Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

-_-

402 said they learned about the mistakes they made in COD4 and would not make the same again in MW2. They didn't. It was far worse than COD4.
    Twas in an article for Edge magazine the summer before MW2 was released where they interviewed himself as well as a few of the devs.

With 3 different developers working on the one game, if they **** this up, that potentially will be the final nail in the coffin for many. I include myself as well.

Same as, I want to get this to see how the Makarov story is wrapped up in SP and because MP is always fun at first. But if theres as much bullsh1t in this as there is in MW2 and they dont support it post launch then I'm done with COD, time to move on to Battlefield.
    I stumbled across IGNs original review of MW2 on youtube the other night, have a watch of it and chuckle at the guy saying that MP is "way more balanced" compared to COD4, my ass it is! MW2 was two steps forward and a few more back from COD4 in terms of balance.
    The only thing that wrecks my head in COD4 is the amount of people using Martyrdom and Juggernaut, aside from that its COD perfection.

I just genuinely dont understand why they put in these perks that can be abused, they have to think like an average COd player, selfish teen who just wants to boost their kd and be like a machinima player looking for cool kills, and remove anything that can piss people off, getting killed in a fair gunfight doesnt piss me off, getting killed by some sh1tty player using Last Stand even though he's been beaten fair and square does. IW themselves have encouraged people to be bad, selfish players with the way the game is played and people are rewarded, its why the COD community is (and rightly) looked at as a bunch of swearing kids who cant play the game properly by other fps communities, and IW only have themselves to blame for that.

More team based/tactical game modes this time please, least that Horde mode or whatever its called will be fun to play with another person.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

The only things that piss me off i cod 4 is the super grenades and the sniper rifles. Juggernaut was never a problem for me.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    I hope all bolt actions are gone and just have Semi-auto snipers, people would be less inclined to use Quickscoping

Well no I like bolt actions, i like sniping and quickscoping is fun. Its just the elitist attitude that snipers and lots of people that play cod have that annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Are you saying we iz not Elit3 sn1ip35s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Thomasheen wrote: »
    Well no I like bolt actions, i like sniping and quickscoping is fun. Its just the elitist attitude that snipers and lots of people that play cod have that annoys me.

Same, and I hate when people see you quickscoping/sniping they automatically think, "Oh all he must do is do claymore-switch-fakie-1080 trickshots and probably has a name like, xxxSCOP3Zxxx," just because of the d1ckheads that do so

I love seeing a lobby of Xsc3opezz 3l33tzz players. ump45,spas, marathon, lightweight, ninja=wreckage.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

This must replace knife melee attacks goddammit! :mad:

That or kick to the gut and a Johnny Cage, splits punch to the groin.

Just saw the new knife system.

Link or GTFO

Campaign voice cast from IMDB

New Cast:
    Eddie Decker voiced by Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley from Harry Potter)

Haha.

I think that's only with Primary weapons.
    When was the last time you seen some witching with a M4?

• Advertisement

That knifing clip wont solve the panic knifing problem. It only increases the recovery time for the person who knifed where the guy that got knifed still wouldn't have a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Any news on the online multiplayer? Do they just keep it secret until the game is released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

LaVail wrote: »
    Any news on the online multiplayer? Do they just keep it secret until the game is released?

The multiplayer gameplay reveal is usually in August/September.

Well its slow knifes for Primary and I heard people talking about pistol whips, so if ]its like MW2[/B or CoD4 where you only have pistols and maybe launchers as secondarys your either going to have slow knifing or pistol whips.

o.O Err sorry to tell you but thats a lie :P there where Shottys,Launchers,Machine Pistols,Pistols

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Leeg17 wrote: »
    The multiplayer gameplay reveal is usually in August/September.

Ah bit of waiting to do yet so:(

knifing should only kill someone who's already damaged, otherwise its two knife swipes for a death. and it should be a selectable weapon not a one button push to bring it out, make it left on the d-pad since its not used for anything else.

boom, witching solved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Shotty as a Primary, Not so bad, Im using the AA12 more than anything in MW2 at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

The SPAS was just as powerful as a primary in MW2 so it wouldn't be too bad as a primary. Played with it a few days ago and was Sandy Ravaging around the place :D The kill feed was just my name in the corner with the SPAS for so many multi-kills :pac:

The SPAS was just as powerful as a primary in MW2 so it wouldn't be too bad as a primary. Played with it a few days ago and was Sandy Ravaging around the place :D The kill feed was just my name in the corner with the SPAS for so many multi-kills :pac:

My go to gun, always has been, on small tight maps like Trailer Park its unreal, marathon, stopping power, steady aim, down they go. Its sh1teness on Black Ops made me cry.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

I use a similar method with FAR LESS skill. AA12, extended mags With Scavenger, Stopping Power and Ninja. That my friends is a room clearer. Never have to worry about running dry either. Its beautiful!
    Primary be a Vector

I use a similar method with FAR LESS skill. AA12, extended mags With Scavenger, Stopping Power and Ninja. That my friends is a room clearer. Never have to worry about running dry either. Its beautiful!
    Primary be a Vector

I never bothered unlocking extended mags on the AA12 until I ran out of ammo on my own gun and picked up someone else extended mag one, dear god it was heaven, just held down the button and let the carnage rip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

krudler wrote: »
    I never bothered unlocking extended mags on the AA12 until I ran out of ammo on my own gun and picked up someone else extended mag one, dear god it was heaven, just held down the button and let the carnage rip

Scavenger is a must though - I'd use it in TDM but I always run Marathon on Dom so the SPAS it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I tried every shottie, spas and 1887 are just so hit and miss in terms of range / damage i dont use them much. Striker silenced is good for a laugh but aa12 and scavenger / extended mags is my secindary for every single class. Ahhh the fond memories for some games on bailout where some noob teams all cluster up the stairs to the overwatch position..... mmmmmultikills!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

looks like multiplayer will be revealed sept 2nd or shortly before.

http://venturebeat.com/2011/06/29/awesome-activision-blows-a-kiss-to-fans-with-call-of-duty-xp-event/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bloody idiots if true, will they ever learn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

if I had one I could say "Playing with Lee in a tree"

K-I-S-S-I-N-G?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭FlapsOfDoom

If it was real it would have that little circled R after ''Modern Warfare'' like it does on MW2

Not real but there will be a closed beta. There wont be a public one just to get people more hyped for the game. Also to prevent people negatively bashing the game before its out which will inevitably happen anyway but its better for them since you'll have to spend your money first to see first hand

Thomasheen wrote: »
    Not real but there will be a closed beta. There wont be a public one just to get people more hyped for the game. Also to prevent people negatively bashing the game before its out which will inevitably happen anyway but its better for them since you'll have to spend your money first to see first hand

Quite obvious as time progressed throughout the series the likelihood of an open beta is zero to none.

• Advertisement

God I'd love it to be all true -

Yeah things may be changed but maybe not to a CoD4 perspective, there are reaper drones in MW3 and AC-130's so who knows, it may be unstackable with MW2 killstreaks (Which is awesome)

In the main he's talking about a 3-5-7 default type set up which I'm all for, though I'd make it 5-10-15.

MW2 had many problems, many problems. Majority of which stem from the fact you had these chopper gunner, AC130, Oh my gawd I got a noooooooooooke obsessive bellends ruining the game with the mentality of playing for their godforsaken killstreaks and K/D. You for one being a fan of MW2 and hating Black Ops might be of that mentality who's to say ;) Anything that reverts back to COD4 except for namely 3 x grenades / blast radius is a big step in the right direction as far as I'am concerned after the last 2 average games.

Yeah Ade but think about it, both the AC-130 and the BO gunships were 11 killstreaks, compare how many times you saw a AC-130 in MW2 to a gunship you saw in BO, if unstackable, the AC-130 will be a rare thing (small chance but still).

And I for one just hope that this happens in MW3
    • UMP.45 nerfed
    • RPD Nerfed
    • No Deathstreaks
    • Pistol's are reliable
    • more Semi than bolt action snipers
    • A Scavenger perk NOT in the same Tier as a Bling / warlord perk

I WANT TO BELIEVE AGB. I really do :D While my expectations for BOPS was pretty damn low compared to the majority of this forum, it will be that bit lower for MW3 multiplayer. Perhaps hat's part of the reason I enjoyed BOPS longer than I did as well as enjoyed it longer than most. Besides GTA San Andreas, I've never been more hyped for a game more so than MW2. Honest to god, I despised it with in the first couple of hours. I really did. I refuse from there on in not to be caught up in the hype, and play down a lot of things.

I know one thing that will be more than likely excellent is Spec Ops, it was so much fun in MW2 and I give IW massive props for that. Playing it the one night, in one sit through as stressful as it was on veteran I'd play it again in a heartbeat. I'm sure they'll deliver in this aspect.. and hopefully survival mode will as well. Though learning it'll be on 2 player was very disappointing in regards to survival mode.

In the main he's talking about a 3-5-7 default type set up which I'm all for, though I'd make it 5-10-15.

MW2 had many problems, many problems. Majority of which stem from the fact you had these chopper gunner, AC130, Oh my gawd I got a noooooooooooke obsessive bellends ruining the game with the mentality of playing for their godforsaken killstreaks and K/D. You for one being a fan of MW2 and hating Black Ops might be of that mentality who's to say ;) Anything that reverts back to COD4 except for namely 3 x grenades / blast radius is a big step in the right direction as far as I'am concerned after the last 2 average games.

the other night I was playing a ground war on Afghan on domination, had hardline on cos I wanted hardline pro and only had a couple of streaks to get to have it. so I stuck on pred/harrier/ac and legged it towards B, lobbed a grenade and got a triple kill, got another guy coming out of the bunker, they had C, boom triple, harrier, gets a few kills in seconds and already had the ac-130 barely 2 mins into the match, its ridiculous how easy it is to get them at times. thats why I started playing hardcore, you rarely see anything higher than a harrier come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yeah Ade but think about it, both the AC-130 and the BO gunships were 11 killstreaks, compare how many times you saw a AC-130 in MW2 to a gunship you saw in BO, if unstackable, the AC-130 will be a rare thing (small chance but still).

And I for one just hope that this happens in MW3
    • UMP.45 nerfed
    • RPD Nerfed
    • No Deathstreaks
    • Pistol's are reliable
    • more Semi than bolt action snipers
    • A Scavenger perk NOT in the same Tier as a Bling / warlord perk

It is in our party's because we frown upon those that use them !!! :D If everyone in an average brds party has high KS's on ? You'd see 3 or 4 at least every game... i know i'd get at least one 11KS in an average game.

4 Kills for UAV
    5 kills for a pred/napalm/CUAV/Carepackage(No kills > 10)
    8 kills for Rolling Thunder/EMP
    10 kills for harrier/Attack chopper(I ****ING HATE AC's...)
    15 kills for Chopper/AC130/BlackBird

Yup no one in our party's use High KS the highest we go is 8 which there's always one of up in the air :D

Yup no one in our party's use High KS the highest we go is 8 which there's always one of up in the air :D

Well 9 , I've been rocking the Stealth Bomber/Rolling Thunder every now and again. DON'T SHUN ME! :pac:

I iz want Epicz KiLL F33D :p

The like / dislike bar made me laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

lol, IGN subs are trolls ! nearly ever video has a huge number of dislikes.

Well 9 , I've been rocking the Stealth Bomber/Rolling Thunder every now and again. DON'T SHUN ME! :pac:

YOU ARE NEVER PLAYING WITH US AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

any sign of a collectors edition ?

Now i know, lol

Pffft, you already had an 8man rolling thunder feed, mortars/napalm are where it's at (my record stands at 7 :))

Pffft, you already had an 8man rolling thunder feed, mortars/napalm are where it's at (my record stands at 7 :))

DID YOU ****ING SEE MY CHOPPER ****ING GUNNER EARLIER WITH YOURSELF AND EAMO ! :( Playing ground war as well ffs. I was on 2 bar but even still, my 2 kills came towards the very end of the chopper gunner.

Eamo will remember a few days ago when I was playing with just him, I only got 1 kills with it on Nuketown. I have absolutely zero luck with that crap. Same on MW2

To be completely honest mate I didn't know you had a chopper up, when you said "1 kill" in the chat I thought you meant you were 1 short.

New highest killstreak tonight, 22, with stakeout then a crossbow/famas :D

To be completely honest mate I didn't know you had a chopper up, when you said "1 kill" in the chat I thought you meant you were 1 short.

New highest killstreak tonight, 22, with stakeout then a crossbow/famas :D

icon_sad.gif

COD =ThatsRacist.gif?t=1242082675

Ade with his hacking skillz

Headshot wrote: »
    Ade with his hacking skillz

If only. Maybe then I can get more than 1 kill on Nuketown or Ground War on Cracked with a chopper gunner :-

No one suggest dogs, the 3 kills with 2 dog on ground war in Havana(!) still haunts me! :pac: -_-

If only we were allowed animated sigs :D

• Advertisement

Oooh and napalm is certainly against me too as you well know. IT'S A CONSPIRACY I TELLS YA!

Advertisement