Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what options do i have

Options
  • 07-01-2011 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

last year my bank closed my bussiness overdraft a month after writing to me to advise me of this.At the time i was 5 grand in the red and was not i a position to pay that so i agreed to pay off 1500 before christmas,as it turns out i only managed to pay 800.I recieved a letter today looking for the 700 shortfall or they say they will use other means of collection.

Im not in aposition to pay that amount,so what options do i have or do i have any,can this be turned into a term loan,or can i tell them what il pay them every month.

Any advise welcome

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Your one & only option here is to pick up the phone first thing Monday morning and make apt to meet with the Manager.

Over the weekend put a list together of what money you have coming in versus whats going out......................put it in black and white for him to see and make it clear that you are not running away from the situation and that fear was the reason you have put off calling since the promised €1500ldg didn't happen.

Take it from me ---- these guys are meeting people just like you every single day and what impresses them most is the customer that faces up to the position they are in and maintains contact & keeps their promises.

Remember dont promise him anything you are not 100% sure that you can keep to and the very best of luck
    you'll feel much better after meeting and I hope it goes well for you.

p.s. the amount your talking about while enormous to you when you dont have it now is a drop in the ocean to the Banks !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 daveee

Thanks for that will ring first thing monday .

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Good advice and also look at the expenditure where you might have a coffee or can of coke or pints every day, cut some or all of these whatever to show how adjusting your spending habits can influence your ability to pay back the owed amount in quicker time. Thsi includes mobiles, sky, broadband etc. You may have already done all of this, if so , write this down to show how you have cut back to enable them to be paid back quicker. Good luck, if wont always be like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Another option open would be for them to strip the overdraft out onto a loan so you could make weekly/monthly payments etc

Advertisement