Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

has anyone got problems playing online as regards lag?
    i haven't been playing online really and I'm not gonna unless they fix the lag and servers. i been stuck in skyrim anyways but when i DO play online I'm always a second behind the enemy so Its p***ing me off I've been turned off MP completely, anyone else having similar problems? and no my internet is generally ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

Whats the best gun to start of with? just started the multiplayer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rastapitts wrote: »

UMP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

Trilla wrote: »
    UMP

I would recommend the M4A1 assault rifle for the larger maps, and I personally think the MP5 is better than the UMP45 in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Simply Red wrote: »
    Does anyone know what that symbol means beside the name in this lobby?

zero19 wrote: »
    I think it means you are part of the same group if you joined one on Elite.

Exactly that!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

i reckon they are messed up again its telling me i have never played online im sure I have ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Are the stats broke? I prestiged and according to the leaderboards iv only played 3 games and iv a rediculously high average score :/ ?

Ya I've seen that on the/my friends leaderboard too.(PS3)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

Rastapitts wrote: »

I started with the M4, great gun, put the Kick on it as soon as u unlock it, can not go wrong, at gun level 30 and half way to 31.

The P90 is a great gun mainly in smaller maps, put on the raip fire, cut people to pices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Just wondering what guns people are rocking at the moment. For better or worse, I'm using variants of the type95 (red dot or acog depending on map) and am at L.30 with this gun.

Once I hit L. 31, I'm going to start on another gun. Which is the best gun available at L. 62?

Used the UMP/SCAR(gold)/ACR(gold) during first prestige.

Unlocked the AK47 with "Unlock Gear" then, and have used that for most of this prestige to get it in gold (which is the best looking gold assault rifle I've got yet).

Might have a go with the Type 95 next. Its three round burst seems to be quite effective at putting people down first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Is there any way to switch away from local servers?

Absolutely sick of playing xIRAsnypeZx1337 or iRiShXsCoPeZz in every single game. Also, literally CANNOT get a game of Mercenary. If I cant run with a team I dont want to come up against the IRA YY Laddershot clan, but when I search Merc I either get 'No games found' or waiting for 6 more players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

same goes for moshpit cannot get a game at all :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Got a question or two.. How do you know whos host in this game?? In past cods before the start of the game you could press select and whoever has the darkest 4 green bars was host. Did I hear it switches host after every game? And that theres coding in the game to sorta lag the host so he doesnt have as big an advantage as the rest??:confused:
    Jesus...:(

Hi

I have just started to us the Assault strike packages as I am getting better so am able to get a kill strike without dying now. I am using a care package as one of them and my question is are these random (could I get anything type i.e. Predator drone and attack helicopters) or does it give you the next one you have picked.

For example if my 3 Assault strike packages I have picked is UV, care package and Sam Turtle. I get my care package and it is a Sam Turtle every time is this because my nest one I have picked is the Sam Turtle, so I if I pick attack helicopters as my last Assault strike packages will this mean I will get this every time a call in a care package.

Also if I kill 5 people without dying and can call in a care package and don’t use it and dye and then kill another 5 people and get a care package do I only get one care package but does this mean I will get a way better care package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

@ Delboy

What you get from a care pack is random but the higher level killstreaks have a lower probability of coming out of it. For example in MW2 you had a 29% 15ish% chance of getting a UAV but only a 4% chance of getting a ChopperGunner. Doesn't mean you can't get several high level killstreaks in a row but the probability is low.

If you get 5 points and die and haven't used the care packyou will get a second one if you get another 5 points

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's completely random. And if you die before using it, then get enough kills to get another care package before you call in the previous one, they don't stack to form a better one, it'll either let you call in both of them or else just call in one. (I can't remember how it worked in MW2, so I'm just going off vague memory there on the most part.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Would we all be in agreement that the Irish are probably the biggest pr1cks on this game?!Rarely have a good encounter with a fellow Irish player.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Are the Irish becoming the new French? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭OriginalTom

Played a lot more competitive over the last few nights, wasn't planning on attending ReflexGT (Dutch LAN even in early December) but got a good team offer with some funding for it so thought I might as well go, meaning that I now have to scrim and stop playing pubs!

Competitive wise, I really enjoy it. I played A/R all throughout Black Ops asides from 1 LAN where I played SMG but on Mw3 I'm really enjoying the MP7, we've been playing 3 SMG's, 1 AR to quite good effect; lost one map all night last night.

Gametype wise, I've always preferred Domo to Demo and so Domination is my strongest gametype. Spawns are good. They're COD4 style in that they will ALWAYS spawn on or around their last capped flag provided you don't 'over' do it. It also rewards a team for 3 capping rather than Blops standard of 2 capping and camping. Played against a team last night that tried to do that and it just doesn't work, pushing for the 3 cap is the better decision.

CTF spawns are crazy, they're like Mw2 spawns in that they're easy to predict but just really odd how erratic they are at times, rumours from Decerto are saying that CTF might be left out the ruleset because of it.

Gun wise, Type95 isn't overpowered in competitive. Honestly, no guns that are appearing as too powerful. Everyone uses such a diverse range, A/R players using Scars, ACR's, M16's, Type95's and FAD's. SMG players using MP5, UMP45, P90, PP90M1 and MP7.

I do really like that every gun is good for the appropiate situation. Same with secondaries, I swear by the Deagle but you see Magnums, the other revolver and the Five Seven all the time!

Sabotage works SO well for competitive in this game too, almost COD4 levels of great with spawns. We played against some fairly aggressive teams last night so it was always fun and fast but I can imagine it would go really slowly if it was against some dirty foreign campers.

Wish the maps were better :(

^ just curious. Why are pistols so popular as secondaries and why don't people run the machine pistols instead?

Totally agree that there are tons of guns you can use without being at a serious disadvantage. I'm looking at you Famas from Blops. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ^ just curious. Why are pistols so popular as secondaries and why don't people run the machine pistols instead?

Totally agree that there are tons of guns you can use without being at a serious disadvantage. I'm looking at you Famas from Blops. :rolleyes:
    Machine Pistols will most likely be banned in the Decerto ruleset, some kid was running round with those FM93's (I think?) yesterday and was the most obnoxious piece of **** in the world, so irritating, got kicked after one game. Just doesn't take any skill to use and with Sleight of Hand Pro, you bring the gun out so quickly.

So yeah, they were banned in Mw2 and they'll most likely be banned in this game too! Plus, it's incredibly fulfilling to get a 2 piece then get the third with the Desert Eagle, or cross map Deagle kills which are the most rewarding kills to get.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Denny M wrote: »

Based on Irish players I've come across in COD, not from here in fairness. It's not overly surprising tbh.

I still remember playing a competitive match vs as Irish clan in MW2 where in SnD on Sub Base they'd wait around their spawn, all prone. Just waiting for us to walk by and try and kill us. It was honestly one of the most bizarre games I've ever played, arguably the most rudest group of gimps I've ever come across too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Machine Pistols will most likely be banned in the Decerto ruleset, some kid was running round with those FM93's (I think?) yesterday and was the most obnoxious piece of **** in the world, so irritating, got kicked after one game. Just doesn't take any skill to use and with Sleight of Hand Pro, you bring the gun out so quickly.

So yeah, they were banned in Mw2 and they'll most likely be banned in this game too! Plus, it's incredibly fulfilling to get a 2 piece then get the third with the Desert Eagle, or cross map Deagle kills which are the most rewarding kills to get.

Does the Deagle(Or any pistol) one shot kill with a headshot in this game ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

If you get 5 points and die and haven't used the care packyou will get a second one if you get another 5 points

Have to pull you up on that one.....

If you do not use your care package, then get enough kills to earn the care package again, you will only be able to use ONE care package. They do not stack.

@ Delboy

What you get from a care pack is random but the higher level killstreaks have a lower probability of coming out of it. For example in MW2 you had a 29% 15ish% chance of getting a UAV but only a 4% chance of getting a ChopperGunner. Doesn't mean you can't get several high level killstreaks in a row but the probability is low.

Egyptian wrote: »

If you do not use your care package, then get enough kills to earn the care package again, you will only be able to use ONE care package. They do not stack.

Thanks for that, so i was not going mad when i dead and had a care package and got another one i only had one, so it is readom all care pacages then, good to know . but can not be all that radom as i got the same one about 5 times in diff games, ah well just hope i get more luck tonight

Based on Irish players I've come across in COD, not from here in fairness. It's not overly surprising tbh.

I still remember playing a competitive match vs as Irish clan in MW2 where in SnD on Sub Base they'd wait around their spawn, all prone. Just waiting for us to walk by and try and kill us. It was honestly one of the most bizarre games I've ever played, arguably the most rudest group of gimps I've ever come across too.
    That's.. That's just ridiculous.. I'd hate to play against one or two people pulling that crap, never mind a whole team doing it.

• Advertisement

Egyptian wrote: »

Sorry I haven't used the care pack and just assumed it was the same as MW2

Delboy007 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, so i was not going mad when i dead and had a care package and got another one i only had one, so it is readom all care pacages then, good to know . but can not be all that radom as i got the same one about 5 times in diff games, ah well just hope i get more luck tonight

Playing MW2 a few months back and I got about 5 Pavelows in a row from care packages. I was convinced the game was hacked. You can just get lucky. I should have said I ain't been using the cp in MW3 and was assuming it was the same as before.

Delboy007 wrote: »
    I've had days like that, the sinking feeling of getting ammo drops, made all the worse by the fact that I used Scavenger on most classes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Played a lot more competitive over the last few nights, wasn't planning on attending ReflexGT (Dutch LAN even in early December) but got a good team offer with some funding for it so thought I might as well go, meaning that I now have to scrim and stop playing pubs!

Competitive wise, I really enjoy it. I played A/R all throughout Black Ops asides from 1 LAN where I played SMG but on Mw3 I'm really enjoying the MP7, we've been playing 3 SMG's, 1 AR to quite good effect; lost one map all night last night.

Gametype wise, I've always preferred Domo to Demo and so Domination is my strongest gametype. Spawns are good. They're COD4 style in that they will ALWAYS spawn on or around their last capped flag provided you don't 'over' do it. It also rewards a team for 3 capping rather than Blops standard of 2 capping and camping. Played against a team last night that tried to do that and it just doesn't work, pushing for the 3 cap is the better decision.

CTF spawns are crazy, they're like Mw2 spawns in that they're easy to predict but just really odd how erratic they are at times, rumours from Decerto are saying that CTF might be left out the ruleset because of it.

Gun wise, Type95 isn't overpowered in competitive. Honestly, no guns that are appearing as too powerful. Everyone uses such a diverse range, A/R players using Scars, ACR's, M16's, Type95's and FAD's. SMG players using MP5, UMP45, P90, PP90M1 and MP7.

I do really like that every gun is good for the appropiate situation. Same with secondaries, I swear by the Deagle but you see Magnums, the other revolver and the Five Seven all the time!

Sabotage works SO well for competitive in this game too, almost COD4 levels of great with spawns. We played against some fairly aggressive teams last night so it was always fun and fast but I can imagine it would go really slowly if it was against some dirty foreign campers.

Wish the maps were better :(
    If decerto don't ban Type 95 ill rage. 90% of ps3 want it banned but it looks like Ps3 are following decerto rules for this universal ruleset crap.

Agree with you on dom/ctf, really hope dom makes a comeback on mlg/decerto as its class in this game. Don't think sabo works because you draw constantly and it ends up taking an hour to play the map which won't work at LAN.

Magill wrote: »
    Nope, unfortunately it's not like Counter Strike in that respect. I tend to end up 'one shotting' people with the Deagle a lot because they'll already be hurt, 50 damage up close and 40 at range means it's pretty deadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Magill wrote: »
    Nope, unfortunately it's not like Counter Strike in that respect. I tend to end up 'one shotting' people with the Deagle a lot because they'll already be hurt, 50 damage up close and 40 at range means it's pretty deadly.

Such a shame.. Nothing like getting a "waannndeage" across the map !! Glad that the deagle is back.. Haven't unlocked it yet tho.

AdamD wrote: »
    If decerto don't ban Type 95 ill rage. 90% of ps3 want it banned but it looks like Ps3 are following decerto rules for this universal ruleset crap.

Agree with you on dom/ctf, really hope dom makes a comeback on mlg/decerto as its class in this game. Don't think sabo works because you draw constantly and it ends up taking an hour to play the map which won't work at LAN.
    Yeh, PS3 stuck with v4 rules on Black Ops when we all moved to v5 (removal of Grid Demo and CTF Cracked) so I think that there could still be some individuality there? But with the chance of a universal ruleset, I really think it makes sense for everyone to play the 'same' game.

And yup, Sabo takes so long at times. Remember talking to a couple lads that played at ECL1 for COD4 and they said one game of Sabo had taken almost 90 minutes because it kept getting drawn over and over. Mucks up the scheduling quite considerably, same reason as to why Demo sort of messed up ECL3. Every demo game I've played at LAN has gone to overtime.

How's the Type95 on PS3? The M16 of COD4 was terrible on PS3 compared to Xbox. It's odd with the Type95, if the universal ruleset is in place, it won't be banned. Americans don't ban anything, but they don't really like burst weapons; they were all 3x ACR and one UMP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

And yup, Sabo takes so long at times. Remember talking to a couple lads that played at ECL1 for COD4 and they said one game of Sabo had taken almost 90 minutes because it kept getting drawn over and over.

Excuse my ignorance Tom but how can Sabo be drawn, is there no suddent death in Decerto?

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance Tom but how can Sabo be drawn, is there no suddent death in Decerto?

No, we replay the map rather than do sudden death. We used to do the same with CTF where we'd replay the map but in the interest of time at LAN events we started doing first flag capped then adopted the MLG rule of quickest flag capped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

No. The Irish do not surrender and rage quit as often.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

CORaven wrote: »
    No. The Irish do not surrender and rage quit as often.

If fairness, we're not much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

If fairness, we're not much better.

?
    I don't rage quit..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I'm sorry but that is a complete overstatement mate, the Irish are cocks (especially all the 11 y/o Haze pricks) but they don't even come close to the French. They were the most annoying bastards on MW2.

I'm not racist but, I mean, I could almost smell their duurty odour and visualize their crooked teeth over the mic :pac:

Many's the time I annoyed them back with my broken French though,

Me: "Saluuut, je m'appelle Frank."

French guy: (Screeching) Tu parles francais?

Me: (saying everything in as culchie accent as possible) Oui, oui

French guy: Oui? Je noobtubé tu, tu aime, oui?

Me: Oh, tu es gaylord, oui?

And so on, so forth

Those damn cheese eating surrender monkeys!

im-not-always-racist-but-when-i-am-i-preface-with-im-not-racist-but.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Campaign was amazing.
    Is that the last we'll see of Price?

-Added spoiler, just in case.

Hopefully, he has run his course, I really like him as a character, but any more modern warfare games and they are taking the piss, nothing should be more than a trilogy, except Harry Potter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Have to say I loved the campaign. Nearly welled up at certain points and the ending was superb.

• Advertisement

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Metal Gear Solid. :pac:

Never really played it, and of course there are exceptions to everything, but The Modern Warfare series is essentially an interactive movie with a great narrative, another one is gonna be the Die Hard 4.0 of the MW series and we are all gonna be severely disappointed. Hopefully they will star Dev on a new engine for the next gen consoles which are due. amd maybe a new series to go with it....no space marines thank you very much! :D (That has me worried, because COD has gone everywhere else.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Just downloaded the patch there and it's seems to be impossible to get into a game :confused: Sitting at the screen that reads > 50 ping but now it keeps going up to > 150/200 ping until you actually get into a game.

No more Irish lobbies??

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Why am I constantly in a local game full of Irish ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Why moan about playing Irish players? The connection will be better and they are normally quite bad, and funny on the mics

Just downloaded the patch there and it's seems to be impossible to get into a game :confused: Sitting at the screen that reads > 50 ping but now it keeps going up to > 150/200 ping until you actually get into a game.

No more Irish lobbies??
    It's just the time, noone else is on that patch yet so give it a few hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

I think it might have been the "theatre recording" in the multiplayer was enabled again after the patch. I changed it back to disabled and it seems to have sorted it straight away.

I think it might have been the "theatre recording" in the multiplayer was enabled again after the patch. I changed it back to disabled and it seems to have sorted it straight away.
    That's very facebook of them, enabling things you specifically turned off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Are all the glitches fixed on outpost? I avoid it when it comes up but it's a decent map that I'd like the option to play

IPAM wrote: »
    Are all the glitches fixed on outpost? I avoid it when it comes up but it's a decent map that I'd like the option to play

According to Woody yes, you die if you try to get under the map with the glitch. On that note, outpost is anything but a good map, terrible layout, too many camping spots and that bunker is so strong that it's crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

IPAM wrote: »

They have apparently failed at patching it for the 2nd time, its still possible to get under from what Ive read. Why don't they just lift the phone and get treyarch to show them how to patch a game properly.

Advertisement