Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Expensive Parking in Dublin?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 9:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

I am gathering some information about parking charges and would like to know what is the most anyone here has ever been charged for parking in Dublin and its environs?

Even if it was somewhere else post it up also!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

3 per hour for Jurys on the quays. Prob not most expensive but pricey enough and not even city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Multi-story at Stephens green shopping centre!

€3.60 p.h., got nailed there one day. the ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The underground carpark at Smithfield is pretty expensive.

Multi-story at Stephens green shopping centre!

€3.60 p.h., got nailed there one day. the ****.

That's fairly steep alright. I didn't think the RCSI Carpark beside it was more than €3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

After your 5th hour in Pavillions, Swords, it jumps to €7.50/hr to discourage people parking there to work, I presume. http://www.pavilions.ie/your-visit/parking/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Jury's carpark up at Dublin Castle. 3.20 and hour, and no where outside to tell you the rates before its too late!:mad: More annoying is I went 5 min over the time and was charged 6.40 for 1hour 5 minutes parking grrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Does being clamped count? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Ilac was about €4 or €5 a while back.

Theres a place beside the Ulster Bank HQ on George's Quay that did all day parking for €30 and had a "special offer" of 5 days parking for €100. That used to make me laugh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Prices for car parks available here, though I'm not sure how up to date they are

Gaspode wrote: »
    Prices for car parks available here, though I'm not sure how up to date they are

RCSI is €3.60 per hour :eek:. That's mental, I recall when it was €2.70 only a year or two ago. Don't know how the carparks can justify those sorts of hikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I though grand canal square was expensive at €3 p/h. Never imagined somewhere charging more. I nearly choocked when I realised the price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Setanta is €4 an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Lidl in Deansgrange is €5 an hour, but if you spend a certain amount its free. It to discourage people not shopping there not to park there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

WindSock wrote: »
    RCSI is €3.60 per hour :eek:. That's mental, I recall when it was €2.70 only a year or two ago. Don't know how the carparks can justify those sorts of hikes.

Never forget the age-old adage: Let the market decide.

Advertisement