Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Know You Are Addicted To Games When..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

When you see a red barrel and think "I'd love to shoot that and see it explode".

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

When having a scary dream you try to Alt+F4 your way out it..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Around the time GTA Vice City came out I was walking with my mates and a garda car stopped at traffic lights beside us.

I had to fight an instant urge kick the windows in.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

When you need to piss at say 1pm and eventually go at about 8pm only because your game crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

When you think "Sh!t I'm late for work, better bunny hop down the road" as it'd get you there faster.

Running with a knife is the quickest way to bomb site A (bedroom) from the spawn (kitchen).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

You start to hear "chig-aa" when you complete daily tasks...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

You walk into a gun shop and end up getting too scared to walk back outside, because you know there's a boss out there now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Calling plasters stimpaks :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

When you're watching War movies and thinking FFS, bleeeedin campers everywhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

.. there appears to be a blister forming atop the cluster of blisters already on your thumb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

When you open up your laptop and expect an AC-130

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

You expect the car to catch fire and blow up just by rolling upside down.

You are limited to only using 2 weapons at a time.

You think that simply hiding after getting shot makes you better, seconds later.

You miss that shot in paintball or airsoft, you blame it all on lag.

You start shouting racial slurs and profane words while playing the same thing.

You think you can jump higher by aiming a rocket launcher straight down on the ground.

You go Rambo in a perfectly planned raid, only for the whole gang to be killed.

You wake up, only to see the textures load.

You believe that duct tape solves everything.

You think a simple bird feather can revive someone back to life.

You think that having sex can grant you red orbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

when you realise that you will have to leave your games collection to your children as there is no way it can all be played in one lifetime
    (damn you Steam sales!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Climbing into the left hand side of a car, Too much Halo...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

when you start using 'imba' 'gg' 'neff' words in dialy conversations that has nothing to do with game at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

+1 on watching rooftops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

If you've never played PlanetSide - you probably won't get most of this but it was and still is, an epic video imo :p

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭BazMcG

When you start commenting on the transfer window saying to your mates: "Aw yeah, thats a good signing, hes got a -9 potential ability on champ, he got amazing in my barca game"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You think you would be the greatest soldier ever because you are good at COD, but then get told there is no respawn in RL

When you start using the term "real life" to talk about life...

And when you start thinking that daily experiences would make an excellent game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

BazMcG wrote: »
    When you start commenting on the transfer window saying to your mates: "Aw yeah, thats a good signing, hes got a -9 potential ability on champ, he got amazing in my barca game"

True that. Was only commenting the other day to a friend as to how Johan Elmander was such a crap player in real life when he's knocking in 2 goals a game average for me in football manager :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement