Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Caan quits Dragons Den UK

Options
  • 07-01-2011 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

200,http%3A%2F%2Fa323.yahoofs.com%2Fymg%2Fukie_news_extra__2%2Fukie_news_extra-727185176-1294400065.jpg%3FymB5IXED4ae5xmiA?v=2
    James Caan has revealed that he is quitting the BBC2 series 'Dragons' Den'.

The entrepreneur confirmed the news on his Twitter account earlier today, saying: "After four fantastic seasons, I have made the decision to step down from the panel of the much loved 'Dragons' Den'.

"I have seen some excellent entrepreneurs and brilliant ideas and I thank them and all of the dragons for making it such great fun."

He added: "I will be focusing on my existing investments and some exciting new projects."

James's decision to leave the show follows a long-running dispute with fellow dragon Duncan Bannatyne. On the most recent series the pair refused to speak to each other and have also traded insults in the media.

Speaking about his exit, Dominic Bird, 'Dragon's Den's executive editor, said: “James has been a fearsome dragon over the last two years and although we’ll be sorry to see him leave the den, we appreciate he is very busy with his new endeavours. We wish him luck and hope to work with him again soon on new projects.”

His departure leaves Duncan Bannatyne, Peter Jones, Theo Paphitis and Deborah Meaden as the four remaining dragons.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

He made a better exit in The Godfather!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

send over Bill Cullen - fast !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

FFS he was the only one that took a gamble!

They should have gotten rid of Duncan "I'm out" Bannatyne instead!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

telekon wrote: »
    FFS he was the only one that took a gamble!

They should have gotten rid of Duncan "I'm out" Bannatyne instead!!:mad:

I agree James always was willing to take a gamble which made it more fun and he had a decent streak

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

One of my favourite Dragons. They should axe Bannatyne, or Deborah - I'm out cause all the men are out/I'm in cause Theo's in - Meaden. Duncan's just rude, whereas James was a complete Gent. Will miss seeing him on the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

bungler wrote: »
    I agree James always was willing to take a gamble which made it more fun and he had a decent streak

And he was the only one who gave positive constructive criticism and advice.

Meanwhile Duncan will continue with his unnecessary and cruel criticism to people who just want to get ahead in life.

Ooo, he's so controversial. What a cad! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Duncan just moans at everyone and everything in his eyes is "ludacris"

James seemed like a genuinely nice guy and his book was a great read

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Sad to see it, I didn't know of this row has anyone got a link to the story or a rough overview of what happened/was said?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

At least they do justice to this idea

• Registered Users Posts: 20,056 ✭✭✭✭neris

get rid of that deborah one. shes dull and just there for token pc reasons. and while their at it can they axe all the irish dragons aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

His book is well worth checking out

I listen to audiobooks mainly and he narrates his own book
    Just saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

His book is well worth checking out

I listen to audiobooks mainly and he narrates his own book
    Just saying

Must get that, he has a great voice for narration alright.

Ive read a few things about him from the contestants saying he wasn't around to help etc. Prefer him to Duncan though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

ziedth wrote: »
    Sad to see it, I didn't know of this row has anyone got a link to the story or a rough overview of what happened/was said?

Here

In a nutshell Caan thinks Bannatyne is a racist ex-con.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭funki_munkee

He must have ran out of money! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Pity he is gone, I rather the Grumpy Scot was gone

Advertisement