Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

3-5-7 is too easy to get really. 3-5-9, 5-10-15 or something with a slight variation on the 3-5-7 line of killstreaks would be nice to see.

Agreed, especially with stackable killstreaks
    AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    VIP as a game type would be good, where you get less XP the further from the VIP you are, so if you kill someone while close to him you'll get a good bit of XP, and if you get a saviour medal if he is getting hurt you get like a 400XP bonus.

That's actually a really good idea for a gamemode, MW3 definitely needs some new gametypes, getting bored of domination now.
    krudler wrote: »
    Hardcore domination would be cool to try

Whatever you're into :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Whatever you're into :P

regular Friday nights then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I just hope its not as boring as black ops. Everything was faster in mw and mw2. And better hit detection and less lag. Anyone here who has an eircom connection surely knows what I mean

Thomasheen wrote: »
    I just hope its not as boring as black ops. Everything was faster in mw and mw2. And better hit detection and less lag. Anyone here who has an eircom connection surely knows what I mean
    3mb broadband ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Hahaha UPC ftw!

It was on kotaku, I don't know if it's real but apparently there are like 5-10 new game modes

Comedy mode! pies being thrown instead of grenades, everyones shoes squeak like clowns when you run to avoid sound whoring and instead of a knife you get a big mallet that goes "bonk!" every time you batter someone with it. COD needs more lulz :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Magill wrote: »
    If theres no stopping power then Slight of hand is the best perk to put in with ghost... easily. It works as a great counter.. If you come up against someone using ghost unexpectingly the odds are sort of even'd out and its easily the most used perk in black ops so yeah....

People that sit in rooms with ghost and heart beat sensors don't need slight of hand. You only need it if you're moving about the map.

They'll pick Ghost long before sleight of hand. The gob****es are going to make another game that's slow as **** imho. The game has to have stopping power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

People that sit in rooms with ghost and heart beat sensors don't need slight of hand. You only need it if you're moving about the map.

They'll pick Ghost long before sleight of hand. The gob****es are going to make another game that's slow as **** imho. The game has to have stopping power.

I very rarely see people sitting in corners with ghost and heart beat sensors (Obviously ;) ) and the ones that do are usually the really terrible ones that will shoot at your feet before getting turned on. I also don't find black ops slow as **** anyway, i really don't know where people get that from... maybe in FFA (I dont play) or the odd game of TDM but really... i don't see how its any slower than MW2 once you take out all the bull**** noobtubing that goes on in that game. Most games of dom I get at least 40 gun kills when i've got my try hard pants on, just as much action as in MW2.

They've already said they're adding stopping power, but it'll already be built into the gun damage, which is good imo. The only time i curse out ghost is when I run into someone while im radar watching and get caught off guard (As in they'll be rushing around a corner, not camping) which is why i said SoH would be a great counter. I seriously don't think those type of ghost users (The majority) will give up SoH for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I very rarely see people sitting in corners with ghost and heart beat sensors (Obviously ;) ) and the ones that do are usually the really terrible ones that will shoot at your feet before getting turned on. I also don't find black ops slow as **** anyway, i really don't know where people get that from... maybe in FFA (I dont play) or the odd game of TDM but really... i don't see how its any slower than MW2 once you take out all the bull**** noobtubing that goes on in that game. Most games of dom I get at least 40 gun kills when i've got my try hard pants on, just as much action as in MW2.

They've already said they're adding stopping power, but it'll already be built into the gun damage, which is good imo. The only time i curse out ghost is when I run into someone while im radar watching and get caught off guard (As in they'll be rushing around a corner, not camping) which is why i said SoH would be a great counter. I seriously don't think those type of ghost users (The majority) will give up SoH for it.
    that's the thing, for a lot of people explosions=fun. People hate losing. I got bored of BO in less time than I did MW2 admittedly but considering the amount i played MW2 Blops did well to get 11+ days of my life.

Gamers are a particularly low attention span breed and they HAVE to bring in some sort of punishment for the halfwits who leave every game that they are losing in. People being allowed to leave after they die in the first round of search or when they cant whore their killstreaks not playing objectives in Demo, Dom etc. I think that's one of my biggest complaints. Make it so these people can visibly lose points and be embarrassed when they leave.

Also don't be afraid to mess up the overpowered noob guns for a while to stop people using them. If they had messed up the 74u earlier then then the game would have been so much better. Also if there's any iteration of a FAMAS in this game I will cry...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

i dont know people use the famas it moves everywhere.

the option to switch between fully auto and semi with certain guns would be class.

the option to switch between fully auto and semi with certain guns would be class.

yes it would, especially with the M16, actually thats how you combat ghost, anyone who uses it all their guns fire on semi auto :pac:

Not in that way I hope, I mean I love COD as much as the next guy but I dont get a chubby every time I kill someone.

except when I get an ac-130...

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Would be too hard to balance, the reason the famas works in cs (You can switch between burst and auto) is because its not as good as the AK or M4 and its much easier to control your bursts on PC. I don't think i'd trust IW or Treyarch with trying to balance something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

M-M-M-MULTIKILL....and I Jizzed in my pants!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

6pm GMT there's gonna be a gameplay vid at E3 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

anyone else watching E3 tomorrow to see what IW will bring?

Like a hawk man, gametrailers.com have a great live streaming service for all the big ones.. ea, ms, sony, nintendo etc with super quick uploads of trailers as their shown. They really work their balls off this week and follow up week. Would advise anyone head over to the site and check it out tomorrow. :D

There are moments in CoD that make you love it, like your first nuke, when you had a long victorious game or just plain had fun with a new weapon, its something I missed and never got in black ops, I miss things like reaching 10th or having a late night with friends or watching your girlfriend destroy your K/D :D I wish that comes back <3 MW3 will hopefully bring me back from the depths of boredom that BO left me in.

anyone else watching E3 tomorrow to see what IW will bring?

Second all of this. I probly just read a summary of e3. I'd say they'll focus more on the single player than the multiplayer along with the cod "give us more money" elite service

just over 40 mins now, erection at the ready

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

AK74U returns along with AA12

• Advertisement

Good stuff.

P90, AA12, ACR(?) and AK74u return.

I wish I could turn off the comment/twitter feed, people are knobs

I wish I could turn off the comment/twitter feed, people are knobs

There's a full screen option in the gametrailer link I posted.

So far so similar, but by christ its pretty looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

"Game add-ons and Map packs first on xbox" :p

I'll prob wind up buying it on both consoles tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I missed it, was stabbing in gun game :p

It'll no doubt be broken down on YT by 9pm tonight lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I'll prob wind up buying it on both consoles tbh

I will be doing the same :)

Xbox always gets the maps early anyway. Im on ps3 but im not bothered at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So dedicated servers or not ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

WOW, they really have mangled that engine to within an inch of its life! Looks so good!

oh god the 74u is in MW3..... WHY 402 WHY!!!!!!! YOU BLEW IT UP!!!!!!! YOU FOOLS!!!!!!!!!

I liked the 74u in cod4

Shammy wrote: »
    I liked the 74u in cod4

Yeah, a game where you didn't have to be ashamed when using the 74u. It was pretty beast, close enough to the mp5 and probably on par with the p90

I quote again........... YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused: have you used the 74u in cod 4 ? or do you just quote random bul1****

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Yeah, a game where you didn't have to be ashamed when using the 74u. It was pretty beast, close enough to the mp5 and probably on par with the p90

Put a silencer on the p90 and no other smg stood a chance against it.

dont tell me i saw a last stand **** in the mw3 trailer :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Saw a pickup icon for a spas 12 in the live stream just there :)

Also, the Predator seems to be called the Reaper now.

The engine allows enemies to ge downed if they take 95%-99% damage :P

So HS did you enjoy E3?

meh

MS were awful

• Advertisement

The engine allows enemies to ge downed if they take 95%-99% damage :P

Are they allowed to use the guns when downed ?

Shammy wrote: »
    Put a silencer on the p90 and no other smg stood a chance against it.

True dat. But still, it didn't dominate gamers choice in COD4 though unlike Famas, UMP and AK74u. There was a far bigger selection of primary guns I saw used in general from the 2 years of solid play.

edit - it really says a lot when the P90 was so rarely seen or used by many compared to UMP. I was once told I'm a noob for using the P90 in MW2 0_o

Kersmash wrote: »
    Saw a pickup icon for a spas 12 in the live stream just there :)

Please god I hope so. And I hope its the same as in mw2 not black ops ****ty version. The spas 12 in mw2 is my favorite gun in any game ever

True dat. But still, it didn't dominate gamers choice in COD4 though unlike Famas, UMP and AK74u. There was a far bigger selection of primary guns I saw used in general from the 2 years of solid play.

edit - it really says a lot when the P90 was so rarely seen or used by many compared to UMP. I was once told I'm a noob for using the P90 in MW2 0_o

I think we were spoiled for choice with good guns , smg : mp5, 74u , p90 (which was banned at some lan tourneys).
    The a/r's while the m16 was head and shoulders above the rest , the g3 /m4 /g36c/ak47 were all good weapons.

As for the sniper rifles pretty much on par depending on your style with the exception of the dragonov and other semi-automatic)

It would be good if there was a nice balance in mw3

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-call-of/714784

:eek:

ATA4 and AK47 are back, so are acog sights

skip to aout 10:00 mins in, the new york buildings look phenomenal

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-call-of/714784

:eek:

ATA4 and AK47 are back, so are acog sights

skip to aout 10:00 mins in, the new york buildings look phenomenal

AT4 <3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I was honestly more impressed with the new Disney kinect game than MW3.

You do know Russia invaded France..... disney land paris is gone..... Russians just wiped it out.

Mickey and Goofy dug in with some akimbo Rangers and an RPD with heartbeat sensor and held their own for a while though,went down fighting

**** now I want to see what kersmash posted

I had the wrong tab open :P

Kersmash wrote: »
    I had the wrong tab open :P

ya sure, I thought I saw you giving out stink about ade :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement