Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 11! Game ON!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

http://blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=10084366

1 million for that guy - dreamer of the year?!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

eoferrall wrote: »
    http://blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=10084366

1 million for that guy - dreamer of the year?!:D

Typo? I hope so...even the typo is hopeful...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

He must have meant 100,000 and put in the extra 0. At least I'd hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I'm guessing i'd handily beat a one-click team from div IV, with my seconds on wnwim? OR should i push for normal?

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=6176941

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    I'm guessing i'd handily beat a one-click team from div IV, with my seconds on wnwim? OR should i push for normal?

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=6176941

You'll be grand on WNWIM I would say.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=6176958
    I went seconds and a few firsts who I hadn't played much due to resting them for the bigger games and at WNWIM. should easily do it imo.

• Advertisement

Went LTNT against a fellow Div 2 team. Have an edge in the stars but my best player has a lower CSR than his worst! so we will have to see.....

Edit: BOOM!! won 22-3. delighted, with my expectation to lose at least 12 league games this year, I need every contentment boost I can get!!

And just noticed, the win took me to #1 in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown! first time ever. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Out of the cup :( Lost 25-20 to a team from my league.

Through! Playing another div III team, who i THINK i could beat..!

Either way, It's gonna be a tight game..

Gutted, Cork southsiders from Div 1 next in the cup. guess cup run ends next wednesday!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Out of the cup, lost to Cheinster. But i did WNWIM so im not to annoyed, and to be fair they would of beaten me even if I was going full throttle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Got a very interesting tie in next round of the cup against the Glynn Galacticos. He's got a couple of U20 trainees from the S10 campaign and ive a few important league games coming up. Decision time, cup or league.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Oisinjm wrote: »
    I drew Yermen in the cup. Bad buzz. Bye bye cup run

Tough break Oisinjm

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

MarVeL wrote: »
    Tough break Oisinjm

Just went WNWIM to save energy and threw out most of my seconds. Didn't see the point haha

Disgusted. Playing top team in division and if i had played full team i could have taken him. Instead my 2nds are getting a hammering. Missed opportunity.

I've picked up a few injuries to crucial players in this game...

Not looking good for cup game on wed!

Delighted. Just having wnim all league games surprised opponents with ltnt. Got a b p win! First points of the season for me!

20pts out of 20. great start to season. top 4 full pts, rest zero pts!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

lost 24-22...was winning 22-7 at one stage :(

Outhalf missed a drop goal in front of the posts with seconds left on the clock...also had a try disallowed

gutted....was going to LTNT him too. still picked up my first point of the season

daheff wrote: »
    lost 24-22...was winning 22-7 at one stage :(

Outhalf missed a drop goal in front of the posts with seconds left on the clock...also had a try disallowed

gutted....was going to LTNT him too. still picked up my first point of the season

that was nearly the upset of the season. hard luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

that was nearly the upset of the season. hard luck.

If he'd played his first team it would have been...he played mostly 2nds....gutted now...really shoulda beaten him

I guess its back to me getting whupped again next week, eh johnnysmack? ;)

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    I guess its back to me getting whupped again next week, eh johnnysmack? ;)

Depends how wednesday pans out first....

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Interesting week for me. Still in the cup which is a plus but got hockeyed in the league(as I expected to be honest) and am rooted to the bottom at present.

On the other hand for the first normal week ever my revenue topped a million!

Ok question for the boardsies to help me decide.

have Cork southsiders tonight in the cup, picked out the team I think he will put out via looking at his squad fitness levels and prior cup matches. He LTNT'd on sat I am fairly sure as his first xv are fairly low in energy so I think I am safe in that he wont play most of them, my first team is in good health, average of supercharged. and in good form. also the team I think he will put out has an overall CSR less than mine. I think he might normal, but i can go LTNT to give myself the best chance of winning, but that means letting clontarf in the league on sat have a win really as I can't LTNT twice in a row.

Which would you good folk go for, normal cup and continue to compete in the league? or LTNT cup, hope i get easier opposition next week and just aim for top four in league? the next few weeks I have the top 3 in my league, perfect timing eh?! :(

Ok question for the boardsies to help me decide.

have Cork southsiders tonight in the cup, picked out the team I think he will put out via looking at his squad fitness levels and prior cup matches. He LTNT'd on sat I am fairly sure as his first xv are fairly low in energy so I think I am safe in that he wont play most of them, my first team is in good health, average of supercharged. and in good form. also the team I think he will put out has an overall CSR less than mine. I think he might normal, but i can go LTNT to give myself the best chance of winning, but that means letting clontarf in the league on sat have a win really as I can't LTNT twice in a row.

Which would you good folk go for, normal cup and continue to compete in the league? or LTNT cup, hope i get easier opposition next week and just aim for top four in league? the next few weeks I have the top 3 in my league, perfect timing eh?! :(

I think at this stage in the cup, you have to assume your oppenents next week will be tough.

But the energy hit for LTNT in the cup isn't huge. I would LTNT tonight and give up the league game this week. (assuming you can do that and still be top 4ish)

The fixtures are set up so that your key league games hit at the same time as the business end of the cup...hate it.

crisco10 wrote: »
    I think at this stage in the cup, you have to assume your oppenents next week will be tough.

But the energy hit for LTNT in the cup isn't huge. I would LTNT tonight and give up the league game this week. (assuming you can do that and still be top 4ish)

The fixtures are set up so that your key league games hit at the same time as the business end of the cup...hate it.

Should be fine in the league, cut out my slow starts to the season costing me points. the top 4 in my league are all on full pts and the bottom four on zero.

Didn't know the LTNT for cup was not as severe, was LTNT changed and I missed it? i have not used LTNT in a long time, so I am recalling from back when they changed it from the effectiveness % to energy basis.

The fixtures really need to be looked at, play all the lower ranked teams and then the higher ranked teams is odd, should be mixed and random so can use energy more effectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

You should ask Finbar how he is going to play against you, he is a boardsie afterall ;)

jprender wrote: »
    You should ask Finbar how he is going to play against you, he is a boardsie afterall ;)

he posted here what once?! :D

Token boardsie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

LTNT tonight, and then if you draw me in the next round of the cup, LTNT your league match on Saturday aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

20pts out of 20. great start to season. top 4 full pts, rest zero pts!:pac:

I think we can safely say it will stay that way. WNWIM here we go. I thinK I play u in 2 weeks

• Advertisement

Scrummage wrote: »
    I think we can safely say it will stay that way. WNWIM here we go. I thinK I play u in 2 weeks

WNWIM it is indeed! yeah I play clontarf this week and then you the week after.

have a chance here: myself on the right
    picture.php?albumid=1111&pictureid=8765

Advertisement