Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 11! Game ON!

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Dropping out of Div 2 with 52.4146 ranking points but better facilities and some much better educated players. Hopefully the decisions and plans made now will have a bigger shot at influencing the games I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

but there going with the relegation and promotion first ya so are some of the bots getting relegation first?
    i dont think im ready for div.iii though so i dont want to go up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

seanand wrote: »
    but there going with the relegation and promotion first ya so are some of the bots getting relegation first?
    i dont think im ready for div.iii though so i dont want to go up

If i was being brutal I would say I don't think you'd do great - but I do think you would survive if you targeted matches and got tactics spot on. would be a struggle though.

A couple of solid purchases would sort you out. I survived in DIV III for first couple of seasons with a lock very similar to yours for instance.

There are some very weak teams in div III. if you go up set out a plan and pick teams you think you could beat. and plan your LTNT usage...could be vital. I have been caught with pants down against teams in league with that which has cost me.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I was promoted to div III after a bot flush, and didn't think i'd do too well. I now have a second place and a third place since. Just pick up a few solid purchases, and work on tactics. Sure, you've nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Yeah I was promoted from Div V to Div III during the last bing bot flush, and I have only finished out side the top 4 once in 3 seasons. Its all about picking ur matching and LTNT those ones... For get wasting energy on the that you've got no hope with..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

eoferrall wrote: »
    If i was being brutal I would say I don't think you'd do great - but I do think you would survive if you targeted matches and got tactics spot on. would be a struggle though.

A couple of solid purchases would sort you out. I survived in DIV III for first couple of seasons with a lock very similar to yours for instance.

There are some very weak teams in div III. if you go up set out a plan and pick teams you think you could beat. and plan your LTNT usage...could be vital. I have been caught with pants down against teams in league with that which has cost me.:o
    thanks for the encouragement guys but id be very lucky not the auto relegate and to be honest id probaly mark it down to try tactics and earm extra igt, not that i wouldnt do what your saying, but it wouldnt be a total waste of a year. i really dont want to go up.
    are you saying my locks weak or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

thanks for the encouragement guys but id be very lucky not the auto relegate and to be honest id probaly mark it down to try tactics and earm extra igt, not that i wouldnt do what your saying, but it wouldnt be a total waste of a year. i really dont want to go up.

Dude quit your bellyaching and get up to div 3 and kick ass up there. I really hate the "im not ready" or "i might lose" attitude from people when faced with promotion to harder leagues that has been going on here for a long time. If you lose, you lose but go down swinging.

no I am saying your 207 lock is perfectly fine for Div III I had a lock (and only selling him now as trained up younger better guys) with similar CSR and he performed great. From a quick scan of your team while the CSR is low enough the stats seem good.

I promoted after only a season in Div IV and have been in the top 4 of the league every season since.

GET YOUR FINGER OUT as jonny says!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I wouldn't bother playing the game if your afraid of going up. And I guarantee your team could survive in almost any league after the bot flush. Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I'll run a test on it over the next two weeks.

Here's what I'm thinking:
    Take a young player who's receiving no individual sessions. Give him 1 L4 session in a particular skill, and note the csr increase from individual training.
    Next week, give the same attribute 1 session at L5, and note the csr increase again.
    Ok, results are in. On week 1 the player gained 60 csr from a L4 session. On week 2, he gained 73 csr from a L5 session. That's a gain of 21.666%
    I'm going to assume that the 1.6% is the result of the non-linear nature of csr, so I'm saying that session-for-session, L5 is 20% faster than L4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Hope this bot flush doesn't move me to anywhere too exotic, I've got the measure of the teams in my league now and it's nicely balanced. A sideways shift would just have me in an unknown land again with no rivalries.

Ok, results are in. On week 1 the player gained 60 csr from a L4 session. On week 2, he gained 73 csr from a L5 session. That's a gain of 21.666%
    I'm going to assume that the 1.6% is the result of the non-linear nature of csr, so I'm saying that session-for-session, L5 is 20% faster than L4.

interesting - might invest so.

from training my first u20 player for the s12 WC he started on lvl 2 but the 4 that are way ahead of the others all had lvl 5 and have total gains of about 320% and then couple of us on 280%ish and then others way behind.

so does seem to pay off over time but not immediately apparent?

interesting - might invest so.

from training my first u20 player for the s12 WC he started on lvl 2 but the 4 that are way ahead of the others all had lvl 5 and have total gains of about 320% and then couple of us on 280%ish and then others way behind.

so does seem to pay off over time but not immediately apparent?
    Sounds about right. Again, because of the compound nature of CSR, a little improvement adds up to a lot over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Balls I let my premium membership run out as I cant afford it till next week, and now I cant see my training reports, or pops on the squad list :(

Sounds about right. Again, because of the compound nature of CSR, a little improvement adds up to a lot over time.

whats the weekly costs of the lvl5 facilities and trainers? just trying to figure out costs!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

whats the weekly costs of the lvl5 facilities and trainers? just trying to figure out costs!:D

If you can afford it go for it I just opened a LVL5 and the benefit in CSR increase is good.

Scrummage wrote: »
    If you can afford it go for it I just opened a LVL5 and the benefit in CSR increase is good.

whats the costs - trying to figure out if I can afford weekly costs. have enough for construction advertising etc for staff in bank after upgrading stadium etc

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

Looking at 100K approx a week

Keane scored an 82nd minute winning try against Ballina Bohs to promote Bogwarriors to the second division. After the match, Bobarena pulled him aside to offer him a spot on the U20 squad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Keane scored an 82nd minute winning try against Ballina Bohs to promote Bogwarriors to the second division.

It was a great finish to the match. Welcome to II.3!

• Advertisement
Advertisement