Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Ya, but the difference in profile between strafing and drop shotting is huge. When you drop shot, the person has much less to aim for. Strafing is more or less a given now imo
    And you never try to make yourself a smaller target in this game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

to say theres a difference between drop-shotting and strafing is laughable. I strafe all the time too......why? because it makes me harder to hit and works in the exact same way as drop-shotting does. Call of duty is obviously connection based.......all you have to do is look at the guy shooting at you in some games. He will be shooting to your left then shooting to your right......hitting nothing but fresh air! Why? because on his screen, that's where you are!

People saying it's ok to jump or strafe but it's not ok to drop :confused:

Maybe they are complaining now because they're getting their asses handed to them, because they can't lunge from 15 feet and knife the drop-shotter.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭OriginalTom

Maybe they are complaining now because they're getting their asses handed to them, because they can't lunge from 15 feet and knife the drop-shotter.

Nah you definitely can, i do it all the time. Knife lunch in this game is 2x that of black ops, although that still had a great lunge. Was knifing a lot of people yesterday on a 3bar; Ade, Kells and Lakes can all verify this, even in a gwk.

@Magill, the voice feedback feature is the best inclusion by IW! Love hearing the rage so much.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ya, but the difference in profile between strafing and drop shotting is huge. When you drop shot, the person has much less to aim for. Strafing is more or less a given now imo

Not point bothering Eamo

Gonna look for quotes later from David Vahn saying drop shotting was never intended in COD hence why they added the dolphin diving because they could see it escalating into a bigger problem down the line. It was in a PSM article I'm fairly sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Adam wrote: »
    And you never try to make yourself a smaller target in this game?

Always, but that wasn't my point. You implied strafing was on par with drop shotting, I believe it's tougher to kill someone when they drop to the floor as opposed to strafing while ADS.

I've never played with or against you so I don't know how good you are. Speculate all you want :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

drop shotting in mw3 isnt that bad, there is advantages and disadvantages to it, yea ok you kill ur enemy while dropping to the ground making it harder for him to hit you as he doesnt expect it, but the disadvantage to it would be that if your enemy shoots at you the only exposed part of ur body is your head so thats almost an instant kill, aswell if you dropshot up against or close to an object or wall you will not be able to turn properly because ur legs are hitting the object or wall allowing you to adjust ur shot only slightly, thats just my 2 cents on the whole drop shotting thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Always, but that wasn't my point. You implied strafing was on par with drop shotting, I believe it's tougher to kill someone when they drop to the floor as opposed to strafing while ADS.

I've never played with or against you so I don't know how good you are. Speculate all you want :)

I was just talking in general......not my own gameplay, or lack of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Ha! Funny stuff lads. Care less!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Adam wrote: »
    Ha! Funny stuff lads. Care less!

Why keep posting about it then :confused:

on the topic of dropshot, I hate when people do it to me but... I do it myself :) I give out about th type 95 and FMGs... I now have a class with both that I use :) if I get a "Law to the face" I go mad and shout "what kind of w@nker runs around with a fûcking Rocket launcher... Yet I break my balls laughing when I do it to someone else.. Point is, there are so many different things that annoy me in COD but I do alot of it myself :o so complaining about it is a bit hypocritical

Like Ghandi said to me one night in MW3 when I was gettin raped by some lad using a type 95... "if ya can't beat them, join em"

As an aside, I have seen sweet f-all dropshotting on MW3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

IPAM wrote: »
    As an aside, I have seen sweet f-all dropshotting on MW3

Great post but I've seen plenty of dropshots in MW3.

Only thing that annoys me in MW3 is the spawning and the quickscoping. i've gotten over the noob tubers and thank fluck theres no danger close.

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    Great post but I've seen plenty of dropshots in MW3.

Only thing that annoys me in MW3 is the spawning and the quickscoping. i've gotten over the noob tubers and thank fluck theres no danger close.

yea some times the quickscoping can get annoying but not every person that quickscopes is good, yea sometimes they get a lucky shot on you but most of the time they miss and generally dont have enough time to pull of another one and you kill them.

ugglasdav wrote: »
    yea some times the quickscoping can get annoying but not every person that quickscopes is good, yea sometimes they get a lucky shot on you but most of the time they miss and generally dont have enough time to pull of another one and you kill them.

Ya, quickscopers gimp themselves by picking a sniper in the first place and running around. I think it's fantastic they brought it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I play with classes which include guns I like, Scar, ACR, and now the FAD. I tried the AK47 and I know there's a common hard-on for it, but I don't think its as good as the other three listed. Maybe its because I didn't use it in the other CoDs I played.

Anyhoo, the point is the first time I get shot by some dual wielding FMH9 pleb, I let it go. If I get shot again I change to a class I have them on, which includes Ump, rapid fire and silencer, scavenger etc.

At the end of that game, I'll change back to the class with the guns I like.

Rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

News(Rumors) on the first DLC pack to be released.
    According to the latest rumors, the first premium DLC for Modern Warfare 3 will be a map pack containing five new maps.

The five maps will be called Morning Wood (Yes, really), Concrete, Park, Italy and Overwatch. Overwatch is actually the name of a Modern Warfare 2 map, so it seems odd that one remake would be added into a seemingly new map pack.

EGM’s TAKE: Of course take this with a massive pinch of salt as the whole idea of a map called Morning Wood just seems ridiculous. But stranger things have happened in gaming.

"Morning Wood"..... LOL

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/first-modern-warfare-3-dlc-details-surface/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Teh_Cookster Brett German
    @fourzerotwo I'm tired of getting mapped by FMG9's are you ever going to fix them? way too over powered
    41 minutes ago

@fourzerotwo
    Robert Bowling
    @Teh_Cookster Yes, these will be getting some re-balancing in a new update this week.

About time, they are ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Magill wrote: »
    News(Rumors) on the first DLC pack to be released.

"Morning Wood"..... LOL

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/first-modern-warfare-3-dlc-details-surface/

what map in MW2 is called Overwatch?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Stand to be corrected here, but I think it may have been a Spec Ops or even campaign mission. For some reason I'm thinking Burger Town. Maybe it's because I'd kill for a burger right now though :pac:

Stand to be corrected here, but I think it may have been a Spec Ops or even campaign mission. For some reason I'm thinking Burger Town. Maybe it's because I'd kill for a burger right now though :pac:
    Yeah, an MW2 Spec Ops mission was called Overwatch, one of you was on the ground, the other on a mini gun in a chopper. Extraction point was a burger town! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

iMuse wrote: »
    About time, they are ridiculous

Awww...I'm going to suck again! I'll have prestiged by then and will probably move onto the next best ones :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Probably a very obvious answer to this one but can anyone tell me how to take down a recon drone? Seems to have an endless supply of flares. Direct hits take a huge amount of time and light ya up like a christmas tree on the mini map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

hightower1 wrote: »
    Probably a very obvious answer to this one but can anyone tell me how to take down a recon drone? Seems to have an endless supply of flares. Direct hits take a huge amount of time and light ya up like a christmas tree on the mini map.

Now that you mention it I can't think of ever having brought one down with the stinger or having mine shot down by one. ARs definately work against them but mine rarely gets taken down early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

According to elite , I will reach my next prestige in 2.4 YEARS :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Shammy wrote: »
    According to elite , I will reach my next prestige in 2.4 YEARS :o

That elite on the pc ya? It seems fcuked up lol. Mine is the same.
    Some thing close to 79 years to reach the top prestige. Through the playstation it's more realistic tho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Speaking as a fairly experienced recon drone pilot, I'd only worry about lmgs or assault rifles but once you're at a decent height and distance they aren't that effective, since you're a small target and can move faster than the enemy can pan when aiming down sights. Plus they're exposed to your team-mates and wasting ammunition.

The drone can take a fair bit of punishment from people without blind eye pro so only worry about people who have no red chevron or green x firing at you; they get the damage bonus. Flying out of signal range for a few seconds also works wonders as they lose interest in you once you're not as prominent, allowing them to get killed and for you to tag them anew.

Lock on missiles can be dodged fairly easily once you're moving even without flares, for javelins you've got time to fly under cover, for stingers and smaws drop down to break line of sight as you move faster diving rather than climbing. Also you can get the firer to kill themselves with luck. The sam sites are too slow to lock on and you can see their laser targeter so you can ignore them once you're decent.

Shotguns like the striker or aa12 at point blank are also a worry in levels like Dome. I've had guys trying to knive me so maybe that works. Emp grenades might also work in confined areas, but I don't think they're cook-able and you only get one so a player has to be very good or very lucky to stop you.

By far the most effective is another support perk, the emp.

Remember someone asking to post a picture of my levelling up pace, don't have my pvr plugged into my xbox atm as am playing PS3 at the moment, I haven't had double xp and play mosh pit or domo really!

EyeTVSnapshot.jpg

Remember someone asking to post a picture of my levelling up pace, don't have my pvr plugged into my xbox atm as am playing PS3 at the moment, I haven't had double xp and play mosh pit or domo really!

EyeTVSnapshot.jpg

1400 ....... ffs :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭ConorBF1

EyeTVSnapshot.jpg

Fair play! It took me around eight hours to get that far. :o

I got no prestige token for prestiging .......

any one else have that problem.

http://www.callofduty.com/message/106042597

• Advertisement

"Activision WILL NOT help you no matter what you do. Jut hope you get the token is all I can say. Either you get it, or you don't."

Says it all

I prestiged once and got one. I also had two from MW2 and Blops. What prestige were you, Shammy? Had you already prestiged on MW3?

I used my three tokens on crap I didn't really need and if I don't get to use a token to unlock the stinger ...........

Lads haven't really used the recon drone more than a few times. How do you tag someone? Is it just a matter of being close to an enemy for a specific time or do you press a button?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads haven't really used the recon drone more than a few times. How do you tag someone? Is it just a matter of being close to an enemy for a specific time or do you press a button?
    You have to fly over the guys who have a red V over there head and press the shout button and the red V will change to a green one and bang they are tagged

You just need to get them in the little view finder in the centre of the screen for a few seconds. Can't be too high or you won't lock on. It tags automatically you don't need to press anything.

@ Delboy if they're running Blind Eye they won't have a red tag making them harder to see but you can still get 'em

Right trigger/Shoot button. I spent a couple weeks just focusing on them then flying away :o think it was X or Yimrag that pointed out to me that o wasn't actually doing anything :pac:

• Advertisement

Lol thanks guys. It's very poorly explained. I mash my controller to launch it!

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You just need to get them in the little view finder in the centre of the screen for a few seconds. Can't be too high or you won't lock on. It tags automatically you don't need to press anything.

@ Delboy if they're running Blind Eye they won't have a red tag making them harder to see but you can still get 'em

Huh? Ya have to press the shoot button don't ya?

Right trigger/Shoot button. I spent a couple weeks just focusing on them then flying away :o think it was X or Yimrag that pointed out to me that o wasn't actually doing anything :pac:

I've never fired but still get the enemy targeted. A green box goes around them and then you get an assist when they are killed. I'm mega confused now!

Lol thanks guys. It's very poorly explained. I mash my controller to launch it!

I explained it badly, Dellboy has it spot on :)

I prestiged once and got one. I also had two from MW2 and Blops. What prestige were you, Shammy? Had you already prestiged on MW3?

I used my three tokens on crap I didn't really need and if I don't get to use a token to unlock the stinger ...........

I had three starting off and used them , 2 custom classes and double xp , just prestiged the other night and I was expecting to get one but still nothing .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Same here :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

EMP Nades, and I would hazard a guess at a knife and throwing knife.

Wow, I actually believed this when posting yesterday. The other guys are right, sorry.

By way of explanation I work in an office and get stupider as the day goes on.

CORaven wrote: »
    EMP Nades, and I would hazard a guess at a knife and throwing knife.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToJ-49OJTo1H_RweBoql9dYM-6ntr0wO7tA_LQ4xFGUYiZKuClE6CeSGy_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Could be Overgrown but tbh seems unlikely do redo that map a third time, terminal however I am looking forward to, terminal demolition = long time favourite.

where does it say anything about terminal?

One of the weekly challenges last week was get 25 kills with the riot shield. Went for it Saturday. Don't think I've ever swore as much at a tv. Seriously, you get stabbed through it, shot through it, blown up and generally fkn killed by anything.

That said it's pretty good fun. When I finish prestiging I'm definately going to rank it up. Have the quick melee feature now, which made it a lot easier. Wonder can you get a gold shield.:confused:

One of the weekly challenges last week was get 25 kills with the riot shield. Went for it Saturday. Don't think I've ever swore as much at a tv. Seriously, you get stabbed through it, shot through it, blown up and generally fkn killed by anything.

Yep the run by and side stab brings back the same "I'm going to snap this motherfúcking joypad in two" joy that run around commondo pro knife attachment MW2 play gave us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

That said it's pretty good fun. When I finish prestiging I'm definately going to rank it up. Have the quick melee feature now, which made it a lot easier. Wonder can you get a gold shield.:confused:

Yeah, I still havn't found the "Teleport through Riot Shield" Perk. Seems everyone on the other team has it when I run around with it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

All right at end of prestige 4 and have 10 custom classes so there's no point in prestiging anymore. I spent last night trying to level up the KSG 12 ,ive never got more mad at a video game in my life lol.I think my best game was on dome 9-13 any of you guys have done the impossible and get this gun maxed out?

just some info on the upcoming patch for mw3 1.06, they are nerfing the FMG9s, Type 95 and the cm901 attachment glitch

• Advertisement
Advertisement