Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any boxing clubs in Drogheda?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

I was wondering does anyone know or have any experiences with boxing clubs in the Drogheda area.

Im just looking for something to keep myself moving after a christmas of gluttony :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

Yup, up in the Twenties. In towards Moneymore, keep left for Lawrences Pk, there on the right. Long established club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

West street every saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

holy family in ballsgrove .

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Long history of boxing in drawda. What about kung fu?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dagb20

Two boxing clubs in Drogheda - one in Balsgrove and one in the Twenties. But unless you intent to actual box in tournaments they may not want you. They don't generally allow the club to be used by people just to get fit. It doesn't matter if you boxed ten years ago, if your not going to box in 2011 they may not want you as they enough members to be worrying about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭daithi09

I was thinking about taking up boxing and from the last post it looks like i might have to go into a few tournaments? Anyway I have no experience so doubtful that they'd throw me in a ring! Would they take beginners in their midtwenties?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

The boxing clubs do not have 'lay' members per-se, it would be hard to match someone in their mid 20s in the ring because most people at that weight are very advanced, however it may be easier if you are very light in weight

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭daithi09

That's the hard bit, I'm 13stone and it's not mostly muscle unfortunately! So i doubt they could match me into any fights because i would just be killed.. aw well, will look into mma maybe..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Sure me and daithi can get together and form our own boxing club :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Do you think they would take a newbie who wants to get into boxing competitivly? Im pretty fit and strong for my weight and Im interested in taking it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭footie_fanatic

holy family is prob the main one

Advertisement