Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs Youngsters

Options
  • 07-01-2011 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd start thisbecause I have been impressed with a lot of the younger players sent out on loan,
    Steven Caulker I really think this guy could be a huge player for us he's always amongst the action for Bristol City gets the odd goal and hopefully he can come through.

Danny Rose and Androsterone Townsend have had a tougher time getting games Rose was injured and is finding it hard to het back in the team and Townsend was recently recalled from his loan due to his limited playing time.

Kyle Walker just got a loan to villa and could make the game this weekend after a hugely impressive spell on loan with QPR.

Kyle Naughton who hasn't been quiet as good as walker but he's on loan now until the end of the season and has been pretty impressive so far at leicster.

Jake Livermore has been a regular starter for Ipswich and has gotten a lot I'd of experience I think he could be excellent as well.

Obika doesn't seem to be doing quiet as well but he is still very young and has plenty of time to come good

Harry Kane has been hugely impressive for the academy and is now going on loan to petersborough and I really hope he can impress on loan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

At the moment, and as I mentioned in the summer ;), I think Walker is our best prospect. He is big, strong, quick and had a good pre-season, and has done great at QPR. The loan move to Villa can only be good for him, assuming he will play and not warm the bench. Remember, he wasn't brought through the Academy, we paid a fortune for him and his mate from Sheff Utd.
    Im not sure about Naughton. He seems very light, and has yet to convince me. In saying that, he is doing well at the minute too.

As for Rose, I dont think he is up to Prem League standard. He is probably Championship standard, but I cant talk negative of him after what he did last season v the Goons :D

Livermore, not up to it from what I have seen. Will probably make a decent Championship player.

Caulker has been excellent according to all reports. He was superb at Yeovil, and has been very good again this season at Bristol, a possible Spurs centre half in the making.

Townsend did ok at Ipswich, still not convinced though.
    Obika as above, still not convinced.

Harry Kane has had great reviews, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Harry Kane has been hugely impressive for the academy and is now going on loan to petersborough and I really hope he can impress on loan.

Kane is gone on loan to Orient.

Harry made a very good point a few months back bout young players going on loan, He said that it was up to them to prove themselves at lower league clubs and that if they couldn;t make it there they had no chance at Spurs. Obvious enough I know but still think it's no harm for him to spell it out.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Kane is gone on loan to Orient.

Harry made a very good point a few months back bout young players going on loan, He said that it was up to them to prove themselves at lower league clubs and that if they couldn;t make it there they had no chance at Spurs. Obvious enough I know but still think it's no harm for him to spell it out.

Good point, but I still think the lack of a reserve side is silly. Are we expected to loan out every player we have that might not be in the first team squad ? I always thought the reserve side was very handy for keeping the likes of Niko sharp when not playing regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Walker just scored v Sheffield UTD for Villa

He played a big part in there second too and already people are giving out that an option to buy wasn't included in the loan deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Leicester have extended the loan of Tottenham defender Kyle Naughton until the end of the season. Naughton was due to return to WHL Sunday before a deal was agreed to retain his services.

Naughton just had a brilliant game against City he really was brilliant and at fault for niether of the goals

Harry said after the game Townsend will be off on loan again next week he looked good today hopefully a team like west brom or Wigan would be interested in taking him on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

i think walker has a decent chance of becoming our first choice right back for the start of next season at the rate he is progressing

caulker may become a useful squad member or else maybe a loan to a premiership club

townsend has a lotta skill on the ball but not convinced about his all round game

naughton its hard to say....could yet develop but for now he is a distance behind walker

livermore looks like a solid all rounder possibly more championship class than premiership

bostock is another tough one to call.....moments of brilliance followed by long periods of silence.....young enough to iron out his faults but a lotta question marks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Danny Rose scored today according to SSN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Hopefully Caulker will have triffic season with Swansea and will come into our first team next season. I'd imagine he'd be getting plenty of game time anyways to show his worth.

THFC wrote: »
    Hopefully Caulker will have triffic season with Swansea and will come into our first team next season. I'd imagine he'd be getting plenty of game time anyways to show his worth.
    Ya i see caulker as our next big player that's come through the academy. Hopefully Harry Kane can get a loan again this season he scored 5 in 18 for Yeovil last year I don't know if he needs another season in league one or if he'd be able for the championship. He's another one I think will be a really big player for us.
    Also in fairness to Harry he always trys to send the players to clubs that will use them frequently. I do wonder will some players be kept to be used in the Europa league as well as the next gen series.

Tom Carroll btw is also meant to be a real gem.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    At the moment, and as I mentioned in the summer ;), I think Walker is our best prospect. He is big, strong, quick and had a good pre-season, and has done great at QPR. The loan move to Villa can only be good for him, assuming he will play and not warm the bench. Remember, he wasn't brought through the Academy, we paid a fortune for him and his mate from Sheff Utd.
    Im not sure about Naughton. He seems very light, and has yet to convince me. In saying that, he is doing well at the minute too.

As for Rose, I dont think he is up to Prem League standard. He is probably Championship standard, but I cant talk negative of him after what he did last season v the Goons :D

Livermore, not up to it from what I have seen. Will probably make a decent Championship player.

Caulker has been excellent according to all reports. He was superb at Yeovil, and has been very good again this season at Bristol, a possible Spurs centre half in the making.

Townsend did ok at Ipswich, still not convinced though.
    Obika as above, still not convinced.

Harry Kane has had great reviews, fingers crossed.

Hopefully I was wrong about Rose because he was brilliant towards the end of last season at left full, could give BAE a run for his money.

I think it's been great to see for the first time since I have supported a club young players genuinely being given a chance Luongo, Kane, Carroll, Townsend, Rose all players apart from Rose have all come through the Academy and Caulker as well who has been the shining light although I'm worried that he seems to get injured a bit :( I know this time he knocked his knee against the post stopping a goal going in but he had his injury at the end of last season as well:(

Advertisement