Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Well, IW never put dolphin dives in their games...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

JoePie wrote: »
    Well, IW never put dolphin dives in their games...

and.......................... ?

IW never had Theater Mode, Combat Record, Wave game mode, etc before MW3. Guess what developer provided this first..

Drop shotters have returned in all their so called glory in this game. Hooray.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

and.......................... ?

IW never had Theater Mode, Combat Record, Wave game mode, etc before MW3. Guess what developer provided this first..

Drop shotters have returned in all their so called glory in this game. Hooray.

drop shot > dolphin dive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I think the point I was trying to make was that they never had it in their games so you can't have a go at them for taking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

What's wrong with moving your character whatever way you want, Ade?

Jesus, you must think everyone has to play one way, just running around blindly looking to be killed

It's called being quick and smart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

There is nothing wrong with dropshotting. Hardly just gonna stand there when you're shooting somebody are you? Its the exact same as jumping or strafing. Its just moronic not to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I drop shot like a cooont now.. used to hate it. Would probably prefer if it wasn't in the game, or it had some kind of penalty like in blops... but **** it.. the panic knifing situations where i lose most of the times now makes up for it.

Also... real men can still dolphin dive.. manually :P

What's wrong with moving your character whatever way you want, Ade?

Jesus, you must think everyone has to play one way, just running around blindly looking to be killed

It's called being quick and smart.
    AdamD wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with dropshotting. Hardly just gonna stand there when you're shooting somebody are you? Its the exact same as jumping or strafing. Its just moronic not to

:rolleyes:

Do you spam it for near every single 1vs1 kill? I can only imagine those who regularly abuse it, defending it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Magill wrote: »
    I drop shot like a cooont now.. used to hate it. Would probably prefer if it wasn't in the game, or it had some kind of penalty like in blops... but **** it.. the panic knifing situations where i lose most of the times now makes up for it.

Also... real men can still dolphin dive.. manually :P

You're a sh1thead for jumpshotting too!

LakesKeane wrote: »
    You're a sh1thead for jumpshotting too!

lol this is true... least i dont crawl around like a monkey tho !!! :P

• Advertisement

lol this is true... least i dont crawl around like a monkey tho !!! :P

iz gotz the skilzz to thrill

:rolleyes:

Do you spam it for near every single 1vs1 kill? I can only imagine those who regularly abuse it, defending it.

You can't give a legitimate reason for there being something wrong with it? Its fairly pointless on this game anyway given how fast you kill people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

You can't give a legitimate reason for there being something wrong with it? Its fairly pointless on this game anyway given how fast you kill people.

How about drop-shoting is cheap as fcuk. That legitimate enough?

You've absolutely nothing to back your opinion up with lmao.

Dropshotting = jumping = strafing.

Sorry I'll stand still next time I shoot, genius move that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

yimrsg wrote: »
    How about drop-shoting is cheap as fcuk. That legitimate enough?

why is it any cheaper than straffing from side to side or trying to jump as soon as you see someone? I want to win gunfights...not stand there like a tit catching bullets.

Jumping is actually a better thing to do on this game since for some odd reason on Bops and Mw3 when you jump you sponge like a mother****er

why is it any cheaper than straffing from side to side or trying to jump as soon as you see someone? I want to win gunfights...not stand there like a tit catching bullets.

this is true... however.. in MW3 you'd probably catch less bullets standing still than you would if you were jumping all round the place like seabiscult, such is the quality of the games netcode !

Tell you one thing tho... i'd love to have one of those razer onza controllers only for the PS3... being able to jump/crouch/shoot and aim without lifting a finger would be fantastic.

You've absolutely nothing to back your opinion up with lmao.

Dropshotting = jumping = strafing.

Sorry I'll stand still next time I shoot, genius move that is.

Headglitching.

Blind Eye/ Assassin Camping /heart beat monitor.

Drop-shoting.

Danger close/oma/noob tube

Marathon/Lightweight/Commando

Going under the map in outpost.

Getting into the rock in fuel.

All in the game, all cheap tactics, some more than others. Just because something is in the game doesn't mean it's not cheap. You feel free to justify their use to yourself. Imagine if everyone adopted those tactics above, see how long you'd play it for.

Headglitching.

Blind Eye/ Assassin Camping /heart beat monitor.

Drop-shoting.

Danger close/oma/noob tube

Marathon/Lightweight/Commando

Going under the map in outpost.

Getting into the rock in fuel.

All in the game, all cheap tactics, some more than others. Just because something is in the game doesn't mean it's not cheap. You feel free to justify their use to yourself. Imagine if everyone adopted those tactics above, see how long you'd play it for.

headglitching & drop-shotting don't bother me in the slightest.........IW are to blame for the rest.

• Advertisement

lol @ putting dropshotting in the same category as glitching.

Out of that list I headglitch and dropshot. Why? Because its silly not to, there is zero gunskill in cod, its all about putting yourself in the best positions and on this game that means you have to headglitch. I dropshot on this (a lot less than previous cods) because it makes you harder to kill. Again, silly not to. Much rather play a bunch of people dropshotting on tactical than lunging on default.

Again though, you've failed to give a valid reason why its 'cheap'. Glitching is cheap because people cannot kill you and you can kill them. Dropshotting?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Out of that list I headglitch and dropshot. Why? Because its silly not to, there is zero gunskill in cod, its all about putting yourself in the best positions and on this game that means you have to headglitch. I dropshot on this (a lot less than previous cods) because it makes you harder to kill. Again, silly not to. Much rather play a bunch of people dropshotting on tactical than lunging on default.

Again though, you've failed to give a valid reason why its 'cheap'. Glitching is cheap because people cannot kill you and you can kill them. Dropshotting?

Why ask for a valid reason when you're clearly not interested cos you're too stubborn to believe any of the above from yimrag is cheap.

You said yourself that glitching is cheap yet you headglitch? How is that not cheap? Contradicting yourself here.

Headglitching is the term used to describe what you do, its not actually glitching. Clearly you are too stubborn to realise that there is zero difference between jumping and dropshotting.

Headglitching is the term used to describe what you do, its not actually glitching. Clearly you are too stubborn to realise that there is zero difference between jumping and dropshotting.

In my one post on this topic I'm now stubborn? Well done, great analysis. You genius.

Headglitching is the term because that's what it is. It's a slight glitch where you can ADS and have a perfect view of your surroundings yet if someone was to look at you they'd see a sliver of your helmet at best.

Going prone every time you encounter a player is cheap, you said it yourself why you do it; to gain an advantage. A slight one but still an advantage. Same as sitting in a corner camping for kills in objective games. Or going under the map via a glitch, your getting an advantage from it.

Other posters here have said that it's a combination of the game makers and the community in general that has made the CoD series so bad at times.

Perhaps in time you'll see that using drop-shoting amongst the other things I've listed is the reason why the megabitch threads are always longer than the sunshine and lollypops threads.

In my one post on this topic I'm now stubborn? Well done, great analysis. You genius.

Headglitching is the term because that's what it is. It's a slight glitch where you can ADS and have a perfect view of your surroundings yet if someone was to look at you they'd see a sliver of your helmet at best.

Pot kettle black. CBA arguing when you can't see the obvious. I said that stuff yimrag posted was cheap. You go ahead and say I'm too stubborn to realise that any of it is? Yeah ok :rolleyes:.

@guy above: I look around to see where people spawn to gain an advantage. Is that cheap? I look at my radar to see if people are shooting to gain an advantage, what about that?

None of these advantages are outside the rules of the game (unlike glitches) and none of these are chosen in your loadout. Everyone can pay more attention to spawns. Everyone can jumpshot. Everyone can dropshot.

So for me to be not cheap I must: Run around constantly, but only in straight lines if I'm shooting. Must use only certain perk combinations. Never go behind anything that covers my body. Never kill anybody thats away from the objective. Only use support killstreaks. Always have a Javelin and never ever ever ever quick-scope or dropshot. If I don't follow these rules boards.ie will call me cheap :(

If a lot of things in public games annoy you, play competitively where things are banned. I do that, and for the record I ask for a lot of stuff to be banned for being cheap.

ie my ruleset for the game:
    Maps and Modes

Seatown (Capture the Flag, Search and Destroy)
    Dome (Capture the Flag, Domination)
    Arkaden (Capture the Flag, Domination, Search and Destroy)
    Resistance (Capture the Flag, Domination, Search and Destroy)
    Bootleg (Capture the Flag, Domination, Search and Destroy)
    Hardhat (Capture the Flag, Domination)
    Lockdown (Capture the Flag, Domination, Search and Destroy)
    Mission (Search and Destroy)

BO3 Map Format
    CTF - S&D - Domi

BO5 Map Format
    CTF - Domi - S&D - Domi - CTF

All Game Modes
    Spectating: Team Only
    Killcam: Enabled
    Radar Always On: No
    Wave Spawn Delay: No
    Force Respawn: Enabled
    Friendly Fire: Enabled
    Max Health: Normal
    Health Regeneration: Normal
    Perks and Proficiencies: Enabled (All proficiencies disabled via custom classes)
    Hardcore Mode: Disabled
    3rd Person: Disabled
    Headshots Only: Disabled
    Killstreaks: Disabled
    Custom Classes: Enabled

Domination
    Time limit: 5 minutes
    Score limit: Unlimited
    Respawn delay: 7.5 seconds
    (Both sides played, winner is team with most points overall)

Capture The Flag
    Round length: 5 minutes
    Score Limit: Unlimited
    Respawn delay: 7.5 seconds
    (Winner is decided by number of flags captured overall, not amount of rounds won)

Search and Destroy
    Round Length: 2.5 Minutes
    Bomb Timer: 45 Seconds
    Plant Time: 7.5 Seconds
    Defuse Time: 7.5 Seconds
    Score Limit: 4 Points
    Round Switch: Every Round

Banned Weapons
    All Launchers
    Machine Pistols
    LMGs
    All Shotguns
    Riot Shield
    Type 95

Banned Lethals
    Bouncing Betty
    Claymore
    C4

Banned Tacticals
    Scrambler
    EMP Grenade
    Trophy System
    Tactical Insertion
    Portable Radar

Banned Attachments
    Grenade Launcher
    Heartbeat Sensor
    Shotgun
    Extended Mags
    Rapid Fire
    Akimbo

Banned Proficiencies
    ALL PROFICIENCIES BANNED
    (You must disable proficiencies from your custom classes manually, this will be checked up on using theatre and killcams if necessary)

Banned Perks
    Recon
    Blast Shield
    Overkill

Death Streak
    Set to Hollow Points

I think plenty of things are cheap. But headglitches and dropshots are just something you have to deal with when playing cod. They are pretty standard moves that people use.

• Advertisement

I'd put jumpshotting and dropshotting in the same category. I do both occasionally and I classify them as cheap. They don't bother me though

Going prone every time you encounter a player is cheap, you said it yourself why you do it; to gain an advantage. A slight one but still an advantage. Same as sitting in a corner camping for kills in objective games. Or going under the map via a glitch, your getting an advantage from it.

Other posters here have said that it's a combination of the game makers and the community in general that has made the CoD series so bad at times.

Perhaps in time you'll see that using drop-shoting amongst the other things I've listed is the reason why the megabitch threads are always longer than the sunshine and lollypops threads.

read through this thread, and then every other cod megabitch thread and see how many times you find people complaining about drop-shotting. Rarely, if ever. When you dropshot you obviously make yourself a smaller target to hit.......that's common sense.
    Drop-shotting is nothing like camping......you can see a drop-shotter right in front of you.....so either a: hit him with your bullets or b: learn how to hit the right bumper and shoot at the same time.

Of all the things to be complaining about in cod.

Pot kettle black. CBA arguing when you can't see the obvious. I said that stuff yimrag posted was cheap. You go ahead and say I'm too stubborn to realise that any of it is? Yeah ok :rolleyes:.

You had more than one post on this topic...?? :confused:

Long story short

person A thinks x,y and z are cheap and says so.
    person B thinks a to w are cheap but diagrees that since x, y and z are cheap since they're in the game.
    person A thinks agrees that a to w are cheap and finds person B's stance on x, y and z contradictory.

@ Creasy_bear
    Drop-shotting is nothing like camping......you can see a drop-shotter right in front of you.....so either a: hit him with your bullets or b: learn how to hit the right bumper and shoot at the same time.
    That's what annoys me the most, it encourages others to do the same. The same way oma/danger close and noobtube proliferated in mw2, it'll happen with drop-shoting.

It belongs in the same category as jumpshotting, headglitching, camping etc. as things that frustrate the hell of you which is what the megabitch thread is for.

I didn't state that it constituted the majority of the thread, but it's there. It's prevalence since MW2 has increased since the ability to kill people in one or two bullets was likely.

Now the majority of guns in mw3 and black ops it takes longer. Black ops had dolphin dives which lessened players effectiveness but without dolphin dives in mw3, it's much more effective.

True it's not a game breaker as OMA/Danger close, dashboarding or glitching under the map but it's still something to be (rightfully IMO) annoyed about.

Dolphin dives had no bearing on dropshotting. Its been around since cod4 and has never caught on amongst the masses as they all use default controls and attempt to knife everything within 15 feet. People who use tactical are giving up instant knife reactions to use it.

IMO, it is something that people should never be annoyed about as like I've said before it is the exact same as strafing and jumping.

• Advertisement

Long story short

person A thinks x,y and z are cheap and says so.
    person B thinks a to w are cheap but diagrees that since x, y and z are cheap since they're in the game.
    person A thinks agrees that a to w are cheap and finds person B's stance on x, y and z contradictory.

@ Creasy_bear

That's what annoys me the most, it encourages others to do the same. The same way oma/danger close and noobtube proliferated in mw2, it'll happen with drop-shoting.

It belongs in the same category as jumpshotting, headglitching, camping etc. as things that frustrate the hell of you which is what the megabitch thread is for.

I didn't state that it constituted the majority of the thread, but it's there. It's prevalence since MW2 has increased since the ability to kill people in one or two bullets was likely.

Now the majority of guns in mw3 and black ops it takes longer. Black ops had dolphin dives which lessened players effectiveness but without dolphin dives in mw3, it's much more effective.

True it's not a game breaker as OMA/Danger close, dashboarding or glitching under the map but it's still something to be (rightfully IMO) annoyed about.

Jump shotting anoys the hell out of you aswel ? Anything but WWI style run in a straight line tactics ? LOl

No offense.. but it sounds like you'd like shooters on rails... some of those kinect games might suit ? :P

(Half time so I can comment )

Wait, hold on a sec... are people actually comparing drop-shotting to strafing to trying to justify their use (clearly use it) for it :confused:

Bunhopping I think it's called would be the same bracked as drop shotting for me. Cheap.

Since MW2 drop shotting has become more prevalent in COD and has been creeping in more and more. BOPS derailed it thankfully up to MW3. There was some in COD4 but not that much in public lobbies or competitive level on console at the time of it being the COD game to play. People are more and more spamming it in MW3, I'm not fussed about it if used sporadically. But it's tedious coming up against someone who you despite having the jump on, you'll lose the gun fight to if you don't do it yourself -_-

@ Creasy, headglitchers tend to go hand in hand with campers something of which you've aimed a ton of agro at in the past as well as many.

Was just about to mention bunny hopping and cs to you Magill.

Surely you can see the parallel argument with mw3 and it's shortcomings?

you can bhop in cod ?

And what parallel argument ? :P Im all for bunny hopping in cs !!

The only time I would be against it in cs is when people use scripts or hacks to do it.. because really... it takes a lot of skill to bunny hop effectively in cs.

For me, it just adds another dimension to the game that increases the skill gap.. certainly not cheap.. nearly any good cs player would say the same thing.

Strafing / Jumping / Dropping are the same. They are techniques to make your player harder to hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

If ye do not mind, I would like to drop my 2c on the topic here.

AdamD, can you imagine a game where everyone on both teams in TDM camped?
    Or a game where everyone glitches? Or a game where people use witch classes in MW2?
    The guys call it cheap on an individual basis, take a look at it on a large scale and it is unsporting conduct.

If everyone camps, the game will be too slow paced, and even if someone wins there is no real enjoyment experienced by either team for the playing of the game.
    If everyone head glitched, we have the same as above.
    If everyone ran around witch knifing, people will be more stressed than happy.
    If everyone had baby monitors, everyone would have to consider equipping Assassin or change their play style. Debatable result.
    These all change the game, mostly for the worst and I honestly would despise being in a lobby like these. Why? All the tactics above (bar the debatable) alter th game to give an advantage to the party implementing these, but when both sides use them, both parties suffer.
    Bottom line: these are ways to play the game to win, raise a high KDR, to stat whore at the expense of fun for playing.

I am going to assume you like watching soccer. What is your opinion of a player who dives onto the ground when confronting an enemy for the ball? If everyone dived in a soccer match there would be anger at the players from their fans and the other team. I think it is very similar to players who drop shot in COD as both players gain an unfair advantage at the expense of the fun and flow of the game. If you play a COD lobby where everyone drop shots, its just never an enjoyable game if you did not come first.
    Opinion?

CORaven wrote: »
    If ye do not mind, I would like to drop my 2c on the topic here.

AdamD, can you imagine a game where everyone on both teams in TDM camped?
    Or a game where everyone glitches? Or a game where people use witch classes in MW2?
    The guys call it cheap on an individual basis, take a look at it on a large scale and it is unsporting conduct.

If everyone camps, the game will be too slow paced, and even if someone wins there is no real enjoyment experienced by either team for the playing of the game.
    If everyone head glitched, we have the same as above.
    If everyone ran around witch knifing, people will be more stressed than happy.
    If everyone had baby monitors, everyone would have to consider equipping Assassin or change their play style. Debatable result.
    These all change the game, mostly for the worst and I honestly would despise being in a lobby like these. Why? All the tactics above (bar the debatable) alter th game to give an advantage to the party implementing these, but when both sides use them, both parties suffer.
    Bottom line: these are ways to play the game to win, raise a high KDR, to stat whore at the expense of fun for playing.

I am going to assume you like watching soccer. What is your opinion of a player who dives onto the ground when confronting an enemy for the ball? If everyone dived in a soccer match there would be anger at the players from their fans and the other team. I think it is very similar to players who drop shot in COD as both players gain an unfair advantage at the expense of the fun and flow of the game. If you play a COD lobby where everyone drop shots, its just never an enjoyable game if you did not come first.
    Opinion?

That type of logical thinking can be applied to practically everything in CoD with the same results...

imagine if everyone rushed arounded non stop
    imagine if everyone used recon and spammed flashes and nades
    imagine if everyone had stingers and shot down airsupport within seconds (Not just your own team)
    imagine if everyone used support killstreaks with CUAV,stealth bombers and jugg
    imagine if everyone had the exact same playstyle and moved in the exact same way

This is an online shooter, all online shooters are the same in that there are many different ways to play the game.

To drop shot you give up the ability to panic knife... to me thats a pretty fair trade and i don't know about you or anyone else here.. but i die a lot more to a panic knife than someone drop shotting. People love to whine and look for something to blame.. that is also the same in all online shooters (Or multiplayer games).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

None of you know me, cos I'm a casual mediocre player who either doesn't care about the game enough to complain about it, or doesn't know when someone is glitching or some such. But this is very very simple:

-If it's something the game was designed to allow you to do, it's fair game. To my knowledge this includes strafing/jumping/dropping/quickscoping.

-If it's something that wasn't intended to be possible, it's fair to complain about and people who do it are pathetic.

So if you are complaining about something in the former category, it's your own problem with the game. GET OVER IT.
    If it's in the latter category, tell IW.

/debate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Things like HBS, noob tubing. magic lunges, last stand are pretty annoying ways to get killed. Ya encounter stuff like this but it's hardly an epidemic like, for example, noob tubing was on certain game types in MW2

Just because something is put in the game by the developers doesn't mean it's being used as they imagined. The players also have a role in how things work out. The developers design the game and the players manipulate to their needs. Look at the overuse of dual 1187s in mw2 and it's counterpart in mw3, the dual fmg9; the community cottons on to what gun, tactic, etc. is best and it pervades the community.

With regard to prevalence of drop-shoting it's definitely prominent, I'd say far more than people realise. Even recently in Mw2 you could spend the entire night playing it and not encounter noobtubers, but there isn't a hope in hell that there passes a game in mw3 where someone either on your team or against you isn't drop-shoting. It's not as annoying as noob tubers but it's far more widespread.

Over a long enough time frame, between it; headglitching and assassin campers it'll drive people away from playing mw3 the same way that oma/noobtubers/danger close did in mw2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

The game already has built in rules. If somebody wants to use assassin or sit in the corner then that's their choice. That's what the killcam is for. Take your revenge. Yea it ends kill streaks and wrecks your head but it wont win games that way.

Maybe it is no fun for casual players when top players use kill streaks to rack up 100+ games with choppers, dogs, bombs and other things so they can't do anything about.

If people camp then they will lose. If people don't play the objective then they will lose. Its about winning at the end of the day. Not winning by 100 kills.

That's why they allow these things and the game is better and more balanced for it. The scaled down explosion damage has brought the game back to more gun play and is better for it imho. There is also no harm in reducing an over reliance on the minimap.

It was the same with blops last year. About 3 months of moaning until people get used to the changes and adapt their strategy.

Some people say that the game does not reward the skilled but I think that it does not allow the skilled to completely dominate the game. The game is more balanced for it. Overpowered kill streaks ruined the game for me and I am enjoying this game more then any COD since MW1.

The only thing that wrecks my head are the spawns but I can understand that with the close quarter maps it must be difficult to get right. Ground war needs bigger maps to sort the spawns. It is impossible to get it right when people are all over the map there is nowhere safe to spawn. Hoping that the DLC sorts this out. Otherwise I am very happy with it and enjoying MW3.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭OriginalTom

With regard to prevalence of drop-shoting it's definitely prominent, I'd say far more than people realise. Even recently in Mw2 you could spend the entire night playing it and not encounter noobtubers, but there isn't a hope in hell that there passes a game in mw3 where someone either on your team or against you isn't drop-shoting. It's not as annoying as noob tubers but it's far more widespread.

Whats funny about drop-shotting, is that it isn't nearly as effective in the newer Call of Duty's than it was in CoD4. On CoD4 you could go prone almost instantly which was a huge advantage in a gun fight but on MW2 the time slowed down drastically, likewise in Mw3.

I swapped back from Tactical to Default half way through Mw2 because it made more sense to knife faster and it's helped so much. Jump shotting in Black Ops was much more effective than drop shotting and if you're fingers are fast enough, you can drop shot on default fairly easily.

A large majority of competitive players, both in the US and here all moved to default for Black Ops but because of the 'YouTube' stigmatism of 'Ooh, default knives are panic knives, takes no skill' everyone still thinks that Tactical is the better solution.

I was licking my lips and clapping my hands when Hutch put out this 'Play on Tactical video', another 400,000 people who won't be able to knife and will sacrifice their ability to aim by drop shotting.

Whats funny about drop-shotting, is that it isn't nearly as effective in the newer Call of Duty's than it was in CoD4. On CoD4 you could go prone almost instantly which was a huge advantage in a gun fight but on MW2 the time slowed down drastically, likewise in Mw3.

I swapped back from Tactical to Default half way through Mw2 because it made more sense to knife faster and it's helped so much. Jump shotting in Black Ops was much more effective than drop shotting and if you're fingers are fast enough, you can drop shot on default fairly easily.

A large majority of competitive players, both in the US and here all moved to default for Black Ops but because of the 'YouTube' stigmatism of 'Ooh, default knives are panic knives, takes no skill' everyone still thinks that Tactical is the better solution.

I was licking my lips and clapping my hands when Hutch put out this 'Play on Tactical video', another 400,000 people who won't be able to knife and will sacrifice their ability to aim by drop shotting.

While I agree with you that it was easier in a sense, it was nowhere near as bad on COD4 though even at competitive level mate. I must have played over 500 comp games of all game types doubles, team tac, 5 man and 6 man teams, hardcore and regular core. I could count on two hands the number of times players that would spam it, both on Xbox (when I used to play it) and PS3. Again man, it just wasn't problematic back then in 2007/2008. MW2 really kicked it off namely with UMP users from what I remember.

It's not a massive problem now even, but it will become one which has been my point all along and I honestly don't mind if it's sporadically used. Hell I've done it the odd time, more pre-dropshotting if you get me likewise. But when you go into every 1vs1 situation with some UMP/P90 user with silencer and rapid fire doing it, no matter what people say it's beyond tedious.

I honestly don't think IW nor Treyarch went in with the intention of including the drop shot feature neither. With IW it's just pure laziness and simply not being bothered why it's still in the game. As Yimrsg pointed out in his post, it's a flaw in the system that people will use to their advantage. Those who defend it are more than likely ones who do take advantage of it. I honestly still can't believe strafing and jumping (not bunhopping, which is another BS way of playing) was compared to drop shotting as a means of justifying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

While I agree with you that it was easier in a sense, it was nowhere near as bad on COD4 though even at competitive level mate. I must have played over 500 comp games of all game types doubles, team tac, 5 man and 6 man teams, hardcore and regular core. I could count on two hands the number of times players that would spam it, both on Xbox (when I used to play it) and PS3. Again man, it just wasn't problematic back then in 2007/2008. MW2 really kicked it off namely with UMP users from what I remember.

It's not a massive problem now even, but it will become one which has been my point all along and I honestly don't mind if it's sporadically used. Hell I've done it the odd time, more pre-dropshotting if you get me likewise. But when you go into every 1vs1 situation with some UMP/P90 user with silencer and rapid fire doing it, no matter what people say it's beyond tedious.

I honestly don't think IW nor Treyarch went in with the intention of including the drop shot feature neither. With IW it's just pure laziness and simply not being bothered why it's still in the game. As Yimrsg pointed out in his post, it's a flaw in the system that people will use to their advantage. Those who defend it are more than likely ones who do take advantage of it. I honestly still can't believe strafing and jumping (not bunhopping, which is another BS way of playing) was compared to drop shotting as a means of justifying it.
    I honestly can't believe anyone could try and argue that dropping to the ground is any way different from strafing.

Here's a conundrum for you:

You round a corner, you're suddenly standing a short distance from someone on the opposing team. You both open fire. He strafes left. Do you move your shot to compensate?

Now ask yourself, how is it any different for you having to move your shot down rather than left?

Honestly lads, I don't even drop shot, I just can't understand this baseless argument against dropshotting.

People just love to whinge, i agree that the ability to 'panic' knife is a bigger advantage than drop shooting. For me.. The more control i have over my movem ent the better.

Its like the quickscoping argument.. Clearly a quickscoper would do better with.an smg or even just with his secondary in close range but people still love to complain about it.

Guess they're just things that anoy some people... Like final stand annoys me.

People just love to whinge, i agree that the ability to 'panic' knife is a bigger advantage than drop shooting. For me.. The more control i have over my moment the better.

Its like the quickscoping argument.. Clearly a quickscoper would do better with.an smg or even just with his secondary in close range but people still love to complain about it.

Adam wrote: »
    I honestly can't believe anyone could try and argue that dropping to the ground is any way different from strafing.

You round a corner, you're suddenly standing a short distance from someone on the opposing team. You both open fire. He strafes left. Do you move your shot to compensate?

Now ask yourself, how is it any different for you having to move your shot down rather than left?

Honestly lads, I don't even drop shot, I just can't understand this baseless argument against dropshotting.

I didn't really catch the start of the argument so I've no idea where it's come from but Im not fussed by those that do dropshot. I adapted my game to shooting the floor in competitive with the amount of drop shots and as I said, I jump shot more often than not.

Agree with Magill in some aspects, having greater control of movement with the sticks is great but I much prefer getting that close range panic knife, benefits to both if the player is good.

People just love to whinge, i agree that the ability to 'panic' knife is a bigger advantage than drop shooting. For me.. The more control i have over my moment the better.

That gets me so annoyed when I'm spectating someone in SnD and they just don't pull out their secondary, properly grinds my gears!

Tell you what I do love, dead mans hand. favourite death streak ever.

Adam wrote: »

Ya, but the difference in profile between strafing and drop shotting is huge. When you drop shot, the person has much less to aim for. Strafing is more or less a given now imo

• Advertisement

That gets me so annoyed when I'm spectating someone in SnD and they just don't pull out their secondary, properly grinds my gears!

Tell you what I do love, dead mans hand. favourite death streak ever.

Lol is that the suicide c4 thing... Was raging a few times over that **** last night !!

Im not got lie.. I have a tendency to not use my secondaryl.. I know its bad but i think im a boss when i qs someone lol.. Hearing them go mad on the Mic makes it worth it !!!

Advertisement