Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hypermuse wrote: »
    someboady was telling me that MW3 made 775million (£/$/€ ??) in the first 5 days!!

apparently more than any other game/moive etc.. biggest selling thing ever!! what a shame eh :p

Very sad to read that
    Adam wrote: »
    They don't lose money on trade-ins...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-21-video-game-rentals-to-eradicate-pre-owned-sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Magill wrote: »
    hypermuse wrote: »
    someboady was telling me that MW3 made 775million (£/$/€ ??) in the first 5 days!!

apparently more than any other game/moive etc.. biggest selling thing ever!! what a shame eh :p

it'll probably also lose more than any other game in trade ins within the first month ! Thats for sure.

Another way of saying basically it's a ****e game lol

Worst cod in years huge letdown, IRS mw2 pt 2 little less hectic with bad maps,lag,camping,hacking,lobbies etc etc could go on all day.

Blops is a lot better hands down !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

what ? How did you work that one out lol...

More games traded in... more people buying preowned, less people buying new.

They don't make money on preowned game sales, games companies lose a huge amount of revenue because of hte preowned market.
    Ok yeah, fair point, what I meant was the money they've already made is money in the bank, so considering it's the biggest selling game ever it's not that big a problem for them really i'd imagine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

FÚCKING ROBERT BOWLING!!!!!!

Want to destroy the Air support... cant because my classes are too far down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

New 4Mb patch today, wonder what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

is the lag gone ? is it safe to return of will it drive me nuts again:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

coadyd wrote: »
    is the lag gone ? is it safe to return of will it drive me nuts again:o

I've never had the lag issues so many people complain about. Genuinely confused as to why. Play with the same group of people and they're from all over. None of them have had issues either. Internet ain't great it's the next gen eircom thing and I'm on the PS3.
    Playing with 2 Europeans on the US servers with a US mate yesterday and it was laggy but more annoying than game breaking. When we kicked the US guy it returned to normal.
    It's not perfect and we do get games where y'er sure you killed the guy before he turns to deliver a lethal toe shot but these are rare and no worse than blops/mw2

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Was this patch for Xbox only or something? Was none for PS3 though knowing Activision we probably have to wait a month for it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've never had the lag issues so many people complain about. Genuinely confused as to why. Play with the same group of people and they're from all over. None of them have had issues either. Internet ain't great it's the next gen eircom thing and I'm on the PS3.
    Playing with 2 Europeans on the US servers with a US mate yesterday and it was laggy but more annoying than game breaking. When we kicked the US guy it returned to normal.
    It's not perfect and we do get games where y'er sure you killed the guy before he turns to deliver a lethal toe shot but these are rare and no worse than blops/mw2

Yeah not gonna lie.. i played all day yesterday and didn't notice that much lag at all either on PS3... except in groundwar.. were its horrible. It did spike a few times when playing with a group but it really wasn't that often.

• Advertisement

Robert Bowling said in the case of Modern Warfare 3 different bans were available depending on how serious the cheating was.
    "Every ban unique to the level of douchiness of the offense.
    "The greater the douche the greater the length. PermaDouche possible."

Crouching immobile in a corner facing the door with a silenced AR & HBS, surrounded by ordinance with Assasain pro equipped - death by hanging?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sorry if I missed it but can someone explain the ability to permanently unlock a gun after prestiging. I had one token from my MW2 prestige and used it for an extra class so I currently have no tokens available.

I'm on L77 now (no prestige) and will probably prestige soon enough and gain a new token. So after I prestige, can I then use the token to unlock any weapon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Sorry if I missed it but can someone explain the ability to permanently unlock a gun after prestiging. I had one token from my MW2 prestige and used it for an extra class so I currently have no tokens available.

I'm on L77 now (no prestige) and will probably prestige soon enough and gain a new token. So after I prestige, can I then use the token to unlock any weapon?

Yeah once you prestige, go the prestige shop and choose unlock gear. It will then give you a choice of guns and perks and you pick one to unlock forever, but the gun will be level 1 everytime you prestige and the perk won't be a pro perk, you have to level up the gun/perk again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

If you get 5 points and die and haven't used the care pack you will get a second one if you get another 5 points

It actually overrights the first carepack you got you can't call two in. I use uav carepack and pred and every time I earn them twice in one life or die and earn them again I always only have 1carepack 1pred and 1uav. Don't know if its a bug or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

If you get 5 points and die and haven't used the care packyou will get a second one if you get another 5 points

nope unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

Can you only join one Clan? And if so, does anyone know if you can leave the clan you're in, and then be invited back into it?

Has one been made for Boards PS3 users yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Egyptian wrote: »

Has one been made for Boards PS3 users yet?

Don't think anyone has made one yet but I could be wrong.
    Anyone know what the update on the ps3 was for last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

This real? If so I'll ignore the lag for shipment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

The textures in those look crap. They look like something you would see in a no-scope, quickscope montage along with a load of "SCANNING FOR ENEMIES" bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

find it a bit strange that the first DLC is old maps. its them putting their hands up and admitting that the maps in MW3 are sh**e

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

redman85 wrote: »
    find it a bit strange that the first DLC is old maps. its them putting there hands up and admitting that the maps in MW3 are sh**e

if admittting they were wrong means I get some of my fav maps back, that's fine by me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Luff yhoo Terminal <3

But seriously, a savage map. Always liked playing on it.

redman85 wrote: »
    find it a bit strange that the first DLC is old maps. its them putting there hands up and admitting that the maps in MW3 are sh**e

Exactly my first thought.............. but... Crossfire! :D<3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

I personally am dissapointed that we are getting no new maps in the first dlc pack. I dont feel like paying money for maps I already own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Crossfire yea, terminal yea, not fussed about the other ones

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

Could someone list the DLC maps for those of us who cant access Youtube at work....cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

swampyk08 wrote: »
    Could someone list the DLC maps for those of us who cant access Youtube at work....cheers.

Terminal
    favela
    Crossfire
    Shipment

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

zero19 wrote: »
    Terminal
    favela
    Crossfire
    Shipment

Thanks mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I can't get to that vid in work, so I've no idea who posted it or anything. Is it from some sort of official source? There's nothing on Google about it all. Still seems very early to be detailing DLC anyway.

so its legit then? A nostalgia map pack. I like it but its a tad lazy and cheeky!!

Trilla wrote: »
    so its legit then? A nostalgia map pack. I like it but its a tad lazy and cheeky!!

It's a clear sign that IW are playing it safe (assuming it's 100% legit). The current maps in the main are appalling and the 4 listed in the vid are what many I'm sure will agree are 4 excellent maps.

Tad worried about Shipment admittedly though. It worked in COD4 due only 3 killstreaks being available but even then if someone earned the chopper it tore everyone a new one unless you camped in one of the two containers.. usually you wouldn't last long in either of them anyway.. If they wanted to include a small map from COD4, then Showdown would have been perfect.

showdownlogo.jpg

• Advertisement

Personally I would have loved to have seen Crash, Terminal, Scrapyard and Favela. I didn't play Cod4 online but the four maps I loved on MW2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Trilla wrote: »
    Personally I would have loved to have seen Crash, Terminal, Scrapyard and Favela. I didn't play Cod4 online but the four maps I loved on MW2.

I think Crash was originally a COD4 map. Would've loved Scrapyard in there; it's a fine map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Crash has been done to death. That's one map I just don't want to see again EVER

I think Crash was originally a COD4 map. Would've loved Scrapyard in there; it's a fine map.

Ye it was but I only played it on the MW2 map packs. Loved it though with scavenger pro and claymores it got a bit campy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Terminal is a class level, though the spawn system has to be identical or it'll be a mess. Not sure it's needed as Ade said there is a clear successor to it in Arkaden.
    Crossfire is my second or third favourite from CoD4. Lovely balance to it with the open street and house to house combat. Delighted with this.
    I'd say Favela was my most often played map from Mw2 and as such I've no real desire to play it so soon again. Also it's another small level.
    Probably played less than 5 games on shipment but with the powerful (stealth bomber!) killstreaks in Mw3 it could turn into a mess. It's too small for everything bar team tactical so it won't be usable for anything like tdm let alone ground war.

If there was one of Pipeline, Backlot or District (unlikely as Seatown is a terrible rip-off) in there instead of Favella or shipment I'd be delighted. As it is it's 50% good, 50% meh.

They should have just gave mod/mapping tools to the PC community and let them rip... get some insanely good custom maps they could just rip off and sell to console players. Everyone wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

Just no.

I do not want old content.

well people are giving out about mw3 maps being crap and they want the old maps back, so why not give them what they asked for

ugglasdav wrote: »
    well people are giving out about mw3 maps being crap and they want the old maps back, so why not give them what they asked for

This is why I'm not going to became a major multi-national game developer. You just can't keep everyone happy!

I really don't think the maps are as bad as some people are making out (Me included, in the first week or so). I think it was just a combination of not knowing hte maps and lag that put me off, theres a little too much going on in some of the maps.. but overall.. a lot of them are growing on me and theres only 1 or 2 that i don't like.

Don't really mind getting terminal and favela(two of favs from MW2 tbh), but would prefer if they included a few new ones aswel tho because shipment is kak/cluster****, crossroad or whatever its called is good tho i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

Thomasheen wrote: »
    This real? If so I'll ignore the lag for shipment

This is just not true, some peoplejust have too much time on there hands, it looks like eairly art work that was done for these back before MW2 and COD4. I can not belive they would just put on old maps on 1st or any DLC.

Delboy007 wrote: »
    This is just not true, some peoplejust have too much time on there hands, it looks like eairly art work that was done for these back before MW2 and COD4. I can not belive they would just put on old maps on 1st or any DLC.

You can't believe they'd use old maps in a DLC? Have you played COD before??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Was there a new patch released today?

IPAM wrote: »
    You can't believe they'd use old maps in a DLC? Have you played COD before??

Think he means "JUST" old maps.

Think he means "JUST" old maps.

My bad

I'm a fan of Crash since COD4 but even I don't want to see it again! Wouldn't complain if it was available though. Other COD4 maps deserve to be showcased.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Was there a new patch released today?
    Think so downloaded something not quite sure what's it for though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Despite getting the game when it came out, today/tonight was the first time I've got to play online for a decent length of time.

I think it's fairly good, but I'd like to have seen some more variety in the size of the maps. A few small one's, medium sized and big one's would have been better than mostly all very small and tight maps. I guess they'll have bigger one's on the DLC though, but there's no chance of me buying any DLC content.

It took me a while at the start to get used to it but I'm currently using the SCAR with silencer and going up through the levels at a decent rate.

A very good game that I do enjoy and will play a lot, but it could have been much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I miss the dolphin dive.

I miss the dolphin dive.

Beyond ****ing stupid by IW in getting rid of it.

___

Whatever happened to that sniper gimp lobby game type that was promised.. or was that another lie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Beyond ****ing stupid by IW in getting rid of it.

___

Whatever happened to that sniper gimp lobby game type that was promised.. or was that another lie?

Imagine the dolphin dive in kill confirmed

• Advertisement
Advertisement