Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Limerick City Centre

• 07-01-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

Well lads, im planning on renting mayby in summer and i was browsing sites like rent.ie and daft and I found some unreal places, howleys quay with a city view and balcony, sharing with 4 friends would be unreal, i could only find 2 places for that area tho, also the same for riverpoint, only 2 places advertising?

Id like to share with 4 friends so the rent would be cheap so we can get unreal places in town, but I cant seem to find many rooms left, are they all full or just not advertised?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You can also try the Limerick Post which is out every week. It's also online at http://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php/digital-edition.html

Howleys Quay is a bad idea unless you are a heavy sleeper. There is a busy pub and nightclub under it and it doesn't matter if you are to the side of the building because they have to walk somewhere at 2am+

Riverpoint. Didn't one of those apartments catch fire the other day? Nice new building. I know very little about it but at least you might get a view and some underground parking.

Check the Limerick Post. The other paper the Limerick Leader is also out weekly but is not online afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

Berty wrote: »
    You can also try the Limerick Post which is out every week. It's also online at http://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php/digital-edition.html

Howleys Quay is a bad idea unless you are a heavy sleeper. There is a busy pub and nightclub under it and it doesn't matter if you are to the side of the building because they have to walk somewhere at 2am+

Riverpoint. Didn't one of those apartments catch fire the other day? Nice new building. I know very little about it but at least you might get a view and some underground parking.

Check the Limerick Post. The other paper the Limerick Leader is also out weekly but is not online afaik.

your thinking of the block at mount kennet place, biggest sh!thole going!

never thought of the post, do they have pics and all?

this is the type of apartment id be looking for, unreal like, also if its high up, id imagine it would be relatively quiet..

j6thkoPn0C930DVVdA2y3XHmfZyYXloYsyTvPdb3l8xtPWRhZnQmaD00NTA=.jpg

47FPs66l6ho88iJCFjW9iCi6dbTM1UMJBgQJvLnbwattPWRhZnQmaD00NTA=.jpg

dhfBesdZrW6N3Svx7jNudyHSyehZsPubbArZsJxQTHhtPWRhZnQmaD00NTA=.jpg

KxTgMSbQf5wSjwo_4wPjYTK2ao_l0u7nXU1r_fgmZmxtPWRhZnQmaD00NTA=.jpg

imagine having a bbq with a few beers watching the sunset there like! i love places with a view!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

dave 27 wrote: »
    Well lads, im planning on renting mayby in summer and i was browsing sites like rent.ie and daft and I found some unreal places, howleys quay with a city view and balcony, sharing with 4 friends would be unreal, i could only find 2 places for that area tho, also the same for riverpoint, only 2 places advertising?

Id like to share with 4 friends so the rent would be cheap so we can get unreal places in town, but I cant seem to find many rooms left, are they all full or just not advertised?
    Berty wrote: »

I've viewed 4/5 apartments in Riverpoint and to be honest with ya,I found them tiny,dirty and alot of them had no view.You should go look at the strand perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

OP what's your budget? also are you willing to sign a 12 month lease, most of the places you're looking at will expect you to sign a lease. Generally when people move out with mates for the summer they head for the student estates in Castletroy.

No lease and might be more cost effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If you were to share with 4 over the summer in a house in castletroy you could well be looking at rent of 50 euro or under.

• Advertisement

its only a plan were having but im finished college for good in may so i kinda want to do something different (dont really mind being in a 6 or 12 month lease).

The way we see it is this, we want to have a city centre location, really really nice place, some places are about 1000 to 1200 a month but splitting it up to 4 is about 250ish a month each which is 62 euro a week which is unreal! so budget wise were not too pushed (obviously nothing too crazy like but i think renting prices have reduced over the past few years)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Not quite city centre, but if you can rent in Rose Hill on O'Callaghan Strand or Ferndale by Salesians you'll be close enough.

Not quite city centre, but if you can rent in Rose Hill on O'Callaghan Strand or Ferndale by Salesians you'll be close enough.

actually speaking of which, i came across a couple of unreal pads over by o callaghans strand and that area, views of the shannon ect very nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I used to live in Lansdowne Hall on O'Callaghan Strand, really nice place but they're only 2 bed appartments and no real view because it's hidden away behind Rose Hill. But what it lacks in views it made up for in privacy....nobody knew it was up there so security wasn't an issue :)

If you want something that could take 4 you'll probably have to look just outside the city centre, you don't usually see many 4 beds right in the city.

foinse wrote: »
    I used to live in Lansdowne Hall on O'Callaghan Strand, really nice place but they're only 2 bed appartments and no real view because it's hidden away behind Rose Hill. But what it lacks in views it made up for in privacy....nobody knew it was up there so security wasn't an issue :)

If you want something that could take 4 you'll probably have to look just outside the city centre, you don't usually see many 4 beds right in the city.

thats true, howleys quay is 4 bed but id prob prefer to have a whole house literally across the river on clancys strand etc for the same price, practically downtown like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

dave 27 wrote: »
    thats true, howleys quay is 4 bed but id prob prefer to have a whole house literally across the river on clancys strand etc for the same price, practically downtown like

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=927523

Or

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=963834&s[bd_no]=4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

A friend's dad owns this one. It's just gotten a mini revamp and used to be €1500/month. I haven't been in it, but by all accounts it's a gem and not to be mistaken with Howley's Quay Berty, it's Harvey's Quay.
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=994712

Advertisement