Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Personally... i'd rather they got rid of single player and focused entirely on MP, give more maps/gamemodes and general MP content. Would be a far better game because the single player will be kak like its always been (With the odd good mission here and there).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Seen this comment on a video on youtube:

Modern Warfare 2 has a new dlc coming this november. Instead of euro they're going to charge 50 now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    ?

Wow they game looks the same, I think it can be said for both Gears of War and Fifa.

Let me ask you all one question

You are all looking forward to multiplayer most right?

So why judge the game on single player only trailers, multiplayer is nearly completely different than the SP, and some of the guns wont be available in Multiplayer that are in SP, Example MW2 Dragunov.
    Ah I know, I just thought it was pretty funny. Tbh I don't care if its graphics are like mw2, cause those graphics destroy black ops in every way

I know dude im not raging at you, all Im saying is, you can have the same engine (which is isnt, its IW5 which is brand new, BO used IW4.5) and graphics because they are good graphics, and dont judge a game before multiplayer release, I hope IW does a 1 hour reveal like BO did in august. that would be awesome!

In SP and Spec Ops of MW2 you could have a Dragunov and an M21 with no scope, and an AA-12 with heartbeat, all im saying is because you see the same old weapons in SP doesnt mean they will be in MP

Only weapons that are ALL WAYS in IW Multiplayer is the M4 AK47 and Barrett 50.cal.

Graphics don't really look that good, after watching the BF3 trailers, MW3 looks very dated in comparsion. Graphics aren't everything tho, and i'd be happy with MW3 if they actually listen to the community... and bring back quick scoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Will there be a public beta?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Yea, 1st July AFAIK.

--You can apply to be a beta tester, should have specified.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Headshot wrote: »
    Will there be a public beta?

Yes, when hell freezes over :P

idk who to believe

Ill believe ade because he'll ban me other wise :D

idk who to believe

Ill believe ade because he'll ban me other wise :D

There'll be a closed beta I think. I remember registering to the MW3 site and signing up to it last week or the week before. I think it was advertised on Twitter too. Or perhaps I'm just dreaming it (might have been UC3 now I think of it) :pac: :o

There'll be a closed beta I think. I remember registering to the MW3 site and signing up to it last week or the week before. I think it was advertised on Twitter too. Or perhaps I'm just dreaming it (might have been UC3 now I think of it) :pac: :o

idk are you telling the truth....

• Advertisement

You'd think they would have a beta tbh. After the fiasco of black ops with all the problems at the start of the game which wasnt seen in the closed beta

They are having a closed beta. I signed up for it aswell. The likes of Grizz and Woody will get to play it, and whoever they choose from the thousands of applicants.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    They are having a closed beta. I signed up for it aswell. The likes of Grizz and Woody will get to play it, and whoever they choose from the thousands of applicants.

link mate ?

Thank ****. Honestly couldn't remember if it was MW3 or UC3 I had signed up for. Was a couple of days ago and all wasn't it!? :o

link lads for the love of god, a link :D

pm it

link lads for the love of god, a link :D

pm it

Think you have to go to their main site man. It it was a limited window to sign up too.. again I think. Lee might remember better.

Oh and sign up to twitter you bellend, good for keeping up to date with gaming and gambling tips, previews, etc.

I think i got it

Did you have to download a beta code generator or somthing ?

And did you have to Complete one of the surveys below to unlock this page.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Battlefield 3 shows how really crap MW3 game is,
    • the graphics
    • sound
    • gameplay
    • technical innovation

What im trying to say is COD is the same crap on an ancient game engine while BF3 is new fresh and miles ahead and better than MW3.
    Its sad that no matter how amazing BF3 is, people on consoles will buy this kinda crap.
    "Start here, go here,cant kill enemy until cut scene ends->blah blah"

Bobby Kotick must me laughing all the way to the bank.

no those survey questions like winning an ipad, not right

• Advertisement

DO NOT DOWNLOAD!

That is fake look at the HTTP Thumbnail, its the fan made 3 made ages ago, plus the pictures are all terrible quality. its a hack.

Modern Warfare 3 .com is a 100% unofficial fan site dedicated to the Modern Warfare series. Call of Duty official site.

The website ModernWarfare3.com is not associated, affiliated, endorsed or sponsored by the creators or publishers of the game (we like them a lot though.)

Copyright Infringement

was thinking that

lucky i gave them a crap email address

Thats my name baby! :D

:)

I presume that email address will be spammed to the skys :(

It was a CoD Elite beta :(

It was a CoD Elite beta :(

argggg

I sighed up to that ages ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Lads Im having some trouble getting into the official forums! :( Can anyone help?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Ah so there not up yet? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Scram wrote: »
    • the graphics
    • sound
    • gameplay
    • technical innovation

What im trying to say is COD is the same crap on an ancient game engine while BF3 is new fresh and miles ahead and better than MW3.
    Its sad that no matter how amazing BF3 is, people on consoles will buy this kinda crap.

I really dont see how ppl can compare games that are not even out yet.. Yea the trailer looks sexier but that doesnt really tell you much tbh.

I agree with your sentiment thou.. I think BF2BC2 is a better game than MW2 or Blops but MW2 and Blops are more fun!!

Really do think BF2 is a better game but the sheer enjoyment/rage that the COD series makes you feel is unparalleled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Scram wrote: »
    • the graphics
    • sound
    • gameplay
    • technical innovation

A BF Vs CoD comment on the CoD forum...
    special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I got BF2BC2 but didn't really like it. That's not saying it's bad just not for me. I'd say MW2 is my favourite but ppl I play with all play Black ops which is fine with me. When MW3 comes out that's all we'll be playing then unless they really really fk it up.
    That said I broke my first controller in months playing Wasteland last weekend.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Magill wrote: »
    Graphics don't really look that good, after watching the BF3 trailers, MW3 looks very dated in comparsion. Graphics aren't everything tho, and i'd be happy with MW3 if they actually listen to the community... and bring back quick scoping.

BF3 trailers are running on a maxed out pc though so its not gonna look like that for everyone unless you have a small fortune under the hood of your pc.

I still think MW2 is one of the best looking games on consoles, the details in the levels and on the guns is brilliant,as well is the animation but its the 60fps movement that makes it, compare Homefront to MW2, came out 2 years later, newer game, should have better graphics but looks like a laggy bag of sh1te in places as it runs at 30fps.

say what ya like about IW but they absolutely nailed how a fps game should look and play on consoles, its the fluidity of movement and control that makes COD so enjoyable to play

If you don't like COD, fine. But don't go spouting off in a COD forum in a thread entirely about MW3 proclaiming BF3 is awesome, MW3 sucks, etc. etc. . If it continues, I'd ask for people to report it. Some people just want to fish for a reaction.

As matter of fact, I'm looking forward to both, big whoopty doo. I'm not going to hate on either until I've played both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm buying both too, gotta get in on this BF action people are raving aboot

I was a bit late for the BFBC2 train but I'll definitely get into BF3. Trailers looks immense!

I hate the way people have to compare BF3/MW3, Pc/Console. Just use the one you prefer and leave it at that :confused:

Good news for the pc community anyway
    Earlier rumours had led us to believe that Infinity Ward would, once again, not be providing dedicated servers for Modern Warfare 3 on PC. But now, in an interview with Gamefront, Infinity Ward’s Robert Bowling has confirmed that the team are “having conversations” about dedicated servers, in addition to other features designed for PC gamers.

“In Modern Warfare 3, I’ve been trying to reach out ot our PC guys,” claimed Bowling. “We had some of the guys come out to the studio a few weeks ago. We have them here. We brought them here so they can see the stuff we’re showing off. We’re putting a lot of focus there, to make sure that our PC community has all the bells and whistles. So, the guys that have the powerhouse machines, that they can crank it up and enjoy the game.”

He then made reference to dedicated servers specifically.
    I can’t confirm anything yet, but right now we’re having conversations about dedicated servers, mod tools and post launch support.

And later in the interview…
    But let’s not lose that dedicated core audience that wants the dedicated server experience. We’re looking at ways to incorporate that into Modern Warfare 3. We’ve been listening a lot to our PC guys who have been very vocal since Modern Warfare 2 about what they want to see come back to our versions of the franchise.
    It sounds like Infinity Ward is, at the very least, providing lip service to the solid Call of Duty PC community. Hopefully they’ll follow up on these issues and provide the tailored experience PC gamers desire.

I loved to know will they finally listen to fans and have the same for the consoles

krudler wrote: »
    BF3 trailers are running on a maxed out pc though so its not gonna look like that for everyone unless you have a small fortune under the hood of your pc.

I still think MW2 is one of the best looking games on consoles, the details in the levels and on the guns is brilliant,as well is the animation but its the 60fps movement that makes it, compare Homefront to MW2, came out 2 years later, newer game, should have better graphics but looks like a laggy bag of sh1te in places as it runs at 30fps.

say what ya like about IW but they absolutely nailed how a fps game should look and play on consoles, its the fluidity of movement and control that makes COD so enjoyable to play

Its really not. But again like you said, they make up for it with the 60fps. Im not really gonna comment on how MW3 looks until we see MP footage, but im expecting it to feel like MW 2.5 and not a entirely new game. Im fine with that tho... as long as its awesome fun ! :D

• Advertisement

cool I think I got into the elite beta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Did you get an E-mail about it?

Did you get an E-mail about it?

actually scratch that its just an invitation even thou I applied for it already

I definitely agree with what someone mentioned before here, the screen should be all bloody, shaking and blurry. You shouldn't be able to snipe with our pistol when you're that close to death, end of.

I have a better solution for second chance.... dont put it in the fuucking game !

• Advertisement

Like In wasteland when your in the radiation field?

Exactly. The ideal way to have Second Chance, is to not have it in the game imo! Let's face it it'll probably be in the game one way or another, make it harder to have a steady aim and field of view would be the "best" I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

No way that is mw2 screens, mw looked far better than that, looks more closer to counter strike graphics. I'd say it's just developer screens when making them before they're finished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

No way are they screen caps. Look more like artist's impressions to me.

Haha head in sand.

Fairly clear from the demo presentation at E3 that MW3's engine was at most, a tweaked MW2 engine. The common words between all that were there and thus those who aren't blind (blind as in those who already consider MW3 to be the greatest COD game ever 0_o, being swept up in the hype (as they were with BOPS!) and it will be beyond perfect fap fap fap) is TWEAKED MW2 ENGINE -_-

So until I see anything showing otherwise, not being said as I'm sure Activision, IW and co. will push this as a brand new engine(genuine lol).. at most I'll refer to to it as IW engine 2.5.

The pics look like artist impressions to me too, maybe Activision endorsed them to fool the gullible.

On a sidenote, hoping there are more night maps in multiplayer and a return of night vision goggles. Miss that about COD4 too.

IRL timing or even weather(latter certainly won't happen) would be pretty nice to see implemented, kinda like the weather system in the Tiger Woods games which syncs weather for the day from the Weather Channel in accordance to where in the world you are playing. Won't happen in MW3 but in future games I'd like to see it.

Just been looking at that interview with robert bowling.
    What are some examples of the loved and less-loved stuff you'll be removing/implementing in multiplayer?

[–]fourzerotwo 29 points30 points31 points 12 hours ago

Loved: High gun damage, gun on gun focus, depth of features but simplistic in design.

Less-loved / removed: OMA, Commando, Overpowered Explosives, Nukes, Last Stand aka Second Chance perk.

Sounds like they'll not be adding second chance to MP ????? Good ****. Some other interesting questions and answers... sounds like quickscoping is possible again etc.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/hwkjy/iam_robert_bowling_creative_strategist_on_modern/

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

On a sidenote, hoping there are more night maps in multiplayer and a return of night vision goggles. Miss that about COD4 too.

IRL timing or even weather(latter certainly won't happen) would be pretty nice to see implemented, kinda like the weather system in the Tiger Woods games which syncs weather for the day from the Weather Channel in accordance to where in the world you are playing. Won't happen in MW3 but in future games I'd like to see it.

Cool idea but it'd suck cause it'l be constantly raining, considering we are in Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

Magill wrote: »
    Just been looking at that interview with robert bowling.

Sounds like they'll not be adding second chance to MP ????? Good ****. Some other interesting questions and answers... sounds like quickscoping is possible again etc.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/hwkjy/iam_robert_bowling_creative_strategist_on_modern/

No second chance wud be sweet, I was against quickscoping recently until i realised you can also do it in COD4, its ok i neither like it or loathe it, but its hell of alot better than the sniping in BLOPS that was sh!t tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I heard a rumor that they're also tweaking ghost into 2 seperate perks. One will hide from uav, the other will protect you from killstreaks. The majority of people would still choose to stay of the radar though so unless theres better perks in that tier I can see the same problems as with black ops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Tissues at the ready AGB :D

mw3-amazon-wallpaper-large.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement