Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'm just glad there's British characters again. Missed them in Black Ops. Generally dont tend to like American characters that much. Too yee-haa yankee dee doodle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Yeah the Brits make better COD characters, more 'genuine' tough I reckon. Wasn't there talk of MW3 featuring a kind've recreation of the Iranian Embassy siege from the eighties? Would definitely give more clout to the British storyline.

Also, how is that trailer still online!?!?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

niallon wrote: »
    Yeah the Brits make better COD characters, more 'genuine' tough I reckon. Wasn't there talk of MW3 featuring a kind've recreation of the Iranian Embassy siege from the eighties? Would definitely give more clout to the British storyline.

That was supposed to be in BO.

Blay wrote: »
    That was supposed to be in BO.

Thought it had got a mention somewhere alright. Would have loved a mission along those lines to feature, here's hoping it spilled over into MW3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

niallon wrote: »
    Thought it had got a mention somewhere. Would have loved a mission along those lines to feature, here's hoping it spilled over into MW3

Could probably be used as a flashback for one of the British characters..maybe:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

It's not that I hate American characters or anything, but there's no shortage of them in other games. The British characters add a bit of texture, something that's always set Modern Warfare apart. Helps emphasise the idea that it's a global conflict with more than one front and more than one kind of fight.

Officially uploaded in HD, seems the times scheduled were an hour off or my maths were!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well the British were in largely because of the three campaigns in the original COD games.

Trailer looks good...naturally.
    But will the game live up to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

/licks screen
    Trailer looks good...naturally.
    But will the game live up to it?

When has Mod Warfare not? 1&2 were pretty awesome imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭RebelSniper

I think it looks great, might even rival BFBC3 this year. Because they're using IWs server games gonna be smoother, graphics better and gameplay's gonna be better fun for us. Lets hope though we dont have stupid fanboys jumping on the devolepers back with "Power down Noobtubes" "We want quickscoping" and my personal favorite "Can we have built in aimbots, cos us fanboys are **** at this game."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I think it looks great, might even rival BFBC3 this year. Because they're using IWs server games gonna be smoother, graphics better and gameplay's gonna be better fun for us. Lets hope though we dont have stupid fanboys jumping on the devolepers back with "Power down Noobtubes" "We want quickscoping" and my personal favorite "Can we have built in aimbots, cos us fanboys are **** at this game."

BFBC2 is just hype, its always like that. When it comes down to it MW3 will sell a hundred times more and a hundred time more people will be playing it online.

Flojo wrote: »
    /licks screen

When has Mod Warfare not? 1&2 were pretty awesome imo.

MW2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    BFBC2 is just hype, its always like that. When it comes down to it MW3 will sell a hundred times more and a hundred time more people will be playing it online.

it ain't

and its Battlefield 3 that is coming out not BBFC2/3;)

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

But the Battlefield players will be making alot more noise online about their choice of FPS.

BF is to COD like what Megadet are to Metallica.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

BF is to COD like what Megadet are to Metallica.

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    there is like 3000 max online on that game.
    Thats a bit strange in fairness considering there are both ps3 and xbox 360 boards.ie gaming nights for BC2 and that has never been an issue, i play most evenings myself and its quiet rare to go to a map and servers not close to full.

anyways if competition brings either Battlefield or CODMW3 to a higher standard then who are we to complain as gamers as we are the winners overall.

before i leave i shall leave you a video of Battlefield awesomeness and only hope there are half as many exciting moments in Mw3 per min as i get in BC2.
    p.s. i have modern warfare 1 in my collection and play it a bit also as a diversion from BC;)

Who?
    Exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

anyways if competition brings either Battlefield or CODMW3 to a higher standard then who are we to complain as gamers as we are the winners overall.

Very true , its just a pity there are bringing out both in the same week. (i might be wrong but thats what i heard)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    They already are, over 50% of the comments on the video are them, and you know what? You can't get a game on BFBC anymore, there is like 3000 max online on that game.

My son plays it on 360 and never has an issue finding a game.
    More to the point , there are thousands of full servers on PC every day.
    BF has a massive PC community, the majority of original BF 1942, BF Vietnam and BF2 fans have stuck with the series right through to present day BFBC2 and BFBC2 Vietnam.
    This contrasts the PC COD community which took a large hit after mw2 and blops.
    Ofcourse this means nothing to most on this forum these days as the majority are console users but i just thought id remind AGB Ghost there is more to multiplayer gaming than what your aware of on your console :)
    Stating you cant get a BC2 game and only 3k playing the game is just wrong once you factor in PC , again im sure AGB Ghost was just speaking about consoles and forgot about PC :)
    Even still im not sure 3k is accurate for even one of the consoles?
    I could ofcourse be wrong :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Trailer looks ok, nothing given away tho. Graphically its gonna be exactly like MW2 i think, not really a concern for me but im sure others will whine about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I wonder if we got "dedi servers" would there then be a reluctant acceptance of the odd sh*tty perk or two in the overall scheme of things..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

everlast75 wrote: »
    I wonder if we got "dedi servers" would there then be a reluctant acceptance of the odd sh*tty perk or two in the overall scheme of things..

hahahahahahahahahahaha.....no

sierra117x wrote: »
    hahahahahahahahahahaha.....no

Ah I see....

So what you are saying is....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScY_okbjTkKaiHCbQpME1P0L4PHuev_uiKVM1J1VXmmWa2LAzk&t=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

looks pretty fcuking epic, more of the same but on a bigger scale, and the AC-130 is back , squeeee :D graphics look like they're on the same engine but with more polish and better textures. scuba diving mission? could be cool, and how cool did the train crash look.

please be good..
    please be good..

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Magill wrote: »
    Trailer looks ok, nothing given away tho. Graphically its gonna be exactly like MW2 i think, not really a concern for me but im sure others will whine about it.

Haha true.

__

Surprised no one besides Headshot agrees with the points I made last night. Perhaps we have a lot more ghost, 2nd chance, famas and 74u users on boards than I imagined :D

Shammy wrote: »
    Very true , its just a pity there are bringing out both in the same week. (i might be wrong but thats what i heard)

I heard it's the week after MW3 is released. Doesn't make much logical sense from a business standpoint. If they were smart about it, they'd release it around the Spring time, say March where for some COD tends go stale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I agree with it, the SMG clip size is something that pisses me off, the biggest reason why the 74u is so over used is this imo.

And yeah... i'd say the majority of people on here whore the famas or 74u.

I'll use BOPS for an example, if I used MW2 I'd be here for ages.
    • Reduce rate of fire on Famas + add more recoil, hip firing with it is a joke. - You'd have to reduce AUG too, no? Agreed though
    • Remove rapid fire from SMG's (namely the 74u) OR give it to the likes of the Mac and Uzi, the rest do not need it + add recoil to the AK74u. Rapid fire eats through the mag so there is a disadvantage (albeit countered by scavenger). 74u = UMP of MW2, so I would agree with the recoil. It does have a grip however, so there has to be an advantage with having the grip.
    • Make all SMG clips the same size, I frankly don't care if it's not the case IRL. Nothing wrong with that suggestion
    • Remove ghost. If people want to remain undetected, do something about it and shoot down air support. Couldn't agree more with this.
    • Second Chance, gtfo Ditto
    • Remove motion sensor Ditto
    Have I missed something? Probably, but I've mentioned BOPS issues before numerous times.

Heck I'm on a roll, I'll go with COD4 now -

(I'm unfamiliar so will keep my mouth shut on these :))

Both games need dedi servers but that's asking too much of Activision unfortunately.

Wholla, balanced.... IMHO

How's that ;)

P.S. My most used gun is the Galil.. used it from 1-10 prestige methinks and the reason I changed to Famas is because of the hip fire. Having said that - the Commando is still my favourite gun and will, without a doubt, be purchased in fetching Gold camo in due course!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

All right! I admit it! I'm the Lindbergh baby! Wah wah! Goo goo! I miss my fly-fly dada!

Also I whore the famas

I heard it's the week after MW3 is released. Doesn't make much logical sense from a business standpoint. If they were smart about it, they'd release it around the Spring time, say March where for some COD tends go stale.

Cod comes out on the Tuesday and from what i heard bf3 is out on the friday.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    All right! I admit it! I'm the Lindbergh baby! Wah wah! Goo goo! I miss my fly-fly dada!

Also I whore the famas

Ha ha i whore the 74u .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I'll use BOPS for an example, if I used MW2 I'd be here for ages.
    • Reduce rate of fire on Famas + add more recoil, hip firing with it is a joke.
    • Remove rapid fire from SMG's (namely the 74u) OR give it to the likes of the Mac and Uzi, the rest do not need it + add recoil to the AK74u.
    • Make all SMG clips the same size, I frankly don't care if it's not the case IRL.
    • Remove ghost. If people want to remain undetected, do something about it and shoot down air support.
    • Second Chance, gtfo
    • Remove motion sensor

Some of the guns do need a bita work.. There are to many guns that are good all rounders.. most guns should have only 1 advantage (good fire rate/long shot accuracy/low recoil) rather than 4 advantages like some do.

I shouldnt really say much coz I've turned into a famas whore.. Gonna try some sniping when I get back from hols thou.. I suck soo bad at it!

Tbf, with respect to ghost.. you cant just get rid of it.. how the hell are you supposed to take out air support (heli-chopters) without an array of bullets littering your carcass! Its a perk that is always gonna be in COD so ppl are gonna have to deal with it.. Its only a problem in blops coz of the tier its in..

2nd chance... obvi-fcking-usly!!

motion sensor.. it does promote camping so get rid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

There is a serious amount of what looks like player perspective vehicles in that game trailer. Between the ac130, there's a dingie, a ford transit van in the london underground, door gunner, and some sort of blue armoured car/van; like those used for carrying money/gold.

Also the parts in London look so much cooler/better than those stateside as I can relate more to them. Only hope they're actually incorporated well into the story line and not tacked on like the Brazil part in mw2 just to get people from those areas interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hypermuse wrote: »

Tbf, with respect to ghost.. you cant just get rid of it.. how the hell are you supposed to take out air support (heli-chopters) without an array of bullets littering your carcass! Its a perk that is always gonna be in COD so ppl are gonna have to deal with it.. Its only a problem in blops coz of the tier its in..

pretty easy

If you die from air support you have a window of a few seconds to destroy the air support with a strella or somthing along those lines

If people actually took down the air support we wouldnt be having this discussion

Tbh I rarely use the Aug unless I pick it up, and it's very rare. I know the fire rate is similar. But is hip fire spread the same? I don't think so, could be wrong though. But yes, if it's identical to the Famas it should be nerfed.

I'm a huge fan of the 74u due to COD4. When it was announced/shown to be in BOPS, I was delighted and for near 4 prestiges I used that mainly. Then I copped on and realised it was a cheap way of playing the game. Unless picked up or for the contract(which I don't need anymore), I do not use it from the off.
    Still, it's my no.1 gun when it comes to kills though which irks me -_- Trying my damnedest to get the AK47 to no.1. 2k kills difference though. Lack of motivation to play the game is denting that plan though.

I don't mind the gun in it's normal state, just with rapid fire. Clip size is unfair but I can live with it.

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Also I whore the famas

I honestly don't mind if you whore those guns considering what I've heard your connection is like, similar to that of what Lee's was. Fair game in that regards.

I'm more talking about those players who simply refuse to sway away from the most overpoweredpopular guns and are usually on great connections. I just don't see the fun in it. Then those who brag about it and have to PM their stats and so on with it being their most used gun :D

COD should not be based around the use of a couple of a perks or gun is my main point. There's a reason why at competitive level its Famas vs Famas. Stand to be corrected but the 74u was removed from the majority of the leagues due to clip size and rapid fire attachment being abused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

The Aug is my go to gun when I'm playing bad, not guna lie it's bloody awesome, but nowhere near as good as the Famas when it comes to hip firing.

I kinda like Black Ops sniping, maybe reduce the random sway a little bit than it is. They definitely need to fix hit detection, as any sniper should be a 1hit kill from the chest upwards. I've lost count the number of times I've hit a guy square in the nose and he's had a chance to kill me, and other times I've hit a guy in the knee and his head blows up :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I don't really see the problem with one gun having an advantage over another like the aug and famas having superior rire rates over other ARs and the ak74u being the best smg more to do with the players style of play.

If I'm up against ghost campers using silenced guns of those above going for cheap kills in an objective game I'll use my dual mags ak74u and scold them up close.

You can't lay blame solely on the guns/perks/equipment for the way the community uses them. It's down to the game not being balanced for lack of playtesting and not penalising cheap play.

I've said that along with all other stats they should have an average distance travelled per game and average speed. If someone camps then both their distance travelled and speed will be low. If someone is cautious or defending an objective then only one should be low. You can then place the offending player on your avoid list and play the game as was intended with other like minded players.

• Advertisement

hypermuse wrote: »
    Some of the guns do need a bita work.. There are to many guns that are good all rounders.. most guns should have only 1 advantage (good fire rate/long shot accuracy/low recoil) rather than 4 advantages like some do.

I shouldnt really say much coz I've turned into a famas whore.. Gonna try some sniping when I get back from hols thou.. I suck soo bad at it!

2nd chance... obvi-fcking-usly!!

motion sensor.. it does promote camping so get rid!

As Headshot said.

Stopping power was the one thing that forced players into making a conscious decision between that and cold blooded/ghost. Without it. Well as can be seen in BOPS, it dominates tier 1 as you said so much so that it's a detriment to the game. A game that's already slow, and making it slower.

As I said with COD4, while it had issues for sure at least the pace of the game for the vast majority of it's life span has been maintained. MW2 was a mixed bag, just depends on who you played with and who you faced. BLOPS is for the most part, *overly slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

This worries me (taken from the developers twitter)

Some one wrote "Maybe a new "Pro" perk for Ghost Pro should disable the Killcam for all enemies killed? Ppl lemm know your thoughts? "

and the developers reply "Explain further. So anyone you kill doesn't see a killcam (and give away your location), when using this? Seems good for snipers."

redman85 wrote: »

Some one wrote "Maybe a new "Pro" perk for Ghost Pro should disable the Killcam for all enemies killed? Ppl lemm know your thoughts? "

and the developers reply "Explain further. So anyone you kill doesn't see a killcam (and give away your location), when using this? Seems good for snipers."

Nooooooo! christ on a freakin unicycle why do they keep thinking helping campers is a good idea?! thats what Hardcore TDM is for is you dont want killcams and want to camp your ass off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

redman85 wrote: »

I kinda like this idea and ill tell ya why

I believe ghost should be only used for snipping and in majority of cod games snipers arent cared about and I think this will increase the hard scopers

Of course they have to make sure there isnt any chance of QS

I'm more talking about those players who simply refuse to sway away from the most overpoweredpopular guns and are usually on great connections. I just don't see the fun in it.

I'm not going to apologise for the gun i use or my connection , fun in this game is for me to win and win as quickly as possible :)

As Headshot said.

Stopping power was the one thing that forced players into making a conscious decision between that and cold blooded/ghost. Without it. Well as can be seen in BOPS, it dominates tier 1 as you said so much so that it's a detriment to the game. A game that's already slow, and making it slower.

As I said with COD4, while it had issues for sure at least the pace of the game for the vast majority of it's life span has been maintained. MW2 was a mixed bag, just depends on who you played with and who you faced. BLOPS is for the most part, *overly slow.

the only guns I ever ran without stopping power on a class were the SCAR and SPAS, because they didnt need it, the SCAR has a sh1tty mag size but it can drop people in 2-3 shots even without stopping power, with extended mags on its an utter beast of a gun.

Blops is definitely more slow paced than COD4 or MW2, I dont mind a slower paced game mode like S&D or something but when you're in a ground war and its 30 seconds into the match before a kill is gotten its kinda crazy, but then on the other hand MW2 is just constant mayhem on bigger games, ground wars are just killstreak after killstreak, I like it at times, utter insanity from start to finish but it gets a bit overwhelming at times, specially when you're getting killed by noobtubes every 5 seconds.

yimrsg wrote: »
    I don't really see the problem with one gun having an advantage over another like the aug and famas having superior rire rates over other ARs and the ak74u being the best smg more to do with the players style of play.

If I'm up against ghost campers using silenced guns of those above going for cheap kills in an objective game I'll use my dual mags ak74u and scold them up close.

You can't lay blame solely on the guns/perks/equipment for the way the community uses them. It's down to the game not being balanced for lack of playtesting and not penalising cheap play.

I've said that along with all other stats they should have an average distance travelled per game and average speed. If someone camps then both their distance travelled and speed will be low. If someone is cautious or defending an objective then only one should be low. You can then place the offending player on your avoid list and play the game as was intended with other like minded players.

Sigh, I for one am not doing that. It's both the community and the game developers fault. Your giving the community far too much credit just like the few here who blame the community for all MW2's fault (but yet funny enough they blame Treyarch in the main for a lot of their issues, but that's another topic).

There's no problem with one gun having an advantage over another. But that's not the point here when talking about the Famas or 74u.

I've explained why it's better so I won't go into that again. It's not some kinda misconception or anything like that, it's what 6 or 7 months since the game has been released and there's no doubting the Famas and 74u are by far the most used gun. MLG and the competitive scene says it all with what's the no.1 gun used. People are kidding themselves if they think otherwise.

It's a bit tiring at this stage going into a game with say my PM63, FAL or Mac and coming up against full teams pretty much using Famas and 74u.

Least in MW2 there was a wider selection you'd come across( ACR, M4, Famas, UMP, P90, Intervention and Scar H) it's lifespan, so credit where credit is due.

MW2 definitely has a better selection of guns that are more widely used, you dont see as many SMG's as assault rifles but you have the ACR, TAr, SCAR, M16, Famas as main weapons. hell I even use the F2000 at times, stick arctic camo and a red dot on it and it looks fcuking class. UMP45 is overused but its a savage little gun so you can see why, I do like to play around with different weapon combos, was rocking akimbo mp5k's and a striker one night and it was a fantastic class.

Shammy wrote: »
    I'm not going to apologise for the gun i use or my connection , fun in this game is for me to win and win as quickly as possible :)

.. and that's fair enough. I rather not be dependent on the same repetitive stuff and would love to see people outside their comfort zone. I get more joy and find it more fun doing well with a Mac, PM63 or FAL then a Famas or 74u, where's it basically on cruise control.

I'm clearly in the minority when it comes to this debate and I accept that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Just saw the MW3 trailer and to be fair to IW it does look better than MW2 but I am not going to get ripped off again with €15 map packs and buggy multiplayer :)

Advertisement