjoy piecing together a jigsaw. I very rarely act the maggot when playing CoD unless im playing with boardsies, in which case I can do whatever i want as they'll be cleaning up.

Magill wrote: »
    I don't make montages to "SEEM" good... I make montages because I AM good !!!

lol why did I read that with Top guns - Danger Zone playing in my head? :confused::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Not liking this extra additional fee. They already have map packs to earn extra money after initial release. Really think that more and more game developers recently are out to wring out every penny from consumers and use dlc/added charges as another revenue stream. I really hope it fails.

$8 a month with say only 500,000 players taking up the scheme is a huge chunk of money. The likelihood is that it could be 3 or 4 times that number. If that money is used to pay for additional stats like in bungie.net then good luck to them getting money from me.

B:BC2 has a vip code that although negates second hand sales of the game gives players access to all map packs. At least there is trade off in that.

Activision/Blizzard just seem to be inventing ways to take money surreptitiously off consumers who have already paid for a subscription service.
    Homer: One adult and four children.
    Woman: Would you like to buy some Itchy and Scratchy Money?
    Homer: What's that?
    Woman: Well it's money that's made just for the park. It works just like regular money, but it's, er..."fun".
    Bart:
    Do it, Dad.
    Homer: Well, OK, if it's fun...let's see, uh...I'll take $1100 worth. I]he walks in, sees all the signs: "No I&S Money", "We Don't Take Itchy and Scratchy Money", etc.[/I Aw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

yimrsg wrote: »
    Not liking this extra additional fee. They already have map packs to earn extra money after initial release. Really think that more and more game developers recently are out to wring out every penny from consumers and use dlc/added charges as another revenue stream. I really hope it fails.

$8 a month with say only 500,000 players taking up the scheme is a huge chunk of money. The likelihood is that it could be 3 or 4 times that number. If that money is used to pay for additional stats like in bungie.net then good luck to them getting money from me.

B:BC2 has a vip code that although negates second hand sales of the game gives players access to all map packs. At least there is trade off in that.

Activision/Blizzard just seem to be inventing ways to take money surreptitiously off consumers who have already paid for a subscription service.

I agree with what you are saying Yimrag, its a slippery slope.. But, on the plus side, like i said in a different thread, the value for money in the original purchase price of the game cannot be beaten imo.

What would never happen but would be fair is to reduce the price of the game from the getgo, partial compensation if you will. The money it takes them to maintain the service will be more than recovered....

As always though, the market will dictate. If there are enough people signing up for it, it may become more prevalent in future games.

It won't be too bad for the PS3 folks, they'll only be paying once while we'll be paying on the double...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

everlast75 wrote: »
    I agree with what you are saying Yimrag, its a slippery slope.. But, on the plus side, like i said in a different thread, the value for money in the original purchase price of the game cannot be beaten imo.

What would never happen but would be fair is to reduce the price of the game from the getgo, partial compensation if you will. The money it takes them to maintain the service will be more than recovered....

As always though, the market will dictate. If there are enough people signing up for it, it may become more prevalent in future games.

It won't be too bad for the PS3 folks, they'll only be paying once while we'll be paying on the double...

I completely agree with you that if the content is good enough then it'll be worth it, but we've seen that map packs are often overpriced for their content and it's bad enough that you've paid 16 dollars for a map pack that you hate but if you've signed up for more than 2 months of IW/BL subscription then you've paid 50%+ more than you possibly could have done in the old system. The article mentions that non-subscribers and subscribers will be able to play together so maybe there are separate playlists.

Another thing is how long do you have to sign up for? Is it rolling contracr or a minimum number of months, can you pay in ms points or is it credit card based. If so are europeans going to get screwed and assume $1= €1/£1? Do you have to go through all the hassle of removing your CC like xbox live subscription used to have it?

At the moment it's offering extra content (map packs) and a greater breakdown for stats (Floyd is no doubt wet with delight). Unless they moved dedicated servers into the package (which I hope they don't) it seems pricey. The only way I could see myself getting it if it had some of the old maps from cod4/mw2 which I loved.

Tis indeed a slippery slope but it depends really, if its value for money then the gamers win.

Its a given that map packs will be free for the subscription fee so that takes the edge off but if its all faf then I will just get the map packs as I do now.

A lot depends on the content the elite service provides.

If its only stats / theater mode and stuff like that I wouldnt bother but if its additional weapons / attachments then I may buy in.
    Other games manage fine with special weapons like MOH for example gave different special weapons for pre order locations like mp7 / m249.
    They had no decernable advantage over the main guns included and were glorified weapon skins.

That alone wouldnt make me wanna pay per month but if its a lot of little things like that I may consider it. Looking forward to E3 where they will surely flesh out the regular MP and elite MP features.

I don't have a problem with noob tubes in BOPS but it's a benefit to all really. I can imagine them bringing back rapid fire though and if that's the case, I think the cretins who use it should have to sacrifice tier perk 1.

As I said, up until COD4 imploded on itself takes to IW taking no care of it. It was a system that worked well then and for the long run. Imagine it on MW2 for a sec, no scavenger nor no one man army coming into play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

It would need to be more than just stat tracking for me to subscribe anyway. I doubt you would get the map packs free either, more likely you would get access to them earlier than non subscribers. It would be a better business model if they offered the base multiplayer as a download for 25-30 euro then you can decide to sub or not after that.

The only thing that would make it worth it for me is if it was dedicated servers or a really good theatre mode... everything else should be included in the games price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thats fake, at least the killstreaks are/perks are. They won't add 3 features to a perk, it will make it far too hard to balance. And mortar strike at 3 kills :D 2 with hardline :D I really don't think so !

IGN has the low down here.....
    http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1171511p1.html

Looks like its glorified stats tracking.... pffft, nuts to that. I'll keep my cash and just pay for the map packs separately thanks. :rolleyes:

Love Bobby Kotiks quote saying it cost a lot of money to set up / maintain and so its not something they couldnt viably give for free.... LMAO. What a waste of time the Elite service will be if this is ALL it is.

• Advertisement

http://kotaku.com/5805959/the-modern-warfare-3-files-team-perks-no-nukes-new-killstreaks
    The Modern Warfare 3 Files: Team Perks, No Nukes, New Killstreaks

Brian Crecente — It's a fair guess that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will follow in the footsteps of last year's Call of Duty: Black Ops, shattering sales records and bringing even more people to video games.

But it's typically not the single player campaign, detailed here, that draws in those record-breaking numbers. While many, including myself, enjoy the Call of Duty campaigns, it's the multiplayer that has managed to shift the Call of Duty franchise from a video game to something more akin to a sport.

People play pick-up games of Black Ops, Modern Warfare 2, even Modern Warfare, like they play games of baseball, soccer or shoot some hoops. Like it or not, consider it innovative or rehashed gameplay, the Call of Duty franchise has in many ways transcended what it is to be a video game.

So here's your first, unofficial look at what we can expect from the bread and butter, the heart of Modern Warfare 3 when it hits this fall. Do keep in mind that while the details of the game's single player campaign, first reported by Kotaku via inside sources and later seemingly verified with the official release of a trailer and matching levels, are likely mostly locked in stone. What is delivered with multiplayer could easily shift. Multiplayer is often tweaked after the game hits. It also receives a number of downloadable content packs post launch. With the advent of Elite, that's even more likely.

That being said, here's what our inside sources are telling us we can expect from multiplayer.
    The game's multiplayer will be divided into cooperative Special Ops maps and traditional multiplayer maps. There will be no zombie modes in this game, not a surprise since zombies were introduced to the Call of Duty franchise by Treyarch and have, so far, popped up only in the Treyarch-developed games.

Special Ops will include both a survival, horde-like mode and a mission mode, with a total of a dozen maps and missions to choose from between the two.

As we've previously reported, there are 20 maps being worked on for Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer.

It is unclear how many multiplayer and Spec Ops maps and missions will come with the game and how many will be sold at a later date as add-on downloadable content.

Key to the multiplayer experience is the ability for players to level up their characters and unlock perks to modify the effectiveness of their equipment, character and enemy equipment. The multiplayer matches also include killstreaks, which are special one-time rewards that are unlocked after a player kills other players a set number of times without dying.

As could be expected, developers Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games have been working to tweak both killstreaks and perks for Modern Warfare 3.

The biggest new addition to the game that we've heard of so far is the creation of Team Perks. These are perks that a team can work toward to earn. It is unclear whether this will be tied to clans or some other team system, but their inclusion could help push the game into a more team-driven title, something the premium Elite service is likely to tie into.

While we don't know the total number of team perks coming to Modern Warfare 3, we have been told four of them:

Stopping Power: Increased bullet damage.
    Blast Shield: Unclear
    Health Regen: Regenerate health over time.
    Stun Protection: Prevent stunning from flash grenades.

New perks coming to Modern Warfare 3 include:

Blind Eye: This makes you immune to computer-controlled and player-controlled killstreaks. The pro version makes your launchers lock on faster and gives you extra bullet damage to vehicles.
    Assassin: This makes you immune to UAV, thermal, and heartbeat sensors. The pro version also makes you immune to CUAV, EMP and no longer shows your name in red or the crosshair in red when you're targeted.
    Point Guard: Every two assists count as a kill towards your killstreak.
    Dead Silence: You make no noise.
    Recon: Gives you a special kind of radar to spot enemies, most likely. We're not sure on this one.

We're not clear on how many or which previous perks will be coming to the game, but it sounds like the ones that do return will do some from Modern Warfare 2, not Black Ops.

There will also be a bevy of new killstreaks to play with in multiplayer. Here's the rundown on the latest thinking:

EMP Grenade: Temporarily takes out all area electronics.
    Littlebird: A tiny remote-controlled helicopter.
    Precision Airstrike: Calls in an airstrike on a targeted area.
    Stealth bomber: Calls in a B2 Spirit to carpet bomb along a line designated by the player.
    Remote Turret: A remote controlled turret.
    Directional UAV: A UAV that can be directed into areas to scan for enemies.
    Remote Mortar: Direct a mortar team using a zoomable camera view of the map to call in strikes.
    Airdrop Trap: A booby-trapped airdrop.
    Ammo Resupply: An ammo reloading airdrop.
    Escort Airdrop: A protected airdrop.
    Specialist Strike Package: This one remains a mystery to us.

While it's likely that some of the killstreaks will drop out or be added in, we've been told that the team has decided to remove the controversial Tactical Nuke killstreak from the game.

Other tweaks being looked at by the team include making sure things like exploding barrels not counting toward a player's killstreak tally.

We've also learned, unfortunately, that this latest Call of Duty still won't support dedicated servers, instead relying on the hosted servers found in previous iterations of the game. Dedicated servers were removed from the Modern Warfare games starting with Modern Warfare 2. (Modern Warfare 3 appears to be using DemonWare for player authentication, just like with Call of Duty: Black Ops.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Love the sound of 'Point Guard'

Assists can be so f****** annoying

There might be potential to abuse it with Scavenger by spamming stuns/flashes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

No Nukes = :D

Fixed there for ya man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

[QUOTE="@fourzerotwo - Robert Bowling
    "]
    @crecenteb There is no Stopping Power period. We also have no such thing as 'team perks'. All other #MW3 MP details remain undisclosed.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="@fourzerotwo - Robert Bowling
    "]
    Fast-pace, high damage, gun-on-gun gameplay. Put em down quick! Thats what I want in Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer, what do you want in #MW3?
    [/QUOTE]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I've got good news for you, we ARE bringing back the original MP5 from COD4, updated visually of course for #MW3.

MP5 was awesome in COD4 :D

Until anything is announced from Activision/IW themselves then any and all lists of perks,streaks,and anything else shall be taken with gigantic grains of salt.

The assist thing would sound kinda cool as long as its balanced, dont want to be dealing with two man teams of stun grenade chuckers and his mate beside him shooting you, do they both get killstreaks then? that'd be way overpowered, two guys could rack up a ton of air support with a handful of kills.

I really hope IW sits down and figures out "a lot of people who play our games are dicks, how do we prevent stuff from being abused"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

"all of the people who play our games have dicks...."

FYP :p

how could they not bring back stopping power :confused:

another ghost dominated game.

403 said he wanted strict gun on gun action, no counter balance for them, if there is a limited ghost perk or no ghost perk MW3 may even succeed MW1

the majority of pub players will choose it though, if there's no stopping power. Limited how?? if its keeps you off the uav......most people will pick it.
    (In team deathmatch I mean)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Me, Magill and many others have the solution

Ghost for snipers only

Problem solved.
    Yeah but will that happen? I wish, but probably not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Some?Most people I know would rather Second Chance than Ghost.

Some?Most people I know would rather Second Chance than Ghost.

2nd chance won't be in this game. What can they put in it that's going to compete with keeping you off the uav in tdm :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭RebelSniper

I hope (If they bring in back) that you can remove the scope from he Dragunov and use it as a marksman rifle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

If theres no stopping power then Slight of hand is the best perk to put in with ghost... easily. It works as a great counter.. If you come up against someone using ghost unexpectingly the odds are sort of even'd out and its easily the most used perk in black ops so yeah....

• Advertisement

no nukes?

AceVentura.gif?t=1256033836

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Lovin' the red dressing robe Ade :pac:

Nukes would be awesome if there was a catch to getting them, I do miss them, They were fun as a back up in a long game of domination, I remember one of my first games back to MW2 with the guys, we had 3 flags lost, it was 124-189 and then..................... TACTICAL NUKE INCOMING!!!!!!

All my friends where like "Is that an enemies?" they didn't notice I had got a 32 killstreak :P

Thats the problem with the nuke tho, people forget the objective and camp for the killstreaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

we all know it felt good losing towards the end and letting off your nuke but come on it was an awful awful decision to add that to mw2, its the reason boosters were so popular

on afghan i kept searching for 2 boosters and they kept messaging me to FCUK OFF and stuff and went crazy was a good laugh...ill miss the boosters having the oul mickey fit:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

I for one am sad nukes are gone, was a nice merit badge when you got it! I have a feeling the specialist strike package may be similar to the Cruise Missile in MOH, Large area of effect predator!

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    we all know it felt good losing towards the end and letting off your nuke but come on it was an awful awful decision to add that to mw2, its the reason boosters were so popular

on afghan i kept searching for 2 boosters and they kept messaging me to FCUK OFF and stuff and went crazy was a good laugh...ill miss the boosters having the oul mickey fit:pac:

booster hunting was the source of many hilarious games for me and the ps3 lads when we were bored, had some crazy fun matches asking to join in and then turning on them or just chasing them around the maps to the well known spots and wrecking their heads :D

What I would love is if they used the mw2 engine and the GTA4 engine but thats never gonna happen :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

You know what? At this stage, I don't care if MW3 is just like earlier CODs. As long as they don't fcuk it up, it'll be fine by me :D

What I would love is if they used the mw2 engine and the GTA4 engine but thats never gonna happen :(

I'd like a game to focus more on gun kills and objective gameplay (if you cap a flag that should x3 the current points you earn in BOPS and defending can be twice as many), and less so on lethal killstreaks. As well as that, encourage people to venture on out of their little ghost, second chance, famas, ak74u, UMP and M16 comfort zone (heck, make it so that say if I used an uzi per say, I get double points for every kill and assist!) This CLEARLY would be asking too much though from IW, Treyarch and Activision -_-

MW2 engine is fine though.

They should bring back the 3,5,7 from COD4 :D but that will probably not happen again :(
    Or bring back the nuke and put it as a 100 ks lol.

I'd like a game to focus more on gun kills and objective gameplay (if you cap a flag that should x3 the current points you earn in BOPS and defending can be twice as many), and less so on lethal killstreaks. As well as that, encourage people to venture on out of their little ghost, second chance, famas, ak74u, UMP and M16 comfort zone (heck, make it so that say if I used an uzi per say, I get double points for every kill and assist!) This CLEARLY would be asking too much though from IW, Treyarch and Activision -_-

MW2 engine is fine though.

They need to up the points for taking down air support as well, it should be 600+ for a chopper gunner or ac130 if you're going to be exposing yourself out in the open to enemy gunfire and splash damage from the morons on your team who dont use cold blooded when theres a rake of enemy support up.
    More points for capturing Dom flags if they're being contested as well, or capturing the ones that are already held by enemies, whys it the same to take an uncapped flag 2 seconds into the match as it is to cap enemy B on a map like Sub Base where you're out in the open and being bombarded with grenades and tubes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FTWisFTW

Unfortunately its acctually not gonna be about Ghost, its gonna take where you left off in MW2

They should bring back the 3,5,7 from COD4 :D but that will probably not happen again :(
    Or bring back the nuke and put it as a 100 ks lol.

3-5-7 is too easy to get really. 3-5-9, 5-10-15 or something with a slight variation on the 3-5-7 line of killstreaks would be nice to see. Maybe for those wanting to run high end lethal killstreaks, put that in a separate tier on it's own and you're allowed to only select one of those killstreaks.
    It'd be too easy to run chopper, dogs and gunship in 90% of matches.
    They need to up the points for taking down air support as well, it should be 600+ for a chopper gunner or ac130 if you're going to be exposing yourself out in the open to enemy gunfire and splash damage from the morons on your team who dont use cold blooded when theres a rake of enemy support up.
    More points for capturing Dom flags if they're being contested as well, or capturing the ones that are already held by enemies, whys it the same to take an uncapped flag 2 seconds into the match as it is to cap enemy B on a map like Sub Base where you're out in the open and being bombarded with grenades and tubes?

I did mention this before I'm fairly, but yeah I totally agree. I'd make double whatever a kill is in MW3 tbh, maybe a little more for taking down lethal killstreaks. I get the scores I get and shoot down enemy air support everytime but am rewarded a measly 100xp every time or something like that(?). Somewhat a slap in the face I feel at times.

They should just make the points you get from shooting down airsupport add onto your score ingame.

3-5-7 is too easy to get really. 3-5-9, 5-10-15 or something with a slight variation on the 3-5-7 line of killstreaks would be nice to see. Maybe for those wanting to run high end lethal killstreaks, put that in a separate tier on it's own and you're allowed to only select one of those killstreaks.
    It'd be too easy to run chopper, dogs and gunship in 90% of matches.

I did mention this before I'm fairly, but yeah I totally agree. I'd make double whatever a kill is in MW3 tbh, maybe a little more for taking down lethal killstreaks. I get the scores I get and shoot down enemy air support everytime but am rewarded a measly 100xp every time or something like that(?). Somewhat a slap in the face I feel at times.

I think its 300xp for pavelows and harriers and 400xp for choppers (you'd think I'd know that given the amount of the things I've shot down at this stage :pac: ) 100xp for a UAV isnt enough either, they're hard to see on some maps and even though they're a low streak they do help the team a lot so going to the bother of taking them out should be rewarded more. put it this way if someone had a harrier or stealth bomber waiting to be called in, how often do you wait for a uav to go up so you have an idea of where red dots are bunched together? if you take that uav down straight away then you've basically saved a few guys from an airstrike.

More Hardcore modes, Hardcore domination would be cool to try, the long respawns would make it harder to spawn trap with controllable streaks like the chopper gunner. not sure how it would work with the limited uav though but HC HQ has it so I guess it would work with the only icons on screen being the flag positions.

I've long gone on about Hardcore being a campfest on certain maps, I'm only playing it these days and its because people camp its so easy to mop up with a lightweight class, get a uav/counter/predator on your streaks and you can wreck the other team. and not needing Stopping Power is great. theres rarely any higher streaks than a harrier and its all gun on gun action. plus the FAL is an utter beast of a gun on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement