Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Know You Are Addicted To Games When..

Options
  • 07-01-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭

Blatently robbed off the Football Manager forum but I thought it could be a bit of fun here so come on suggest your things and remember its all in the name of fun so don't start saying your accomplishments or whatever.

Mine would be that whenever I hear an Accordion I instantly think of a clown playing it and make sure their is no cafe's near ala Broken Sword :D. Their is a busker in Dublin City Centre who has started playing the accordion now, freaks me out it does :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Walking like the characters in game LOL, namely TK, Driver Parallel Lines

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Back around '98 '99 I heard headcrab noises around my house... brix were shat walking up the stairs in my house in the dark.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

You have more online game friends than real friends

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

When you start seeing Reznov around the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

When you kill hookers after you have sex with them just to get your money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Yeah. I knew I had a problem when I had a ring in each hand, snorting crushed rings off the ass of a twelve-year old boy I called "Ring".

[Link???]

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

When you've been playing Half-Life for a few days straight and when you finally go outside you start hearing the Combine... Everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

closing my eyes and seeing COD crosshairs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

You're about to jump off a high ledge then you remember the fall damage will hurt like hell and you don't have a medkit to make it better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

When you try to double-jump out of bed in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

When you're driving along on a crisp winters day and you see a hawk circling against a blue sky........ and your right thumb jabs an imaginary triangle button to arm your strela 3 and score an easy 150 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

When you're walking aimlessly around town, eating pills, and you start seeing ghosts everywhere. F**king ghosts, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

When your outisde the house and looking around you see the best Sniper positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

when you put gaming before sex ;)

LOL maybe i shouldnt have said it but meh lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

A poor one from me, was playing a game of ball the other day and I was thinking to myself, man if I could change the camera on this I would be sorted. Too much BAL on PES I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

• You call the contents of your pockets your "Inventory".
    • You smash the vases in your friends house looking for coins
    • When the TV Licence people knock, you hide in the box the TV came in and peek out the hole until they move on.
    • You call work assignments "side quests" and wonder after the year is out, how you still haven't leveled up.
    • You ask the chemist "Where the Stimpaks at?".
    • During a real life zombie alien infestation, you pick the crowbar as a good all-rounder.
    • You wonder why you don't hear a "ping" everytime you do something awesome that nobody is around to see.
    • You grab the announcement microphone off the lady in Tesco and say "I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

When you try to retrace every major global event to the Patriots...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I keep clicking sleep but I still feel weird and tired. Drank some purified water and had a snack but I still don't feel any better. I think the radiation must be kicking in or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

...you leave all the lights on at night so mobs dont spawn in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

when you stay up for 5 days straight....open the fridge and birds sing at you.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You think you would be the greatest soldier ever because you are good at COD, but then get told there is no respawn in RL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

You think it's perfectly acceptable to sleep in a pub as a means of gaining extra rested experience before the next day in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

you start wearing a sneaking suit instead of jeans and a t-shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

When you sit down for some 1st thing of a saturday mornin cod, go in search of food to realise its now dark outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

When you see a cat crossing the road late at night and think its a hunter.
    When someone asks you to make dinner and you ask if they have mats.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jesmed

When you start seeing Reznov around the place.
    Its worse when ya can hear him talking:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

My brother overheard me muttering to myself the other day " Friendly Huey inbound" Hmmmmmmmm:o

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Constantly saying: Killing Frenzy! Slice and Dice! Be the Bullet! etc in the halo announcer's voice to myself while also driving my brother mad.

When I get him to leave the room I'll finish with the trademark GAME OVER!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

You start wondering how many turns it will take you to get to the fridge.

You're driving along and as soon as a you're close behind a car you start feeling the gear stick for the fire-cannon button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

When you find something you've been looking for and hear the "da da DAH-DAH!" chest noise from Zelda. Then triumphantly hold your car keys over your head with both hands.

Advertisement