Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 11! Game ON!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Won my game, got 2nd place. Will meet a decent enough team now, but will be optimistic!

Congrats Satory on your win too!! Close game till the end! Might still see ya in one of the games!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Nice end to season with 3 wins from 3. Roll on the relegation play-off!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Won my game, got 2nd place. Will meet a decent enough team now, but will be optimistic!

Congrats Satory on your win too!! Close game till the end! Might still see ya in one of the games!

Cheers...

I was surprised that I actually got the win today...

Now I've got to come up with a game plan for winning in the play offs :P

Either way, win or loose in the playoffs, todays result earned you at least 50K extra in prize money! Sort out a good plan, beat Menage and meet me in the final? Sounds like a plan.

Either way, win or loose in the playoffs, todays result earned you at least 50K extra in prize money! Sort out a good plan, beat Menage and meet me in the final? Sounds like a plan.

You planning on going up this season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Does anyone know what day the semi is? I did a very stupid thing today! I ment to play my second wnwim to rest for the semi, but in a rush to get the tactics in on time, I clicked TNT by accident :mad:

satory wrote: »
    You planning on going up this season?

If i had the opportunity, i think i'd take it.. Even just for the Exp of one season up there, i think if i did go up, i'd be straight back down!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

ajeffares wrote: »
    Does anyone know what day the semi is? I did a very stupid thing today! I ment to play my second wnwim to rest for the semi, but in a rush to get the tactics in on time, I clicked TNT by accident :mad:

Just as well you did, you only barely won, 2 points in fact. You would have lost home field advantage.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Just as well you did, you only barely won, 2 points in fact. You would have lost home field advantage.

I know but is it worth it? Big energy hit

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

ajeffares wrote: »
    I know but is it worth it? Big energy hit

I thought teams in the playoffs get their energy restored for the matches no?

Blast

• Advertisement

yes but thats after the semi and final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

If I don't want to get promoted this season - will just get whupped and lose member contentment, can I just put out a poorer side for the final and maybe lose, because I am above the automatic promotion line?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

ya if your willing to lose out on the money from promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Zagato wrote: »
    If I don't want to get promoted this season - will just get whupped and lose member contentment, can I just put out a poorer side for the final and maybe lose, because I am above the automatic promotion line?

Assuming you don't mind losing most weeks I would recommend going for promotion. Recent changes mean losing against much higher rated teams doesn't cause too much of a hit to contentment and I've found the increase in the number of members from playing in a higher division is a great boost to filling out you stadium with lower member contentment (although this point will only be beneficial for the season after really).

I found that when I was a much weaker team promoted to div 2 that I got a bit of a free ride from some teams and a few sneaky ltnt's can get a fair few points. Overall I think my teams improved a lot more from playing in a higher division even though I lose much more than I win.

To answer your question, yes you can avoid promotion by losing the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

mar-z wrote: »
    Assuming you don't mind losing most weeks I would recommend going for promotion. Recent changes mean losing against much higher rated teams doesn't cause too much of a hit to contentment and I've found the increase in the number of members from playing in a higher division is a great boost to filling out you stadium with lower member contentment (although this point will only be beneficial for the season after really).

I found that when I was a much weaker team promoted to div 2 that I got a bit of a free ride from some teams and a few sneaky ltnt's can get a fair few points. Overall I think my teams improved a lot more from playing in a higher division even though I lose much more than I win.

To answer your question, yes you can avoid promotion by losing the final.

I got promoted by fluke last year to Div 2. Spent the year getting hockeyed but was well worth it, made heaps of cash, got lots of experience and csr increases. At the start of the season, I just picked 15 players that I wanted to develop for the future and concentrated on playing them against the best teams in the division. This method got me significant CSR increases via IGT.

Then I managed to pick off 1 or 2 LTNT shocks to keep contentment up a bit. Also targeted the cup (more money, more IGT!)

So I'm up against the top team in my league Wednesday, their a better team but I believe I could LNT them and win. Prob is I didn't know there were playoffs so I LNT the last match n my first team are between 40-65% energy now...

Do I LNT to try get the final and at least silver, or rest them for the bronze match ?

TheJims wrote: »
    So I'm up against the top team in my league Wednesday, their a better team but I believe I could LNT them and win. Prob is I didn't know there were playoffs so I LNT the last match n my first team are between 40-65% energy now...

Do I LNT to try get the final and at least silver, or rest them for the bronze match ?

Go for it . . Get the tactics right and you might well have a final on your hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Cheers that's great, got promoted 2 seasons ago, and just lost every match bar one, my team rating went down by 5 points over the season, and contentment has still not come above cheery, as I was demoted into a pretty easy league.
    I guess I'll give it another ago, and try and get more IGT this time.

Zagato wrote: »
    Cheers that's great, got promoted 2 seasons ago, and just lost every match bar one, my team rating went down by 5 points over the season, and contentment has still not come above cheery, as I was demoted into a pretty easy league.
    I guess I'll give it another ago, and try and get more IGT this time.

Yeah it was pretty harsh when I first got promoted 2 seasons ago too but at the start of this season they changed the way contentment works so there is less of a hit against teams considerably better than you.

I'd go for it. There is a chance if the other manager sees your energy he will take it easier and try to conserve for the final himself. It will give you a good chance with the right tactics and ltnt.

The downside being you'll be ruined for the final/3rd place play-off.

• Advertisement

Anyone experiencing problems watching their matches today ?

"There seems to be a delay getting the commentary from the commentators box.
    Please be patient while we do our best to get you updated with this fixture."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Anyone experiencing problems watching their matches today ?

"There seems to be a delay getting the commentary from the commentators box.
    Please be patient while we do our best to get you updated with this fixture."

Yeah problems with the site. It keeps logging me out.

It's working for me. I'm 13-0 up at HT.

If anyone is still having trouble, gimmie your team name and i'll check and post scores if you want.

FT: 40-0 Win.

Very unlucky Satory, was looking at your game for a while, very close throughout!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

51-10 win against a team who's normally neck and neck with me. Not sure if it's my tactical genius finally making itself known, or if he made some desperate cock-up :o

It's working for me. I'm 13-0 up at HT.

If anyone is still having trouble, gimmie your team name and i'll check and post scores if you want.

FT: 40-0 Win.

Very unlucky Satory, was looking at your game for a while, very close throughout!

Yeah I am somewhat annoyed, I actually went for that with everything, even had a mini spread sheet done out, and since he's a 1CM I thought I could pull of a major shock, though his overall quality appears to have shone through :(

Will have to pick myself up for the 3rd place playoff and see if I can muster 3rd place. Did Gideons WNWIM against you?

satory wrote: »
    Yeah I am somewhat annoyed, I actually went for that with everything, even had a mini spread sheet done out, and since he's a 1CM I thought I could pull of a major shock, though his overall quality appears to have shone through :(

Will have to pick myself up for the 3rd place playoff and see if I can muster 3rd place. Did Gideons WNWIM against you?

He would have been on default, as he had no logged in since last week. I LTNT'd tho, and played 'normal' last week Vs him and won 34-8. He seems to only log in every 2 weeks of so.. So if it stays on default, you'll take him no bother.

You destroyed Menage's Lineout, and actually came closer than i have in a long while. So fair play, and i hope ya get 3rd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

I LTNTd and won 17-7 but energy levels are wrecked for the final, when will it be played?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

i normalled with all on perfect even without some of best players won easily 53-0 i was expecting it closer played agressive which really payed off and destoyed there lineout

Rested my 6 best players and LNT but lost against top seeded team, good chance for bronze still :D

• Advertisement

ormond lad wrote: »
    I LTNTd and won 17-7 but energy levels are wrecked for the final, when will it be played?

Saturday at normal time.

Advertisement