Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting Wireless video sender to new tv

• 07-01-2011 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi all, I'm looking for some help connecting my sky box to a new tv using a wireless video sender. I've connected up the transmitter and receiver to the appropriate devices and then ran the setup on the new tv. When it came to scanning for channels, no channels were detected and there is no picture on the new tv. I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how to get this sorted? Thanks:)

Do I need to have a terrestial arial connected for this to work as there isn't one wired in the room.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

What make is it? You generally have to match the frequencies on each,usually marked A,B,C. If the sender is on A, the receiver has to be the same.The sender can be plugged into the spare scart socket on the Skybox.Is the receiver plugged into a scart socket on the tv? If so all you need do is switch your tv to the scart input (usually AV1).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 spiral2010

Thanks for that, I'll try switching tv to av1... fingers crossed!

I've gone into the main menu and source and there is no option for av? The tv is a toshiba regza 32". I've read the manual from cover to cover and tried every switch and option on the remote but no luck? Can anybody think of where I could be going wrong?

Ok, I messed around a bit more and have a picture but the remote control isn't working very well. Is this normal? I have moved the infra red gadget around a bit but it only works sometimes and when its close up. Sorry for all the stupid questions...I'm a complete technophobe!

The wireless sender is a SLx 5.8GHz model, bought in soundstore. Does anyone else have this one and if so do you find it difficult to use remote control on 2nd tv? Thanks again:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement