Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Paully D wrote: »
    Is it just me that thinks the hype has been very quiet this time around? I remember a big build up to MW2 and, Black-Ops to a certain extent, but if you weren't a COD fan you could easily have bypassed the fact that the game is being released tomorrow, whereas I don't think was the case previously.

That said, it might be a good thing. I can't wait to get my hands on this. It's just a shame I'll have to wait until Thursday as I'm flat out.

There's 99 people online on this forum atm, the night before its release. There's normally around 7 or 8 consistently on it. I think there's hype alright :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

guys can i just ask a quick question....

ive bought elite on psn store..all i got so far is the theme..how do i like download elite or activate it?..do i need to wait til midnight of when ive started up mw3 later? kinda wana have it done tonight before i play my first game

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I'm pretty sure you can't activate it until after 12am tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

MarkY91 wrote: »
    guys can i just ask a quick question....

ive bought elite on psn store..all i got so far is the theme..how do i like download elite or activate it?..do i need to wait til midnight of when ive started up mw3 later? kinda wana have it done tonight before i play my first game

cheers

have the game there is an option to download an Elite App from the multiplayer menu, but it's not live yet so will have to wait I'd say until after midnight

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can't activate it until after 12am tonight.

thats cool just wondering :)

also the website Elite still seems to be beta, they'd want to get the finger out on getting it live, can't link to youtube and it doesn't seem to recognise yet that I've paid for elite already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

90% installed on my HDD :P

hmmmm hope we dont have problems after 12 when we get the game :\ was planning on using some shop tokens straight away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I pity the fools outside, queuing. I know one guy out there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

CORaven wrote: »
    I pity the fools outside, queuing. I know one guy out there now.
    Already?? I was going to head down for 11.45 with the intention of walking straight in, picking up the game and leaving. Queuing didn't even enter my mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Battleflag wrote: »
    Already?? I was going to head down for 11.45 with the intention of walking straight in, picking up the game and leaving. Queuing didn't even enter my mind!

depends on the store really, last year for Black Ops I queued for an hour in Limerick and was there at 11.30

what was smyths at jervis street like last year?
    also hmv grafton street?

Guna go Tesco around 11.45, raid the sweet/red bull aisle and head off waving my copy in front of all the people queueing outside Gamestop, like last year. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Mountain dew and maoam for me ;)

Guna go Tesco around 11.45, raid the sweet/red bull aisle and head off waving my copy in front of all the people queueing outside Gamestop, like last year. :D

you not getting the hardened edition?

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    you not getting the hardened edition?

Tried to pre-order before mid-term but they were all sold out. Will get regular tonight and PSN vouchers for elite at the weekend.

Are you getting it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Tried to pre-order before mid-term but they were all sold out. Will get regular tonight and PSN vouchers for elite at the weekend.

Are you getting it?

i was a bit stressed when they were sold out too ,but works out the same price buying it from xbl.

Are you getting it?

sure am, well I pre-ordered it anyway, gamestop better have it for me. will head to tesco and get some munchies now, woop!

COD launch night, cant beat it :D

see you at B flag!

Look forward to it Spas buddy, it's been too long :D

What time are you heading in? No idea if it'll be packed or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

That's my plan also....heading off now in a few mins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Shop clerk lied!

ha ha i get told the same thing *if* i get a game early , they are just trying to cover themselves in case it could get back that they released early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

Watching the livestream of the MW3 London launch, its so cringey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Shammy wrote: »
    ha ha i get told the same thing *if* i get a game early , they are just trying to cover themselves in case it could get back that they released early.

no harm done, Rank 21 now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Vargulf wrote: »
    Watching the livestream of the MW3 London launch, its so cringey.

It sure is :p

Acey just seems awkward with people :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Preorders top 6.5 million worldwide :eek: Crazy how big COD is atm.

Final pre order data is in for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, which will shortly become the biggest videogame launch of all time.

VGChartz estimates around 6.5 million pre orders have been placed on Modern Warfare 3, up 1.5 million over last year's Black Ops, and 2.2 million over the last Modern Warfare. Predictably, America sees the largest share of pre orders, holding just over 60%. Also - unsurprisingly - the X360 SKU managed 60% of total pre orders, with the PS3 version at 35% and the last 5% split between Wii and PC SKUs (moreso the latter, however).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

Modern Warfare in the reals!
    :cool:

http://ht.ly/1fwYun

Yep was posted earlier
    zero19 wrote: »

You'd think they would have got it in transit before today! What a pain getting rid of thousands of copies, when the game comes out less than 24 hours after the robbery. Someone didn't think that one through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Ugh.

2 minutes to go, in bed at home. Should have gone down, don't have college till 2 tomorrow.

Woke up this morning sick and just have no energy. Regardless, getting one of my friends to get it for me tomorrow. Just gotta get through 2-6 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

First person on MW3 that I've seen now and all I can think is Bastard! :P

180662.png

Dam you to hell everlast! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

zero19 wrote: »

Just waiting for an eBay listing to pop up saying ''Buy it Now - 5,998 available'' :p

How the feck are they gonna get rid of them :eek:

wheeeeeeee! :d here we go!

gamestop in Limerick was mobbed, was there at 11.20 and was 26th in line according to my ticket, they had a good system though, they let people pay for it before 12, then once 12 hit you had a ticket number and picked it up, meant queueing twice but I got i at just gone 12 so happy out.

• Advertisement

Playing it now, kill confirmed is a great game - really enjoying it. Graphics same as MW2 really, played a few of the levels but havent a clue where Im going.... long night yet!

m4a1 with silencer and kick = B E A S T :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

What can I say I feel let down big time, the game is good but it's nothing to get carried away with at all!

Leaderboards and ranking system is a joke , maps are very meh and in general it's just an average game exact same as mw2.

Early days yet but black ops multiplayer is better hands down, simple things like being able to edit your clantag properly and check scores etc mw3 shows no real improvements from mw2.

Quick scoping is back, camping is bigger than ever before, aswell as the over the top killstreaks.

I taught they were going back to basics, infinty ward will never top cod4.

Battleflag wrote: »
    Playing it now, kill confirmed is a great game - really enjoying it. Graphics same as MW2 really, played a few of the levels but havent a clue where Im going.... long night yet!

its funny watching people run into dead end rooms, look around and run out again, nobody knows their way around lol :pac:

playing the campaign for a while now, it looks pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Kill confirm is one of the best things, you get campers in any fps ESP launch day most people are getting you know maps and what not need to sleep now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

think I will get it...loved MW2 except for the dumbass no dedicated pc so will take a chance on it...Hated Blops and any Treyarch ****e they've pumped out so willing to give it a chance.
    I'm a diehard Battlefield fan but I still enjoy playing COD as I can differentiate between the two games as being completely differerent FPS games etc...it can't be any worse than BLOPs..can it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    think I will get it...loved MW2 except for the dumbass no dedicated pc so will take a chance on it...Hated Blops and any Treyarch ****e they've pumped out so willing to give it a chance.
    I'm a diehard Battlefield fan but I still enjoy playing COD as I can differentiate between the two games as being completely differerent FPS games etc...it can't be any worse than BLOPs..can it?

I am the same love both games tbh they give you great variety. I have to laugh at all the people who come on sayin Im so let down! WTF do people expect! We all knew it wouldn't be THAT GOOD. Scarecrow add me on steam if you wanna do some spec ops survival.

Kill confirmed prob the best part of the game on my first impression. Good mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Does it run as smoothly as mw2 ? How's the sound ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

SOund IMO is great, was just hiding in a container there are, and the echos/reverberation sounded awsome! 60FPS too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Runs better, Sound is amazing

Tallon wrote: »
    Runs better, Sound is amazing

Is there anywhere you can adust the surround sound settings like in Blops? In Blops you could select different modes like stereo surround sound system gaming headset etc?

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Does it run as smoothly as mw2 ? How's the sound ?

the ump? sounds speaker shaking. the scar is nommmmm.

anyone having problems claiming their founder status? when I go to callofduty.com/founder I log in then it asks me to register again, and then when I fill in the steps it just goes blank :confused: tried it on firefox, chrome and safari and same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

krudler wrote: »
    the ump? sounds speaker shaking. the scar is nommmmm.

anyone having problems claiming their founder status? when I go to callofduty.com/founder I log in then it asks me to register again, and then when I fill in the steps it just goes blank :confused: tried it on firefox, chrome and safari and same thing
    What does registering online give ya ? I just whacked my redeem code in and it gave me a little star emblem beside my tag I thought that was my founder status ?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

I reckon, imo, Survival Mode is the only thing that will keep people from trading it in soon after completing the campaign and playing the the mulitplayer (I have all other CoDs so if there was a good trade in deal for this I'd do it..multiplayer dosn't look much dfferent) just like Nazi Zombies did to me with BlOps, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Survival mode is awesome, the gun play is much better in MP then in MW2, a few campers but its launch day!! Havent touched campaign yet but i have only heard good things! Kick proficiency on P90 makes its a beast (overpowered slightly) UMP is a tank!!

The sounds from the guns when firing is savage!!

At the moment, i'm satisfied with the game!

Did anybody get double XP when they downloaded and ran the Elite App from the Xbox Live Markteplace?????

from elites facebook page :
    Call of Duty Elite
    We are currently having Call of Duty ELITE registration and login issues due to capacity. Please note the “password” error on login is being caused by a registration issue. You do not need to change your password. Also, don't worry, ELITE is still capturing all of your gameplay data and all of it will be waiting for you once these issues are resolved. Thanks for your patience and support.

Stay tuned to the Facebook page for more information or follow @CallofDutyELITE on Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I love the final killcam even though its not the 75th kill etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What password?
    Is it the password used to sign on to PSN?
    I only got the game at lunch so I don't really know what yer/I'm talking about!

the password to sign into call of duty elite

• Advertisement
Advertisement