Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOOTCAMP IRELAND FOR GALWAY?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Seen bootcamp ireland on nationwide this evening and they said they are coming to Galway soon. Nothing on their website about it though, anyone hear anything about this? When/Where ect...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

I'd be interested in this,i'd also be interested in any 5 a side/nightowls,really need to get fit again...

I'd go to Zumba just to talent watch.

Looks like a really boring way of getting fit tbh.

It's like a more gruelling gym session without the hub-tub to look forward too(as a treat) :pac:.

The reason the military guys do stuff like that, is that they're paid too and have no choice, doesn't look like something I'd PAY to do.

If your serious about getting in shape your best to do it through an activity or sport where by you're engaging my mind into the process, it makes keeping it up a lot easier as your enjoying the game as it goes along instead of concentrating solely on the effort involved.

99% of people would drop out of something like that after a few weeks, you have more chance keeping it up if there's fun involved along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

Looks like a really boring way of getting fit tbh.

It's like a more gruelling gym session without the hub-tub to look forward too(as a treat) :pac:.

The reason the military guys do stuff like that, is that they're paid too and have no choice, doesn't look like something I'd PAY to do.

If your serious about getting in shape your best to do it through an activity or sport where by you're engaging my mind into the process, it makes keeping it up a lot easier as your enjoying the game as it goes along instead of concentrating solely on the effort involved.

99% of people would drop out of something like that after a few weeks, you have more chance keeping it up if there's fun involved along the way.

I think i have to seriously disagree- boring would be the last word I would use to describe these classes. I have done a few(not bootcamp ireland), and while its not for everyone it is def not a boring workout. The time goes so quick and it can actually be great fun(in a strange sort of way)
    On the dropouts no way would 99% leave after a few weeks.

gizmo73 wrote: »
    I think i have to seriously disagree- boring would be the last word I would use to describe these classes. I have done a few(not bootcamp ireland), and while its not for everyone it is def not a boring workout. The time goes so quick and it can actually be great fun(in a strange sort of way)
    On the dropouts no way would 99% leave after a few weeks.

I'm just basing the ''99%'' by looking at sports clubs where you get nearly a 50% fall out rate over a season(im involved in 3/4 different sports at various points). You get loads of lads down during pre-season but they all start the disappear over the following weeks.

The gym is much higher, i know very few people who have went for a full year and then renewed.
    So just when i see so many drop out of those two i could just see it being higher for this.

There are people who would like the training, the likes who are mad into the gym and running marathons, but the average person just taking a new years resolution wouldnt stick at it for too long.

It's a lot easier to exercise when you have your mind engaged and if people are serious about prolonged exercise finding an activity, sport or class is probably a better option as the competitive/learning aspect will see them return much longer.

Advertisement