Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

duplicate thread please delete

• 07-01-2011 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hey everyone

I was wondering if anyone has any dealing with bilberry stoves and some issues. We bought one locally ( 10kw ) about 10 weeks ago and we lit approx 12 fires in it, the first 6 were very small to get it going. On the other occassions its setting the smoke alarms off in the house with smoke coming from it and filling up the room.
    It was installed via my uncle who has done about a dozen of them, the chimney was cleaned out before hand also.
    On the last fire before christmas the firerope came off the doors and we havent used it since. Im going back to the retailer tomorrow to discuss options.

Funny thing is the missus parent bought one a few weeks before us and there is also smoking, and also there try for ash has came apart.

All in all a very poor experience with these stoves and it put a dampner on things for xmas as it was our main living room we used mainly and had to use oil for heating.

Anything anyone recommend i should do when i return to the retailer or has anyone has these issues with bilberry, i cant find a customer service number for them anywhere.

Much appeciated

Advertisement