Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 11! Game ON!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

eoferrall wrote: »
    interesting one - anyone had this before?

have guy training to be FB/winger, always got high ratings there and the tick saying right position etc. today he got an x in FB?:confused:

is his international career over already?! :eek: haha!

release him...hes not cut out for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Happens sometimes if he doesnt play well or in bad form. Wouldnt worry about it.

He's in decent form (I think), wasnt too worried about it as he has all the stats right etc so was going to keep playing him there and see if it continually happened.

Thanks for confirming its not soemthing weird like him demanding to play in a different position!
    daheff wrote: »
    release him...hes not cut out for it :D

yeah that's not going to happen..rapidly approaching my highest CSR player! :D wana buy him!?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

yeah that's not going to happen..rapidly approaching my highest CSR player! :D wana buy him!?;)

nah...dont want your duds!! :p

one bad game and hes cut...tough manager

daheff wrote: »
    nah...dont want your duds!! :p

one bad game and hes cut...tough manager

Its the only way for improvement - slacking not accepted.

bring him down to earth from U20 selection etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Hey guys, Didnt want to start a new topic for this question, But what happens when season 11 ends? Theres only 3 more league games left, but then what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

TheJims wrote: »
    Hey guys, Didnt want to start a new topic for this question, But what happens when season 11 ends? Theres only 3 more league games left, but then what?

If your in the top four then you are in the play-offs. Semi final followed by final/3rd place play-off. Both are in week 15 (semis on Wednesday, Final Saturday).

If you win the league final you either auto-promote or have a promotion qualifier on the Wednesday of week 16. This depends on your position in the promotion tables (look at your league page). Teams above the line auto-promote, teams below play the qualifier.

If you are 5th or 6th you play in the promotion qualifiers against a team trying to promote (Wed W.16). If you win you stay in the same league, if you lose the team you play takes your place and your relegated.

Finally, if your 7th or 8th you are relegated and there are no more matches after the regular season ends in week 14.

Edit: there are also friendly competitions such as the community challenge in week16. You can sign up for the CC on the link below, takes place in the friendly slot Monday week 16 and pits Irish teams (and the Dutch) against South African teams.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/global.clubrooms.php#conversation=32766&z=4797

I think both I and my Team are both a bit green for such things for now!

Maybe in 2 seasons when i can atleast comfortably beat Bot teams ill give them a go!

TheJims wrote: »
    I think both I and my Team are both a bit green for such things for now!

Maybe in 2 seasons when i can atleast comfortably beat Bot teams ill give them a go!

By playing them you will get better. the monday friendlies will provide your team if more IGT than playing nothing and also you will gain experience as to what works. don't worry about losses etc as they have very little impact on contentment etc from monday games.

and sure if you are playing bots, then you could surprise one or two of the higher teams with a LTNT! ;)

By playing them you will get better. the monday friendlies will provide your team if more IGT than playing nothing and also you will gain experience as to what works. don't worry about losses etc as they have very little impact on contentment etc from monday games.

and sure if you are playing bots, then you could surprise one or two of the higher teams with a LTNT! ;)

Quality advice as always lads. might throw my hat at it... theres no harm i guess..

scrummage WNWIM?

(at least I think scrummage manages the couch potatoes!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Hey Yerman, make or break game tomorrow, winner almost guarunteed to avoid automatic relegation. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

This down time is a bit mad these days, it's quite the regular occurrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Its back now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Last minute drop goal means I've avoided automatic relegation once again :)

Bring on the qualifiers!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Got a win today, so going into the last game with a 1 point advantage over the team I have to play next weekend for that final playoff place.

Just spotted that next weekends opponent has rested his first team this week, so we should have 2 fully energized squads going at it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

It'll be very close alright, real winner takes all. I think you should be ok though. A win next week will give me 2nd place, or if the 3rd place team loses( against 1st)

I lost today, but picked up a losing BP with a last minute try.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

scrummage WNWIM?

(at least I think scrummage manages the couch potatoes!)

I forgot to set tactics but saw you won anyway. I will try to beat clontarf in the last game in league and will WNWIM in the play off against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Just started constructing Level 4 training facilities. I feel so grown up! :D:D

Considering I will be getting auto relegated at the end of the season, not sure how wise a move it was. How and ever. Spent long enough atagonising over it.

crisco10 wrote: »
    Just started constructing Level 4 training facilities. I feel so grown up! :D:D

Considering I will be getting auto relegated at the end of the season, not sure how wise a move it was. How and ever. Spent long enough atagonising over it.

I did it and never looked back. Defo worth it!

Scrummage wrote: »
    I forgot to set tactics but saw you won anyway. I will try to beat clontarf in the last game in league and will WNWIM in the play off against you.

Do you not want to promote? I presume you were WNIWM also last weekend? Despite no confirmation i went with it anyway as I decided I would save energy for playoffs be they home or away.

Not sure about promoting myself but kinda want to give it a shot, see if I can stay up. fecked around in Div III too long I reckon.

I beat Clontarf half way mark, but went WNWIM against him this time and got spanked! :D reckon he went LTNT this time as wanted the win. If I can remember the tactics I used against him earlier I reckon I can take him. else I will have to study him again.

• Advertisement

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    I did it and never looked back. Defo worth it!

yup big improvement over lvl3... i'm considering lvl5 but there is a thread on the global lounge about it not being that great an improvement. might have to pick JP's mind about it!

Yea i found a thread on the Spanish offsite when i had my guy on the U-20s, and the only real benefit is the additional, or 30th training spot. The actual training benefits etc are minimal.

I really will not be going near lvl 5 for a long time. Can't justify spending that much, when it wont affect my set up a whole lot. Granted yes, lvl could work well for a solid and developed Div I team, but i personally wouldn't touch it till i reach that level.

Lvl 4 is a big jump up on lvl 3 though. I have 2 lvl 4 trainers for attack and two for defense. Really noticed the difference after making the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

yup big improvement over lvl3... i'm considering lvl5 but there is a thread on the global lounge about it not being that great an improvement. might have to pick JP's mind about it!
    I'll run a test on it over the next two weeks.

Here's what I'm thinking:
    Take a young player who's receiving no individual sessions. Give him 1 L4 session in a particular skill, and note the csr increase from individual training.
    Next week, give the same attribute 1 session at L5, and note the csr increase again.

Anybody see any show-stopping problems with this? I know that given the non-linear nature of csr, we can expect the increase to be slightly greater on the second week regardless, but I think that should be fairly negligible from one week to the next on a player not actively being trained?

Just keep an eye on form, that affects CSR too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Am getting back into BR after a period of not being far off a one clik manager (shame I know!). Am going to finish in second in my league (III.3) this weekend irrespective of the results. I may however influence who finishes in third. My question is do I WNWIM, save energy but take a hit in the supporters contentment or do I play with a higher intensity in the hope of getting the team with a lower CSR in my semi but end up with less energy myself.

What would you do?

Am getting back into BR after a period of not being far off a one clik manager (shame I know!). Am going to finish in second in my league (III.3) this weekend irrespective of the results. I may however influence who finishes in third. My question is do I WNWIM, save energy but take a hit in the supporters contentment or do I play with a higher intensity in the hope of getting the team with a lower CSR in my semi but end up with less energy myself.

What would you do?

I'm playing wnwim for mine and I'm thinking about cancelling training for the week, but its up to you. What do you think your chances are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

ajeffares wrote: »
    I'm playing wnwim for mine and I'm thinking about cancelling training for the week, but its up to you. What do you think your chances are?

There are two points between 3rd and 4th. I play 4th, 3rd are at home to 5th. 3rd should win but if they don't then I'll be replaying 4th in the semi. The team in 4th were relegated into Div III last year and have played a mixed bag this year. He seems to have WNWIM his last few games so his energy levels are very good coming into this game. His CSR far outranks me and I guess I really don't want to face him in the semi. Have no chance against him if he LTNT.

Think you may have gotten me to answer my own question aj! Looks like I have to make sure I don't get him in the semi... and just take the hit on my energy levels come the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I've got another month to wait myself before I open lvl 4 training facilities...

Forgot for a while that lvl coaches dont train at a lvl 4 level until you have the facilities open, so I've been wasting cash each week on lvl trainers for attack, defense and kicking for a couple of weeks now...

There are two points between 3rd and 4th. I play 4th, 3rd are at home to 5th. 3rd should win but if they don't then I'll be replaying 4th in the semi. The team in 4th were relegated into Div III last year and have played a mixed bag this year. He seems to have WNWIM his last few games so his energy levels are very good coming into this game. His CSR far outranks me and I guess I really don't want to face him in the semi. Have no chance against him if he LTNT.

Think you may have gotten me to answer my own question aj! Looks like I have to make sure I don't get him in the semi... and just take the hit on my energy levels come the final.

Problem solved!

• Advertisement

I'll run a test on it over the next two weeks.

Here's what I'm thinking:
    Take a young player who's receiving no individual sessions. Give him 1 L4 session in a particular skill, and note the csr increase from individual training.
    Next week, give the same attribute 1 session at L5, and note the csr increase again.

Anybody see any show-stopping problems with this? I know that given the non-linear nature of csr, we can expect the increase to be slightly greater on the second week regardless, but I think that should be fairly negligible from one week to the next on a player not actively being trained?

Sounds good, form shouldn't impact it I would think over such a short period of time. and the gain from one week to the next is not worth worrying about really for this purpose. my u20 gains discounting his fluctuation in form maybe about 40/50 csr extra p.w. it seems (VERY approximate) and thats up ~70k so down at the 20k/30k (i assume around this level as you are picking a guy not being trained) will certainly be negligible.

Advertisement